Comments

1. redball says

unlike Applause, the music video for Roar did NOT save the song.

katy should really learn to dance. at least then she could feast our eyes with hot dance moves.

-_-

2. JMC says

Super cute video, Katy is always a refreshing break from the dreary pretentious output of some of her contemporaries. Wish the song didn’t suck though.

3. steve says

I loved the trailer for the video…but the whole look felt too much like a sound stage…artificial… I love the song though. It’s a good video just was hoping for something a bit more spectacular and less sound-stagey looking.

4. MIke says

I thought it was completely G-rated fluff aimed to kids who’s parents have disposable income. Not one twerk or crotch grab.

5. brian says

cheap. and what is with her skin color? they put a lot of bronzer on her to make her look more “native”? weird.

6. daws says

Umm…yeah this isn’t good. I’m embarrassed for her. She’s had some songs I liked but I’m going to scrub this and the horrible video from my brain.

7. Marc says

I’m not sure what video all of the whiners on here were watching, but this was fantastic. Katy, you rock. Love you and keep doing what you’re doing. You’ve got an incredible career these fools only WISH they had.

8. skincub says

Oh c’mon!
    The video was sweet and luxuriously filmed. Like a Techicolor Tarzan.

I think the soundstage-feel was intentional, and wholly tongue-in-cheek.

Brushing Croc teeth, painted elephant toenails and pomegranate lip gloss!?

Hilarious and adorable.

9. Luke says

Y’all are too uptight. I love the song, love the video, love Katy! It’s just supposed to be a fun song and fun jungle video, and some of you are taking it far to seriously.