Comments

1. UFFDA says

2. UFFDA says

3. SomewhatAnthropomorphised says

Did anyone else notice in the lyrics Tina Fey including something to the effect, ‘…nothing gayer than this…’?
    I was pretty disgusted by that and the gay shaming danse. I wasn’t expecting a “that’s so gay” variant from her, on that show. Guess that was naïve of me, as other readers apparently have come to expect this from SNL. Sad.

4. Craig says

“Not only are they all white, they all have hair, none of them are paraplegics, you can’t tell if any are gay or vegan or single parents, adopted, jewish, or victims of child abuse, or suvivors of cancer, plus they’re all clothed and my outrage has reached its limits.”

Not having diversity on an American show supposedly geared for everyone is ridiculous. If they have no desire to appeal to anyone outside of the white populace, then I’ll give them their wish and stop watching the show. Dealing with white Americans and their empty headed, supposedly color-blind white supremacy is tiring.

Oh yeah…Tina Fey is always a delight.

5. Robert says

Have any of you ever been to an improv show? Or taken an improv class? The people who get on SNL aren’t standup comedians. They’re improv members from The Groundlings and Second City. The OVERWHELMING percentage of improv actors are white. SNL shouldn’t have to pander and search outside of their comedic zone just to satisfy people who don’t think SNL is funny anyway.

But really, for many of you to forget just how many minorities SNL has turned into stars is ridiculous. Get annoyed at all the white men in CONGRESS, not on a sketch-based comedy show.

6. Mike says

“The new case were very white.”

Unlike most aspects of American life these days, they must have chosen the best actors/comedians, and didn’t worry about filling token spots to make everyone happy and look PC.

Shows like Daily Show try to be all PC, but the minorities they hire aren’t on the same playing field and are clearly there as PC tokens for diversity purposes. Jessica Williams? Wyatt Cenac? Larry Wilmore? They’re all total crap and aren’t funny at all.

The people who thrive are the ones with talent, like Stephen Colbert or Steve Carell.

7. Derrick from Philly says

@ “I like to cry racism every chance I get!”

No, honey, you like to practice it. Enjoy your new mayor come January. DeBlasio!

@ “When that happens, quality suffers. Just like in private business or government or wherever.”

LOL…somebody’s been sucking Rick’s ….nipples. LOL

8. Robert says

Why didn’t Tina Fey just point at the boys dancing in their gold lame shorts, look into the camera and say, “That’s SOOO gay!”

I think you have to be a seventh grade boy to really “get” Saturday Night Live humor.

I’d say SNL jumped the shark. But that happened 15 or 20 years ago.