Madonna | News | Steve Grand

Why Did Steve Grand Get Kicked Out of a Madonna Concert? - VIDEO

Grand

Steve "All American Boy" Grand recently played San Diego's Indiefest, the first time he's played outside of Chicago, and sat down for an interview in which he discussed the music, his new purpose in life and his ejection from a Madonna concert.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via boy culture)

Comments

1. Does anyone here like his music? I'm tired of this pop-snooze artist being forced down our throats simply because he's gay and pretty.

Posted by: Mike8787 | Aug 23, 2013 12:03:44 PM

2. Love this guy. Can't help it. He's so talented, humble and REAL - not to mention 'gorgeous'! Wish him relentless success!

Posted by: Geoff | Aug 23, 2013 12:09:42 PM

3. Hey Mike, here's a tip: If you don't like him, don't listen. Don't read the article. Read something else.

Get off my lawn.

Posted by: Rick A | Aug 23, 2013 12:13:17 PM

4. His youtube video is now over 2million views and amazing accomplishment for any unknown artist, but especially so when it's a song with a gay theme.

He needed another back up singer, one who could stay in tune!

Posted by: Who me? | Aug 23, 2013 12:26:30 PM

5. Yes, Mike8787, I'm with you. It seems we are forced to embrace anything that's gay, however talentless and/or trashy it is. Rick A, your comment is awfully irrational.

Posted by: autechre | Aug 23, 2013 12:35:18 PM

6. Haters gonna hate. Me, I love this guy.

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Aug 23, 2013 12:38:52 PM

7. I want to do obscene things to his smokin' hot body. There, I said it.

Posted by: colin | Aug 23, 2013 12:42:19 PM

8. Stick to Broadway, he'll be fine.

Posted by: Marius | Aug 23, 2013 12:46:10 PM

9. Mike8787 and Autechre, I'm sure you can find puppies being kicked videos just to cheer you up.

Posted by: bollox | Aug 23, 2013 12:53:08 PM

10. @Mike8787 LOL. I can barely type, I haven't stopped laughing yet. Check the very first person to leap on this posting and read it! ha!!!

Posted by: Randal Oulton | Aug 23, 2013 1:02:49 PM

11. A beautiful boy with a great voice and personality. What's not to like?

Posted by: andrew | Aug 23, 2013 1:17:26 PM

12. I was excited to see Steve Grand at Chicago Market Days a few minutes before Wilson Philips went on. But apparently, so were a lot of people. I've never been in a crowd that was more dense than for Steve's 10 minutes or so on stage, and we literally could not move an inch.
    I'm glad All-Anerican Boy finally made it to I-Tunes a few days ago.

Posted by: GregV | Aug 23, 2013 1:17:35 PM

13. Did he get kicked out cause he's boring? Everyone, please stop fawning over mediocrity...

Posted by: D | Aug 23, 2013 1:23:36 PM

14. Here's a guy who's following his dreams and about 1/3 of the Debbie Downer's on here can't do anything but throw hate. You girls must be a lot of fun at a party.

Posted by: Gigi | Aug 23, 2013 1:28:42 PM

15. I like his music. I like All American Boy a lot, and I bought a copy from iTunes.

Posted by: Jeffrey in St. Louis | Aug 23, 2013 1:37:08 PM

16. @Mike8787 I like his music and also the statement he is making with it. I don't care much about whether he is pretty or not.

Posted by: Neil | Aug 23, 2013 2:00:34 PM

17. Ahh, among the first people to post are the hipster contrarians who must hate anything remotely popular or embraced by the masses. Somehow, I suspect people like Mike and Aut are loveless, friendless, and will die alone in pools of their hateful bile.

Posted by: Bob | Aug 23, 2013 2:55:31 PM

18. Love you Steve! I'll be your AAB!

Posted by: Marc | Aug 23, 2013 3:00:50 PM

19. Talented, cute and modest - what is there not to like?

Posted by: mundus | Aug 23, 2013 3:21:05 PM

20. Enough with throwing around the word "hate" and the even dumber "haters" and the even dumber than *that* phrase "haters gonna hate". Hate is 900,000-1,100,00 Tutsis being slaughtered by the Hutus in Rawanda in 1994. Making snide remarks about some pop singer that 99.99% of the world doesn't even know exists is not "hate".

Posted by: Henry Holland | Aug 23, 2013 5:51:43 PM

21. Many of the above comments demonstrate why so many artists (and people in general) today hide behind defense mechanisms of cynicism, snark, irony, etc. When you where your heart on your sleeve and are unguarded (as Steve seems to, and as did that clip yesterday with Tom Goss and the Accidental Bear), it seems to bring out folks in steel-toed boots looking to get their kick-stomp on. Seriously, people, if you don't like his stuff, move on.

Posted by: Dback | Aug 23, 2013 6:18:11 PM

22. He's already improved singing live. Kudos.

Posted by: Ryan | Aug 24, 2013 12:20:05 AM

23. It is so nice to a young and good-looking person be pourd of himself and be gay. I wish him continued success as I can feel he is doing good things and will help others and himself. Continuedlove and success Steve Grand.

Posted by: FunMe | Aug 24, 2013 10:21:52 AM