Crime | New York | News | News Clips

Manhunt Underway For Disgruntled 'Old Friend' In Targeted Killing Of NY Gay Man: VIDEO

Murder

Police are currently seeking the whereabouts of an 'old friend' of the victim of a brutal "planned, professional murder" that took place earlier this week on Long Island, The New York Daily News reports:

A popular Long Island horse-riding instructor was killed when bullets tore through a window in the dream home he built with his longtime partner. Ross Reisner, 50, and Kevin Murray were sitting on a leather couch in the living room at their house in Setauket, L.I., at about 8:45 p.m. Tuesday when the shots were fired.

Detectives were seeking to question a longtime friend about the slaying, Reisner’s grieving family told the Daily News.

“He was an old friend and now this craziness,” Ian Reisner, the slain man's brother, said as he sat shiva at his mother’s midtown Manhattan apartment. “There was something weird going on, some bad blood.”

The friend had known Reisner for over 20 years and had a beef with him, Reisner’s brother said.

Reisner's brother has also said the weapon used to murder his brother was a "high caliber" weapon, a far cry from "Dad's pistol under the pillow." Reisner's partner was grazed during the barrage of bullets that came through their living room window. A neighbor reported hearing one shot fired followed by six additional shots after a brief pause. Police officials say they have information that leads them to believe this was a targeted attack, though they have yet to release any details that might shed additional light on the case. Neighbors and friends meanwhile remain stunned by the horrific murder.

Watch an ABC News report on the slaying AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Sounds like a job for Columbo.

Posted by: anon | Sep 28, 2013 5:40:20 PM

2. Or a perfect Law and Order episode

Posted by: jarago | Sep 28, 2013 8:58:45 PM

3. I can't imagine sitting in our living room, and having my husband killed right in front of me. I just can't imagine it.

Posted by: DG | Sep 28, 2013 9:28:08 PM

4. Can't help wondering why the NY Daily News finds the leather upholstery significant.

Posted by: Leroy Laflamme | Sep 28, 2013 9:32:32 PM

5. How horrible. As DG says, it truly is unimaginable that someone loved could be taken so cruelly from outside one's home never even having to gain access. It really gives me pause to contemplate this.

Posted by: Joesph Foster | Sep 29, 2013 12:49:33 AM

6. Sad news.

Posted by: Eddie | Sep 29, 2013 9:04:02 AM

7. Such a horrible thing to happen such a wonderful person. Ross was my horse trainer and gay life mentor while growing up. I looked up to him and his partner Kevin as role models of how to live in the gay community. He was a dear person that alway's put himself out for others. I think back fondly of the many kind gifts and life lessons he gave me. I'm greatful to have known him. My heart goes out to his partner Kevin and family. much love.. Matthew

Posted by: Matthew | Sep 29, 2013 9:24:49 AM

8. SOUNDS LIKE A DRUG DEAL GONE BAD...

Posted by: Shannon | Sep 29, 2013 1:25:43 PM

9. Shannon, do you have some extra knowledge of this? I haven't seen drugs mentioned anywhere in anything I've heard about this. Are you just typing anything you pull out of your butt?

Posted by: db | Sep 29, 2013 1:34:37 PM

10. I can't imagine the horror of the surviving man. I would literally NEED to hunt down who did this. I just can't imagine.

Posted by: Rob | Sep 29, 2013 1:58:04 PM