Lady Gaga | News

BigGayDeal.com

Lady Gaga Does 'Wizard of Oz' Version of 'Applause' on GMA: VIDEO

Oz_gaga

Lady Gaga put on a variety of Wizard of Oz guises from Dorothy to Glinda in a performance of "Applause" on Good Morning America this morning. She sat down for an interview with Robin Roberts and Lara Spencer afterward in which she explained the performance:

"All of these outfits and wigs that I've been changing in over the years. This is my way of surviving. This is my way of getting to Oz to have all my dreams come true. Whatever we had to do to get past the evil monkeys and the Wicked Witch, Dorothy was able to transform in order to survive. By transforming into Glinda and then transforming at the end into the wizard who was just Dorothy herself, me."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Dorothy_gaga

Comments

1. Um... It's pretty clear she never read the book, or even saw the movie. Dorothy never had to transform to get back to Kansas... She didn't turn into Glinda or the Wizard. If you are trying desperately so hard to be our icon, you better get our fairy tale right. Fail.

Posted by: Graphicjack | Sep 9, 2013 10:29:48 AM

2. um, graphicjack... total fail on your part.

Posted by: tbd | Sep 9, 2013 10:38:06 AM

3. I liked her better when she wore masks. It's kind of sad to witness someone who believes their own hype and begin a "creative phase" to find themselves. Unfortunately, their true self is not interesting or entertaining to people.

Posted by: enough | Sep 9, 2013 10:42:17 AM

4. I love and commend Gaga for her commitment to the stage. She gives her performance all she's got. Applause well deserved.

Posted by: Jay | Sep 9, 2013 10:47:32 AM

5. What a desperate way to pander to the gay community. She is NOT my spokesperson and she doesn't have any talent.

Posted by: genyry | Sep 9, 2013 10:49:25 AM

6. As Glinda tell Dorothy at the end of the movie "You had the power all along, just click your heels three times" No transformation needed. The power to realize your dreams is within you.

And what was the apple about? That's not the Wizard of Oz. Talk about your fractured fairy tales.

Posted by: William | Sep 9, 2013 10:56:44 AM

7. I love her more than ever! She wants to inspire! How bad is that?

Posted by: Jim | Sep 9, 2013 10:57:23 AM

8. @William -The apple was from when Dorothy and the Tin Man trick the trees to throw apples at them so they will have something to eat.

Posted by: Nick | Sep 9, 2013 11:06:46 AM

9. Four wigs, one hook, zero inspiration.

Posted by: Brian | Sep 9, 2013 11:08:48 AM

10. I am so waiting the drug overdose. This chick is OVER.

Posted by: predfefus | Sep 9, 2013 11:11:18 AM

11. ApplOZ?

Posted by: maxx | Sep 9, 2013 11:12:36 AM

12. evidence the singularity has happened

Posted by: Jose Barros | Sep 9, 2013 11:27:25 AM

13. I'm calling it. Gaga has officially ran out of costume designs. I mean I was okay with the white box, but the Little Mermaid? And the Wizard of Oz?

Hause of Gaga needs to take a break... travel a little bit, get inspired. And come back refreshed with new ideas.

Steve McQueen (may he rest in peace) couldn't have been the only creative genius in the world.

Posted by: Jackhoffsky | Sep 9, 2013 11:33:53 AM

14. too early to start the week with caca. please make it stop.

katy
    miley
    lorde
    eminem

have taken all the applause

Posted by: don't a tell la | Sep 9, 2013 11:40:28 AM

15. Can't say I'm really a Gaga fan, but I think that without question this woman can SING---she does have decent pipes, unlike many of the other current pop stars. (Yes, there's plenty of autotune in her songs, but she doesn't need it---she has a good voice.)

Loved the poppy hats for the audience---great visual.

Posted by: octobercountry | Sep 9, 2013 11:43:10 AM

16. Yep, exactly the type of comments I expected to read on Troll Road whenever a Lady Gaga story is posted.

Like her or not, please save your vitriol for our real enemies. Stop wasting time hating and trolling a pop star.

Posted by: QJ201 | Sep 9, 2013 11:43:22 AM

17. I thought it was cute. Okay, so maybe she intended something deeper and missed the mark, but for what it was, not bad.

Posted by: Tom | Sep 9, 2013 11:58:03 AM

18. I agree QJ201...
    Why are most people negative? What kind of world does that make. I do not own a single Lady Gaga album and yet I can appreciate that she is well spoken, polite, intelligent and coherent and she sings very well and is a great musician.

Posted by: Michel | Sep 9, 2013 12:09:31 PM

19. Agree with a few posters here. It's amazing how much energy people have for vitriol. There are a lot of artists I don't care for (none that I can say I hate or would wish death on like so many people seem to do with Gaga and some others) but I would certainly never waste any time watching a video or commenting on one of those artists. Who has that kind of time to waste?? I choose to focus my time and energy on those things/artists/etc. that I enjoy. Life's too short.

Posted by: Joe | Sep 9, 2013 12:22:13 PM

20. love her voice

Posted by: Grover Underwood | Sep 9, 2013 12:41:56 PM

21. She has a face for radio.

Posted by: Paulie | Sep 9, 2013 1:00:19 PM

22. It was a morning show on network television. You expected her to bleed profusely on stage or something? You queens are relentless.

Posted by: brian | Sep 9, 2013 1:02:42 PM

23. I love her creativity and her energy. And she does have a strong voice when "unfiltered". Her version of "The Lady is a Tramp" with Tony Bennett is evidence of that. So, not every song is a perfect anthem, let's cut Gaga a little slack, and quit all the hatin'.

Posted by: bluedogj | Sep 9, 2013 1:07:32 PM

24. I wish someone would drop a house on HER!

Posted by: Johnny | Sep 9, 2013 1:08:38 PM

25. She is an enemy to the gay community. She uses us as marketing pawns.

Posted by: predfefus | Sep 9, 2013 1:12:00 PM