Wingnut Peter LaBarbera Charges Pope Francis With Naivete About 'Aggressive Homosexual Agenda'
Peter LaBarbera, the President of Americans for Truth About Homosexuality, recently wrote a statement to his readers concerning the personal comments made by Pope Francis about the church's stance on various social issues, including gay marriage and abortion. He was, of course, displeased with the Pope's relatively open-minded and open-doored statement. In fact, he writes of his fears that the Pope has been duped by the homosexual agenda to infiltrate the Catholic Church.
Right Wing Watch reports:
According to LaBarbera, “Satan’s earthly minions” concocted a plan to bring gay men into the priesthood so they can “seduce and molest” boys in order to discredit and weaken the Church’s authority to condemn homosexuality. LaBarbera now fears that the Pope is giving ammunition to “pro-homosexuality and pro-abortion militants” to further their goal of bringing “corruption and destruction to many institutions.”
LaBarbera's impassioned analysis of the homosexual agenda explains the gays' 6-step plan in fuller detail:
I dare say that a more sinister plot to undermine the Catholic Church and its reputation could not have been carried out had Satan’s earthly minions spent $100 million devising one:
1. Homosexual men take advantage of more lax standards to enter priesthood.
2. Homosexual priests and male Catholic school officials use their authoritative role to seduce and molest mostly male teenagers and boys.
3. Homosexuals like then-Archbishop Weakland and their sympathizers in the Church cover up priest abuses and transfer predators to new, unsuspecting parishes, where they molest more boys.
4. The homosexual-predator scandal blows up in the media — alienating millions of Catholics from the Church and doing untold damage to its reputation and moral, spiritual and political influence.
5. Homosexuals and liberal allies who advocate for acceptance of homosexuality turn around and say Church is now discredited because it harbored “pedophiles.” Meanwhile, Church officials resist full disclosure of the scandal, thus perpetuating it.
6. Lastly, “gay” activists and their liberal allies continue to insist that the male-on-boy priest abuse scandal has little or nothing to do with homosexuals — but rather was a “pedophile” or “ephebophile” (adult who is sexual attracted to adolescents) problem.
My hunch is that each and every one of those complicit Church apologists for homosexuality, like Weakland, would consider himself “more compassionate” and “more Christ-like” than “anti-gay Catholics” who have been scandalized by the homosexualist advances in their Church. Such is the arrogance of liberals. This despite the untold suffering of boys victimized by sexual deviants masquerading as pastoral guardians of others’ souls.
It was only a matter of time 'til conspiracy theories began pouring in on this latest Catholic Church kerfuffle. LaBarbera's plan paints a particularly insidious portrait of the homosexual menace, one likely as difficult for us to believe as it is for anyone else. If only we could hear Pope Francis's rebuttal.