Gay Marriage Proposal | News | RJ Aguiar | Will Shepherd

Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Will and RJ

Rj

Will Shepherd proposed to his boyfriend RJ Aguiar over the weekend. Will and RJ are a vlogger couple who recently moved out to L.A. and RJ is an occasional contributor here at Towleroad. We wish them the very best!

Writes Will: "so i proposed yesterday. i've been planning this for MONTHS and i'm glad it went over so well. we're glad we get to share this experience with you guys. thanks for all the love and well wishes"

Don't miss our other recent Gay Wedding and Marriage Proposal videos...
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Jordan and Devon [tlrd]
Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Spencer and Dustin [tlrd]
Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Derek and Robert [tlrd]
Gay Wedding Video of the Day: Johnny and Sebastian [tlrd]
Gay Marriage Proposal of the Day: Adam and Nathaniel [tlrd]

Rj2

Comments

1. Will this never end? Why do people insist in making such a personal, private moment a public spectacle?

Don't get me wrong, I'm recently married myself, but why is this news?

Posted by: Howard | Oct 14, 2013 12:22:05 PM

2. Valley talk? Like seriously?

Posted by: Endora | Oct 14, 2013 12:25:15 PM

3. Three things I am tired of: Marriage proposals, flashmobs and version of Cups.

Posted by: Mitch | Oct 14, 2013 12:31:47 PM

4. Andy: We don't need any more gay marriage propaganda to convert us to the cause. We're there!

Posted by: will | Oct 14, 2013 12:47:23 PM

5. "How romantic, thought the photographer."

Posted by: James | Oct 14, 2013 12:48:16 PM

6. What is wrong with people and this unhealthy desire/need to post every aspect of their lives (even the most private of moments) online for everyone (beyond friends and family) to see? Are they that desperate for attention and fame? Congratulations to them but seriously, enough is enough with all these fame seeking whores.

Posted by: Perry | Oct 14, 2013 12:49:25 PM

7. Well I guess a "vlogger couple" vlogs. Everyone's a Kardashian.

Posted by: MIke | Oct 14, 2013 12:55:18 PM

8. Another pair of bottoms getting married??? When will this end?

Posted by: DoubleHeader | Oct 14, 2013 12:55:35 PM

9. So sweet. Keep posting these here, there's never too much love.

Posted by: Matt27 | Oct 14, 2013 12:58:54 PM

10. So sweet. Ignore the Negative Nancies on here. Matt27 is right, there's never too much love.

Posted by: The Milkman | Oct 14, 2013 1:19:45 PM

11. SOme people like to blog/vlog. Sometimes it works,other times it doesn't like with the gay marine couple featured on here.
    They broke up and then found out that yes,putting your whole life on line means you won't get any privacy for a break up either.

Posted by: Zack | Oct 14, 2013 1:21:43 PM

12. I predict they will last as long as people pay attention to them. I agree love is love, but how deep is it when you do it for the camera?

Posted by: Tonez | Oct 14, 2013 1:23:37 PM

13. Congratulations guys. I thought it was sweet that both were planning to propose. Much happiness and best of luck.

Posted by: Rafael | Oct 14, 2013 1:33:22 PM

14. @Zack,

Please, please, please tell me who you are talking about? Which couple from the Marines broke up? Does anyone have a name that I can Google???

Zack, are you still there?

Posted by: Hey!!! | Oct 14, 2013 1:43:05 PM

15. Keep it up, keep going, never stop the marriage proposals, gay weddings, gay romances, gay kisses, men-on-men anything and I'll never leave you!

Posted by: UFFDA | Oct 14, 2013 1:54:41 PM

16. While I understand fully people's annoyance at self-promotion through the publicising of intimate moments, I must say that videos such as these can be that glimmer of hope needed by those who have to hide in the closet in order to survive.

It isn't easy being gay. It isn't easy waking up everyday and reading news, which goes unnoticed in the mainstream, about the pain inflicted upon the queer community. It isn't easy knowing that at any moment in time, should a hideous regime take power, or should public opinion sway against us, we would easily find ourselves in harm's way, and all of the progress we have made destroyed. We are forever vulnerable to the ignorance of others.

This is why it is nice to take a break from that leaden weight and see, hear and read of queer people living happy and love-filled lives, a light for those of us in the dark. Like most of us, Will and R.J. are perfectly imperfect people. They have decided to share their lives with others in the hopes of making their followers feel less alone and more hopeful and making the rest of the world a little less ignorant. When they started vlogging daily at the beginning of last year, they had fewer than 15k subscribers, and soon they will reach the 100k subscriber milestone. I have been watching Will's videos since early 2009 and it has been great seeing him find love and build a life full of promise for himself. We should all be so lucky.

They have helped me a lot more than they will ever know and I wish them good health and all the happiness they can find together in the decades to come.

Posted by: John | Oct 14, 2013 2:01:32 PM

17. This is so cute. I wish you all the happiness in the world! Congratulations! You guys are amazing.

Posted by: Jonathan | Oct 14, 2013 2:10:53 PM

18. They are my favorite couple on YouTube. I am not surprised that they shared this moment with all of their subscribers. I am very happy for Will and RJ. Also, side note: RJ once wrote for Towleroad, so I am assuming that is one big reason why Andy posted it.

Posted by: Thurts | Oct 14, 2013 2:14:35 PM

19. They are my favorite couple on YouTube. I am not surprised that they shared this moment with all of their subscribers. I am very happy for Will and RJ. Also, side note: RJ once wrote for Towleroad, so I am assuming that is one big reason why Andy posted it.

Posted by: Thurts | Oct 14, 2013 2:14:35 PM

20. @HEY!!!

Russ Marine 2014 and Matt broke up because Matt apparently cheated on Russ while Russ is on deployment.

Posted by: Azgaard | Oct 14, 2013 2:53:50 PM

21. Here's a novel idea for the haters. If you don't want to see or hear about some happiness in the world, don't look. If you see an article here that you don't approve of, then, move on to the next article, or better yet to the next blog. Please don't presume to speak for all when you insist on stifling some of the happy news. Best wishes to Will and RJ. and Dobby.

Posted by: Reggie777 | Oct 14, 2013 3:08:55 PM

22. Bury these proposals in a steel vault and bury them 1000 feet under ground. I'm sure historians will have a good laugh when discovered.

Posted by: MM | Oct 14, 2013 3:31:55 PM

23. REGGIE777: If you want to play the Church Lady and pretend everything is sweetness and light, be my guest. Some have different and contrary views. While we can respect your compliance, we can both co-exist. We're Gay too. Do all heteros agree? And "haters" is a dated word. It went out in 2012. Best wishes.

Posted by: OB | Oct 14, 2013 3:39:17 PM

24. Maybe some people are tired of news of gay proposals and gay marriages, but we must understand that each couple's relationship and their journey is unique. Maybe some of you just see them as "another gay couple", but for people like me who have watched all 600+ of their videos, their engagement is something very special. It feels just like seeing your close friends finally settle and get to spend the rest of their lives with someone they love. If you don't care, it's okay. There about 100,000 of us (people who watch their videos on a regular basis)who care.

I don't understand why some people are unhappy about others sharing their live on the internet. It's their freedom whether to share their lives, and it's your freedom whether to watch. Why judging people's lifestyles when they are not hurting anyone?

I guess I've spent too much time responding to the haters. I almost forgot that I came here to send my best wishes to Will and RJ, and Dobby.

Posted by: RYWJ | Oct 14, 2013 3:43:24 PM

25. These are one of the most genuine people on earth and I wish them the best! No relationship is perfect but I know I'll be there with them through ups and downs.

Posted by: G | Oct 14, 2013 3:44:08 PM