Comments

1. JMC says

This is so awful.. she had so many dreams for the future. It’s also sadly unsurprising, the rate at which transgender women of color are murdered is absolutely horrifying.

2. Zeta says

Only four comments? :(

Anyway, he didn’t have to die like this. I’d never heard of that youtube show; I’m glad youtube is here as an outlet for shows like this which would never get on network tv in the US (and the show is about black men? it’s not getting on cable, either).

Thoughts and prayers to his family.

3. Esteban says

I grew up not far from Fontana, and lived near by for most of my life. It is a very rough area. What used to be a middle class/working town became poor almost overnight when Kaiser closed the steel mill. Yes, Kaiser, used to make steel.
    While this may look like a hate crime, it could just as easily be something else. Robbery, a drug deal gone bad, a domestic issue. Or a random act of violence.

4. Jesus says

@Zeta SHE identified as a trans woman and SHE deserves to be referred to as such. To use male pronouns to refer to someone who identified as a woman is pretty disrespectful, especially right after they are murdered, possibly for being trans.

5. Zeta says

@ Estaban, why? because the victim is black?

@ Jesus, he’s a dude. He liked to relax his hair and wear lipstick and dresses. That was no reason for him to die (or be told that he’s really a woman for liking those things, but that’s another conversation). No one deserves to be brutalized like that. I hope they find his killer.

6. says

@ZETA: You (or decent people, anyway) identify transgender people by the pronoun that human being wishes to be identified by out of respect, in this case, respect for the dead. It honors how that person saw herself. That’s quite different than being told “he” is “really a woman.” Is anyone saying that? Don’t think so. I’m not sure why some people have such a hard time with gender–ignorance or willful ignorance?

7. Kevin_BGFH says

Very, very sad.

This headline is misleading. It makes it sounds like two people were murdered. Why not “Transgender Youtube Star Found Murdered”?

8. Regan DuCasse says

A HARMLESS young person, who was living their life the way anyone deserves to, was killed horribly.
    My heart goes out to Domonique. She was like many beautiful transwomen we have lost to this senseless violence.
    This makes me sick and sad this keeps happening.