BitTorrent | Madonna | News | Steven Klein

Details of Madonna's #SecretProject Revealed

Madonna

Madonna's #SecretProject that she has been tweeting and Instagramming and YouTubeing about for months now is a short film collaboration with Vice Media and BitTorrent intended to facilitate free speech around the world.  The film is being released as a BitTorrent bundle, according to The Hollywood Reporter:

secretprojectrevolution is a 17-minute film she co-directed with Steven Klein that will be released on Sept. 24. It will debut in conjunction with the launch of a digital initiative called Art for Freedom, that will encourage others to submit video, music, poetry and photography that addresses persecution around the world and the personal meaning of freedom and revolution.

"My goal is to show by the example of secretprojectrevolution my creative commitment to inspire change in the world through artistic expression," Madonna said in a statement. "I hope my film and other submissions to Art For Freedom will be a call-to-action and give people a place to voice their own creative expression to help fight oppression, intolerance and complacency."

BitTorrent is trying to show it is not about piracy and says that the new 'Bundles' business model allows commerce to be "baked in" to the content 'Bundle', and fans will "have an opportunity to connect directly back to the publisher."

The project, which is set to premiere on September 24, will also be broadcast via Vice's The Creators Project.

Comments

1. Will the secret be her killing herself on stage and ridding us of this never-ending nightmare?

Posted by: Quicksilver | Sep 17, 2013 1:01:59 PM

2. [Headline continues:] World Yawns Collectively

Posted by: VSo | Sep 17, 2013 1:20:36 PM

3. Sorry, Old Madge whose fans are dying of HIV every day. Lady Gaga is IT right now. She is our Queen. She is our Hero. She is the number one female superstar in the world. Go away. You need to check into Shady Pines Nursing Home.

Posted by: Gagarules | Sep 17, 2013 1:32:00 PM

4. This sounds fascinating - and I'm not even a Madonna fan.

Posted by: colin | Sep 17, 2013 1:36:35 PM

5. @GagaRules - young, bitchy queen who clearly has no idea about his gay history.

Those Madonna fans you poke fun off paved the way for you to enjoy the freedoms you have today

Have some respect

Oh and if Gaga read your comments she's be ashamed to have you as a fan

Posted by: Richie | Sep 17, 2013 1:38:00 PM

6. Sounds like a great idea, and much in keeping with Madonna's belief system.

And remember children, Madge was here first!

Posted by: Jack M | Sep 17, 2013 1:38:35 PM

7. you people are pathetic. if you don't like her, don't read or post about her. the fact that she is still doing things to try and better the world /raise awareness and creating in the process, and embracing new technology and distribution channels/social media -especially since she started at a time when the industry was very different- is quite amazing and inspiring. i don't understand why you have to be so hateful. you have been dismissing her since 1984.. give it up. she will go away when she wants to go away and when she feels that she has done all there is to do. that is a true artist. the lady gage comparisons are dumb. there is room for both. your nasty words are more a reflection on you as a human being than her or anyone else.

Posted by: jacek | Sep 17, 2013 1:44:17 PM

8. @GAGARULES - That's a truly disgusting thing to say.

Posted by: momdarkness | Sep 17, 2013 1:46:07 PM

9. The best part of this is it's participation element. I'll be interested to see how other filmmakers respond to this.

Posted by: Tom | Sep 17, 2013 1:48:30 PM

10. Hard to believe, but everybody is going to be old one day, and hoping to be as active as Miss Madge is (however manic and ego-driven—we all need our own "raison d'être").
    Gay audiences launched her career, I was there, and I don't think she ever let us down and probably helped open more doors than Gaga ever had to (different time, different generation). That said, I am neither a current Madonna fan and definitely not a Gaga fan (but not a Gaga basher either, she'll eventually learn by her mistakes), and I have now totally lost my train of thought so I'll leave you all with this… too much information?

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Sep 17, 2013 2:07:23 PM

11. Oh, Gagarules, you couldn't even pull your #1 Queen past Katy Perry in the Itunes war. Didn't Perry outsell her by a factor of 3 to 1?

Posted by: MIke | Sep 17, 2013 2:22:53 PM

12. Not just past Perry, but Miley is on top of both of them right now. Embarrassing.

I think this is a great idea. Why not? Madonna doesn't need your money. She is in a position to do whatever she wants.

I support and commend her for this. Go Madge!

Posted by: Fancy | Sep 17, 2013 2:28:22 PM

13. Why is it that any troll who pretends to be a Gaga fans and flames Madonna/Katy/Britney/xtina, just to get a rise out of you all, works as planned every single time? I see the reverse in Gaga threads. Jesus Chrissy the internet is just too easy for trolls.

Posted by: Mike | Sep 17, 2013 2:43:41 PM

14. I just read Gaga's appearance on the Andy Cohen show didn't even have a pulse in the ratings. Apparently other nights from the same show scored higher last week. His audience wants their Housewives.

Posted by: MIke | Sep 17, 2013 2:44:03 PM

15. Okay. I've never been enamored of Madonna, but if this particular piece helps to shine a light on injustice and brutality then I'm all for her and it.

Posted by: Geoff | Sep 17, 2013 2:49:51 PM

16. I like Madonna. . . and Gaga, so I can't join in that conversation. I am wondering, though, why there's a photo of Marlene Dietrich attached to this post?

Posted by: Christopher | Sep 17, 2013 3:14:14 PM

17. When cowardly posters are using "her fans are dying of HIV" as a weapon to club celebrities online -- and among celebrities with largely gay audiences! -- you know we're in trouble. That remark took me right out of the enjoyable silliness of this debate and reminded me that HIV stigma is such an ignorant, cruel device.

I've lived with good health and joy with HIV for the last 30 years, from the time Donna Summer was our diva. And I'm not going anywhere, people.

Mark S. King
    MyFabulousDisease.com

Posted by: Mark S. King | Sep 17, 2013 3:22:58 PM

18. Gays have rights today because of our Mother Monster. That is a FACT. Old hag Madge never did anything for gay rights.

Posted by: cymbaartpop | Sep 17, 2013 3:47:07 PM

19. @cymbaartpop nice try troll. Gaga fans are well aware of Madonna's significant contributions to the gay community.

Posted by: Mike | Sep 17, 2013 3:55:29 PM

20. Gay men who suck up to Madonna are sycophants. What has she ever done for gay rights except utter some vague statement at about the same time she has a new album coming out? She used lesbianism to titillate sleazy straight guys and not to help the GLBT cause.

Posted by: Bob | Sep 17, 2013 4:09:45 PM

21. Won't somebody give Bob/Jason/Adam a hug.

Posted by: crispy | Sep 17, 2013 4:28:15 PM

22. It's the real Art Pop.

Posted by: bbg372 | Sep 17, 2013 4:42:26 PM

23. @"...why there's a photo of Marlene Dietrich attached to this post?"

I know where you're coming from, Christopher. She looks more glamorous than she did 25 years ago.

I was never much a fan, but I appreciate people who maintain their physical beauty or enhance it. She's got magnificant facial bone structure. Unless it's...what's that you youngins' are always using? Photoshop?

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Sep 17, 2013 4:43:39 PM

24. @DERRICK: I must disagree. In the photo Madonna looks like Bette Davis when she was starting to age, wearing a blond wig. I honestly thought it was Bette at first. Not Madonna's best.

Posted by: David From Canada | Sep 17, 2013 9:00:38 PM

25. [reads comments]

Oh, that's right. I'm on the internet, where everyone is horrible.

Posted by: distinguetraces | Sep 17, 2013 10:50:37 PM