Film and TV | Project Runway | Ryan Seacrest | Simon Cowell | Television

What to Watch on TV This Week: 'Sons of Anarchy' Returns, Southern Charm on 'Project Runway'

Prs12_06292013_bn-0259_r
As the TV season gets into full swing, check out our new weekly guide to make sure you're catching the big premieres, crucial episodes and amazing guest stars.
  • Ryan Seacrest hosts a new game show The Million Second Quiz, premiering tonight at 8 p.m. Eastern on NBC.
  • Sons of Anarchy returns for its sixth (and penultimate) season Tuesday on FX at 10 p.m. Eastern.
  • The X Factor returns with a two-night season premiere Wednesday and Thursday at 8 p.m. Eastern on FOX. This season Paulina Rubio and Kelly Rowland join Demi Lovato and Simon Cowell as judges.
  •  Stacy Keibler is the guest judge on Project Runway Thursday at 9 p.m. Eastern on Lifetime. The designers create looks for modern Southern women.
  •  On Friday’s America’s Next Top Model (9 p.m. Eastern on the CW), the models are made to walk the streets in their underwear, and one male contestant has a teary breakdown.

Comments

1. Am I the only one vaguely appalled by the assumption that those five shows are somehow of intrinsic interest to gay people?

Must assimilation into the larger culture equal wallowing in the absolute worst of it?

Posted by: Bryan | Sep 9, 2013 8:22:39 PM

2. Bryan,

I agree with you. The dumbing down of the gay community continues unabated courtesy of gay blogs.

Posted by: Bob | Sep 9, 2013 9:17:46 PM

3. At the risk of sounding trollish, I agree. At best, this is low hanging fruit. At worst, it's poorly disguised marketing. Honesty, I'd rather just see more ads and the high quality content usually featured here.

Posted by: C | Sep 10, 2013 12:48:30 AM

4. At the risk of sounding trollish, I agree. At best, this is low hanging fruit. At worst, it's poorly disguised marketing. Honesty, I'd rather just see more ads and the high quality content usually featured here.

Posted by: C | Sep 10, 2013 12:48:57 AM

5. reality shows
    nope nope and NOPE
    not on my list at all

Posted by: L Goethe | Sep 10, 2013 4:54:52 AM

6. reality shows
    nope nope and NOPE
    not on my list at all

Posted by: L Goethe | Sep 10, 2013 4:54:53 AM

7. Seriously ?
    This is supposedly good quality television ?

And a model having a 'teary breakdown' is posted here as a highlight ?
    We are no better than the brain dead numb-nuts of the GOP Tea Party audience if we promote this garbage.

"Big Premiers; Crucial Episodes;Amazing Guest Stars "........you CAN NOT BE SERIOUS !!!

Who write this garbage ?

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Sep 10, 2013 5:00:50 AM

8. I appreciate this, how else am I supposed to know what to watch, telepathy? And even if I don't watch it, I got the jist enough to stay in the loop. As for all the complainers, when you clicked on the headline that said "project runway", why are you all surprised to see a write up of reality TV? Don't click it next time if you don't like it.

Posted by: Adam Dunn | Sep 10, 2013 11:02:54 AM

9. I must ask to whom is Bobby writing this to? Does he not know his audience? The shows are tripe.

Posted by: Bruce | Sep 10, 2013 11:23:50 AM

10. Well, just to offer a counter perspective, I watch SOA and ANTM, so this article is not lost on me. Sure ANTM is trash/reality TV, but I am into photography and love watching the photo shoot process and finished product. Oh, and there are cute guys competing this season, which is TOTALLY gay!

SOA is just a kick-ass show. Nuff said.

Posted by: AriesMatt | Sep 10, 2013 11:54:49 AM

11. It's stuff like this that makes me glad I work 3rd shift and sleep during prime-time TV hours. Been doing it for years and I surely have not missed a damned thing.

Posted by: Jamal49 | Sep 10, 2013 12:08:52 PM

12. I don't watch reality shows.
    And I don't watch game shows.

Try again.