Lady Gaga | Music

Lady Gaga Unleashes 'Applause': AUDIO

6a00d8341c730253ef01901ea26e6a970b-800wi

After her new single leaked last week, Lady Gaga decided to officially release her new single early.

Put your paws up and listen to "Applause" AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Boring. Before, her stunts were tolerable because at least her music was catchy and decent. Now it's boring, which makes her community-college-artsy image even more ridiculous.

Posted by: Luke | Aug 12, 2013 9:03:45 PM

2. These are the kind of sings that get you moving in the club.

So the Madonna troll on top can go puss in some old people's club. They still have Madonna karaoke nights before 8pm

Posted by: Jake | Aug 12, 2013 9:08:22 PM

3. "I live for the applause"...REALLY? sounds like a fame whore & let it be known to all monsters not to try applying make-up on acid.

Posted by: badtrip | Aug 12, 2013 9:11:03 PM

4. WOW! So good and catchy. Can't wait to dance to this!!!!!

Posted by: brian | Aug 12, 2013 9:11:40 PM

5. As a fan of Madonna and Lady Gaga both (yes that is possible)....this is a pretty interesting song and sound. Good job. Looking forward to the rest of the album.

Posted by: AaronTx | Aug 12, 2013 9:23:06 PM

6. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Posted by: ZZZZZ | Aug 12, 2013 9:23:53 PM

7. Gaga songs always sound like Frankenstein mixed them.

Posted by: Kev C | Aug 12, 2013 9:27:59 PM

8. I'll just note that when Madonna put out her third album, it included Papa Don't Preach and Open Your Heart. 27 years later, I'm guessing you probably know those songs. I'll ask you in 27 years if you remember Applause.

Posted by: Madgefan | Aug 12, 2013 9:29:32 PM

9. Hopefully Beyonce will save us all and put out some worthwhile pop music.

Posted by: Gabriel | Aug 12, 2013 9:33:46 PM

10. I like it but it's hard to tell what's she singing in the chorus... wish they'd cleaned up the vocals and made it less cluttered as the tune is really catchy.

Posted by: Richie | Aug 12, 2013 9:35:45 PM

11. It makes me want to dance!

Posted by: Polyboy | Aug 12, 2013 9:38:16 PM

12. @ Madgefan

maybe I'm wrong but could it be that 20 something years ago, Madonna was the only female doing this kind of stuff & now the world is filled with pointy plastic drones with tits wannabes?

Posted by: jena | Aug 12, 2013 9:40:49 PM

13. It just reminds me of a Jem song ... If Jem and the Holograms sucked.

Posted by: Yasuri Yamileth | Aug 12, 2013 9:45:47 PM

14. sounds like a low quality rip.
    even so, the compression tricks are a bit nauseating.
    and again, for the love of all that is holy, stop brickwalling.

Posted by: JonQPublik | Aug 12, 2013 9:52:04 PM

15. Whether Gaga or Bieber, autotune does not improve the performance.

Pop culture may hate me but true talent should not be eclipsed by someone with access to voice manipulation software to make their work sound like people actually like their work.

Posted by: bkmn | Aug 12, 2013 10:00:03 PM

16. As a Madonna fan (sad that we seem to need to take sides... why?) I think this new single is not bad, at least the chorus is good. I think some of Gaga's stuff is good, but a lot is crap. This one feels a bit disjointed... the chorus is good (but I can't tell what she's saying) yet the stanzas are not great and the intro is awful... don't like what the vo-coder is doing to her voice. I give it a B-... which for most pop songs coming out now is a good rating.

Posted by: graphicjack | Aug 12, 2013 10:12:59 PM

17. all you girls are just silly...

Posted by: tc in mco | Aug 12, 2013 10:23:20 PM

18. @Jena, you are wrong. There were plenty of female pop stars in the 80s. The reality is you remember Madonna because she rose above it all.

Gaga is certainly one of the best around today, I'm not taking that from her. I was just remarking on Madonna because Gaga defenders feel the need to call her old (even though her tours still put most to shame) when no one brought her up. And for Gaga, I don't think this will be a song we'll be remembering in 27 years.

Posted by: MadgeFan | Aug 12, 2013 10:30:50 PM

19. Ohh i love it!

Posted by: Chicklets | Aug 12, 2013 11:01:31 PM

20. Listen to "Bring Ya To The Brink" By Cyndi Lauper- Her record company decided not to support this album when it came out. If you are looking for a great dance album. Let Cyndi take you to the brink!!

Posted by: Josh | Aug 12, 2013 11:10:15 PM

21. @MADGEFAN

You won't be around in 27 years, because you sound like OLD MEN. Sorry, but young people have a different taste, and yes, WE will remember this song in 27 years. Go to sleep.

Posted by: brian | Aug 12, 2013 11:21:22 PM

22. Madge, I agree with most of what you're saying. One thing I think you're glossing over is the difference between career-defining pop cultural moments and an artist/performer's best work. Madonna's most definitive songs were early in her career, but I think it's well-accepted that Ray of Light was her best work.

Britney's iconic songs were tied to visual media more than the actual music. In 27 years, everyone will remember Baby and Oops, but her best (and only musically substantial) work was Blackout.

And, of course, Gaga will be no different. Odds are she'll be forever remembered for Bad Romance and Born This Way and her best musical moments will be less memorable.

Posted by: JDH | Aug 12, 2013 11:22:42 PM

23. Both songs from the new album, "Aura" and "Applause" are actually pretty interesting archaeolocigally = Marianne Faithfull, Peaches. The remixes I've listened to are pretty great - mostly of the EDM variety. You Madonna lovers have to get over it. Gaga reigns and does it much more often than your "idol" who faced the same criticism back in her day.

Posted by: Paul | Aug 12, 2013 11:34:47 PM

24. Love it. Now we can all forget about 'Born this way'.

Posted by: Tristram | Aug 12, 2013 11:37:43 PM

25. haters gonna hate. they have nothing better to do. LONG LIVE GAGA!

Posted by: Reality | Aug 12, 2013 11:53:40 PM