FOX News | News | Sean Hannity

BigGayDeal.com

Hannity Guest Reminisces About 'Good Old Days When Men Were Men and Gay Meant Happy' - VIDEO

Cunningham

In a segment lamenting the cultural decay of society and the lack of heroes and role models, Sean Hannity spoke with conservative TV and radio host Bill Cunningham who took the opportunity to bash gay people.

Said Cunningham: "You know, Sean Hannity, in the good old days when men were men, gay meant you were happy and AYDs was an appetite depressant, you got to look up to teachers now having sex with students, politicians now licking women's faces in San Diego. We had a Hollywood stars like John Wayne and others you could look up to, we had the Roman Catholic Church. Look at the scandal there."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. It's hard to even fill in this comment form. You see, whenever I click on the 'jump' link on your site lately, the jumped to page comes with the Facebook/Email/Twitter/Etc icons on the left margin. They scroll down and over as I try to find a way to read (or write) around them. Very annoying. Please make them go away!

Posted by: Christopher | Aug 6, 2013 2:21:02 PM

2. Oh well. I guess luckily for Mr. Cunningham (and some would say, luckily for most of us), he won't be alive too much longer to see the world move further away from those good ole days he reminisces about.

Posted by: Francis #1 | Aug 6, 2013 2:25:23 PM

3. You also had segregation...

Posted by: UDontKnow | Aug 6, 2013 2:27:09 PM

4. They will never understand that the world they are lamenting the loss of NEVER EXISTED. All of the John Wayne men were men crap came at the expense of women, african americans, latinos, the poor, and especially LGBT people.

Posted by: brandon h | Aug 6, 2013 2:29:08 PM

5. He forgot to add "...and women knew their place." Zooks!

Posted by: James in Hollywood | Aug 6, 2013 2:32:29 PM

6. the same things happened back then, they were just swept under the rug.

Posted by: Jaysonn | Aug 6, 2013 2:34:33 PM

7. no mention of the fact that it was all a delusional lie...typical.

Posted by: Sean | Aug 6, 2013 2:34:55 PM

8. If these men dug a little deeper they would realize that John Wayne dressed and drag and that the Roman Catholic Church has ALWAYS been corrupt. Fortunately they are old white bigots who will continue to be 'frustrated' with less and less influence in society. Good Bye aholes. Die already.

Posted by: SFshawn | Aug 6, 2013 2:35:03 PM

9. ...said the 91 year old man...

Posted by: Tim | Aug 6, 2013 2:39:00 PM

10. As others have pointed out, he's recalling a world that actually didn't exist.

Fortunately, we now live in a world that allows men to define themselves however they want to.

Posted by: Joseph2 | Aug 6, 2013 2:43:36 PM

11. And real men had hard-handed, tough, blue-collar work like...uh, sitting on television covered in make-up prattling on for the edification of old blue-rinses at home.

Posted by: Chaz | Aug 6, 2013 2:46:56 PM

12. Ohhh, the "good ol' days, I remember them fondly !

I remember my HS English Teacher in 1980 railing during the very first class about how the word "gay" used to mean "happy". As I sat there, horrified, alone, intimidated, and afraid.

Those were great times ! What a HOOT !

I remember working out lifting in gym class as three guys approached me from behind, intentionally injuring me so that I couldn't go to gym class again for over 4 months. Oh, man, THOSE WERE THE DAYS, I tell ya' !

I remember having nowhere to turn, nobody to talk to, I remember Father W. being the ONLY person I trusted, and being too afraid to even confide in him, though I know now, rest his soul, he would have been only too happy to be supportive.

I remember the constant barrage of images and stories from the media, from Hollywood, of gay characters, their lives always represented as tragic, depressing, and lonely.

I SOOO miss those grand times !

I remember my "family" ignoring the clear signs something was amiss, the bruises, the fights, the obvious depression. And I remember keeping secret the failed suicide attempt - the rope didn't break, but the baluster did, and so I am able to be here today to fondly reminisce about all the great times I had back in the good old days...

Posted by: IwillNeverForget | Aug 6, 2013 2:47:07 PM

13. Poor ickle conservative men want their daddies back: their fantasy cowboy, steel-worker daddies.

Posted by: Chaz | Aug 6, 2013 2:47:37 PM

14. I remember the "good ole" days when mentally challenged people like Hannity were institutionalized for their own safety and clearly psychotic people like Ann Coulter were fitted with straight jackets and lobotomized. Now they are put on TV and idolized by Republicans. Do these people really want to go back to the "good ole" days?

Posted by: Mike | Aug 6, 2013 2:48:43 PM

15. Beaver and Wally were real. I've seen them on TV.

Posted by: Soren456 | Aug 6, 2013 2:50:30 PM

16. There's nothing better for my big gut than to watch hannity...I purge and feel thin again!

Posted by: Paul B. | Aug 6, 2013 2:52:38 PM

17. The Roman Catholic Church? We know now what was going on then! Men were men? So gays aren't 'real' men! I am so surprised!

Posted by: Matt26 | Aug 6, 2013 2:52:42 PM

18. Rather than looking back to some make believe days of yore, I prefer to look forward to a time when Americans are accepting of sexual and racial minorities, are careful not to offend those people with casual slurs designed only to demean and insult, and when the people we look up to aren't boors who wear their bigotry with pride and whose lives are simply a testament to selfishness and delusions of grandeur. I am looking forward to that time when we no longer have white trash like Cunningham being given a pulpit to spew his spittle on the airwaves.

Posted by: candideinnc | Aug 6, 2013 2:54:39 PM

19. John Wayne was married three times. One of his ex-wives tried to shoot him because she suspected he was having an affair (he had several during his marriages). He was a mean drunk and a chain-smoker.

Yes, a true Republican role model.

Posted by: jht | Aug 6, 2013 2:55:00 PM

20. John Wayne ? You mean Marion Morrison ? I seem to recall that he lived a relatively comfortable life making war propaganda movies, while his peers went off to war.

What a true American Hero.

Excuse me, some of my breakfast just came back up in my mouth.

Posted by: LoveTranscends | Aug 6, 2013 2:58:37 PM

21. Allow the white men their crisis of faith as all their complacent power is slowly taken away from them by homos, women, minorities, people whose hair doesn't look like it came out of a packet of ramen noodles and anybody who isn't exactly like them.

Posted by: Chaz | Aug 6, 2013 2:58:57 PM

22. Boy, the way Glen Miller played
    Songs that made the hit parade
    Guys like us, we had it made
    Those were the days...

And you knew where you were then,
    Girls were girls and men were men
    Mister, we could use a man like
    Herbert Hoover again...

Didn't need no welfare state;
    Everybody pulled his weight.
    Gee, our old LaSalle ran great!
    Those were the days!

Posted by: Rich F. | Aug 6, 2013 3:05:16 PM

23. Maybe he should go tell those women working at Fox News that they should be back in the kitchen to make sure they don't burn the roast.

Nah, that would never happen.

Posted by: Sam | Aug 6, 2013 3:05:39 PM

24. Gay still means "happy" and we are more "happy" than he'll ever be...and btw, has he checked out Falcon Studios or Raging Stallions movies to see men that make him look like prison bait? That turtle-faced idiot obviously didn't hear about the HETEROSEXUAL scandals of the Catholic Church in Ireland during the '30's (you know...his time). Too bad he doesn't recognize actors like Brad Pitt who actually tries to make a better place in the world or Robert Redford, the same. I look up to them more heroically than a crappy actor like John Wayne.

Joseph Campbell married his student in 1938.

Definitely wouldn't ask this idiot for any advice, since it more than likely would stink a hole to China. There's something about lizard brains that really needs a scalpel.

Posted by: woodroad34d | Aug 6, 2013 3:05:39 PM

25. Don't forget John Wayne also didn't bother going off to fight in WWII like many many other actors did, rather he stayed safe at home and made war movies. Lets not forget too that he was more then happy to toss people under the bus for old Joe(kill a commie) Mccarthy, hell of a patriot.

Posted by: Akula | Aug 6, 2013 3:06:18 PM