Couples | Lance Bass | News

Lance Bass Might Televise His Wedding

6a00d8341c730253ef019aff210487970b-800wi

Lance Bass, who got engaged to boyfriend Michael Turchin this September, has opened up to ABC News about his plans for his upcoming nuptials. The former 'N Sync-er, SiriusXM radio host and newly minted director said he and Turchin plan to marry next fall. According to Bass, "I've always dreamt of having an outside wedding, or at least the reception outdoors, that's why [next] fall." Readers curious to know all about the wedding -- plans for the ceremony, the reception, the guest list, etc. -- may be pleased to know that the couple may share the experience with the entire world, broadcasting it on “a particular network":

"I love a party. It's going to be nice and big and over the top," he said. "The network offered us a big wedding special. Knowing myself in the 1980s growing up a gay kid in Mississippi, I would loved to have seen something on TV I could relate to and go, 'Oh, my gosh, I could do that!'"

As for the wedding itself, Bass said there's no tradition to follow and they plan on doing things "our own way."

"I don't know if we will even have groomsmen or bridesmaids," he added. "Since there's no wedding dress and half the excitement of a wedding is to see the wedding dress and what it looks like ... we're wanting all of our guests to come completely over the top, high fashion like you're heading to the MET Ball or the Royal Wedding."

As for the couple’s honeymoon (which will probably not be broadcast on television), Bass says, “There's lots of places we've wanted to go together, but have not found the time...One of those is Paris, one of my favorite places in the world. It would be nice to be able to experience that with Michael."

Comments

1. He just proved he is an attention seeking fame whore. His 15 minutes of fame is over so he needs to just give it up.

Posted by: Perry | Oct 26, 2013 4:39:58 PM

2. Of course he wants it broadcast and of course he wants somebody else to pay for it and of course and of course and of course. Ugh.

Posted by: Glenn | Oct 26, 2013 4:43:04 PM

3. Just go away already...

Posted by: Sam | Oct 26, 2013 5:04:24 PM

4. ^^^

Jealous bitter queens whose last sexual experience was popping out of mothers vagina 90 years ago

Posted by: litper | Oct 26, 2013 5:05:27 PM

5. Just no.

Posted by: Jaker | Oct 26, 2013 5:09:40 PM

6. Get 'em LITPER! Someone else pays? Where do I sign up? Fifteen minutes are up? Evidently not, because here he is. Michael Turchin is adorable, and if LB is getting notoriety and a party on someone else's dime, more power to him. I wish them well.

Posted by: Aunt Sharon | Oct 26, 2013 5:13:34 PM

7. Don't.

Posted by: Ben in Oakland | Oct 26, 2013 5:31:04 PM

8. Other than being part of a boy band however many years ago, does this person actually have any...um...talent or DO anything? I'm kinda sick of hearing about him at this point. He's starting to come across as desperate. Plenty of gay and lesbian people plan and have weddings already and don't feel the need to contact the media about it. They are a cute couple - just have the thing already and post the pics after it's done. Don't care about hearing all about it.

Posted by: warmsun | Oct 26, 2013 5:35:54 PM

9. It’s official. Lance Bass is the gay Kim Kardashian (only Kim’s got the better ass).

Posted by: colin | Oct 26, 2013 5:44:57 PM

10. Boys not everything is a show.

Posted by: Jay | Oct 26, 2013 6:14:14 PM

11. I thought Lance had it together. But it looks like I was wrong.

Posted by: Gast | Oct 26, 2013 6:15:39 PM

12. Seriously guys? If it were you and you could have your whole wedding paid for, including honeymoon, and you'd get the opportunity to have it broadcast for all the world to see - you wouldn't do it? You can't say no because no one would believe you and you'd be lying to yourself.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Oct 26, 2013 6:33:09 PM

13. Mike, in all honesty I wouldn't broadcast my wedding for money. I certainly wouldn't put my family and friends through that circus, It is tacky to say the least.

Posted by: Jay | Oct 26, 2013 6:38:01 PM

14. of course--televised - just like royalty! After all, when all you ever wanted in was to be in front of a camera, what else could you possibly want on such an important, intimate day? and a honeymoon in Paris? Wow..how did he EVER come up with such an original idea? The only thing that could make it more perfect would be a JUNE WEDDING!!

I feel sorry for his bf.

Posted by: DannyEastVillage | Oct 26, 2013 6:50:43 PM

15. Why not televise it? The more gay weddings America sees, the sooner it will warm up to marriage equality.

And no, Lance. A wedding does NOT need to involve someone wearing wedding gown. What kind of self-respecting gay man would make a statement like this? It's 2013, not 2002.

Posted by: Mary | Oct 26, 2013 7:33:09 PM

16. The more a person puts their life on camera,the less likely their relationship will last.
    I give them three years at most.

Posted by: Kevin | Oct 26, 2013 7:46:34 PM

17. No thanks, Lance Bass. I don't care that much.

Posted by: Bravo | Oct 26, 2013 7:53:21 PM

18. Good lord what makes this vacuous idiot think anyone wants to watch his wedding? Oh and Lance? Your Sirius show is a cringeworthy mess.

Posted by: Mark | Oct 26, 2013 8:38:48 PM

19. That means another reality show which follows them everywhere including their bedroom.

Posted by: simon | Oct 26, 2013 8:39:22 PM

20. His boyfriend is cute as a button.

But I honestly can't say I care how he plans his wedding or whether it's televised. That's really their business. Some people want only closest family and friends with them on their wedding day... while some want to shout it from the proverbial rooftops and have a big lavish production. Either is perfectly fine if both partners are on board.

Posted by: sparks | Oct 26, 2013 9:03:44 PM

21. Reality is: if it is televised you will watch it. Maybe not live but like all the other gay wedding videos we've all watched, you will watch it. And this wedding will be done professionally so if you shed a tear or two on a non-celebrity gay wedding you're gonna give way to more tears for Lance and Michael.

It is just hard to read so many of these snarky belittling statements from people in my own community. It is sad that you have to hate your own so very much.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Oct 26, 2013 9:14:27 PM

22. Please make him go away! His show (and cast of characters) on SiriusXM is awful. Every show he has directed has been a bomb. He had to be literally dragged out of the closet in 2006...and now he wants sponsorship for his wedding?!
    Lance: Retire while you might still have an ounce of dignity left.

Posted by: BM in Newport | Oct 26, 2013 10:04:10 PM

23. I think the constant coverage of someone like Lance Bass is part of the "dumbing down" of this site.

This guy was notable for coming out on the cover of a lot of magazines and I commend him for doing it.

But now it is time for him to turn to the next chapter of his life outside of the public eye.

This just looks pathetic as the other readers have noted.

But what is even more pathetic is that Towleroad is giving this guy a stage.

Posted by: American Dreamer | Oct 26, 2013 10:51:29 PM

24. @Colin: Ummmmm, Kim's ass is FAKE, so no.

Posted by: redball | Oct 26, 2013 11:57:39 PM