News | One Direction

One Direction Takes You into Their Shirtless Workout Session: VIDEO

Tumblr_mwqkwaLrqX1qi5gjzo1_400

How does One Direction stay fit for their tours? On Saturday the group had a 7-hour streaming live event called 1D Day and showed off a few off their workout techniques.

They also performed "Story of My Life" on X Factor UK and the American Music Awards over the weekend.

Watch the training clip and the X-Factor performance, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. So don't care.

Posted by: Raybob | Nov 25, 2013 10:42:20 AM

2. They train everyday? I'm impressed! They're into a healthy lifestyle, as opposed to so many bands of yesteryear who sat around and did drugs and drank in their spare time and then ended up in rehab - I hope these new guys escape all that freight.

Posted by: David From Canada | Nov 25, 2013 10:50:44 AM

3. Those tats look like crap. I can't understand why anyone would want to plaster junk like that all over their body. And the poor kid will be bald, based upon that already receding hairline, by the time he is thirty-five. I'd be more concerned with that rather than where to put that next garish tattoo.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Nov 25, 2013 11:06:22 AM

4. @ Mike Ryan - I agree 100%. Tats look ugly, especially on him

Posted by: Dave in PA | Nov 25, 2013 11:16:00 AM

5. @Mike Ryan I am right there with you. Those are some of the worst looking tats I have ever seen.

Posted by: Robert | Nov 25, 2013 11:18:38 AM

6. 3/5 of them are adorable but they all have one thing in common.. terrible tattoos! Awful.

Posted by: Monsieur V | Nov 25, 2013 11:28:24 AM

7. in twenty years, hipster fashion tats are going to be like platform boots or stone-washed jeans.

That you can never take off.

EVER.

Posted by: Chaz | Nov 25, 2013 11:29:54 AM

8. Such bitter, vicious queens you all are. Sad, really.

Posted by: Justin | Nov 25, 2013 11:35:16 AM

9. If tats ward off guys with the attitudes in the comments above, that in itself makes them worth getting.

Posted by: Marlon Manroe | Nov 25, 2013 11:41:36 AM

10. Why does this site devote so much time to following this group? Seriously. Isn't it a little unseemly to basically reaffirm the whole notion that we must want to jump on these barely-legal guys? They aren't exactly huge advocates. They don't do anything to influence LGBT policy or life. I'm not into leering at them just for the sake of leering.

Posted by: Joey Y | Nov 25, 2013 11:47:21 AM

11. The 'you're all miserable bitter queens' thing is getting very old.

Cute lads.

Nice attitude.

Meh music.

Rubbish Barbie tats.

Working out is healthy but try not to get hooked on the selfies, lads: it makes you look insecure.

Posted by: Chaz | Nov 25, 2013 11:49:59 AM

12. People like Justin and Marlon just can't handle the fact that, frankly, some tats ARE ugly and look ill-conceived. I once saw an adult video of a guy who looked pretty good, but once it showed his bare bum, there they were. TWO huge tats, each the size of an Eggo waffle. One was a big, primitive shamrock, and the other was a cloud with a rainbow going into it. They looked stupid, and NOT sexy.

Posted by: Joey Y | Nov 25, 2013 11:55:21 AM

13. Right on cue, the Tattoo SA show up to declare their hatred of all things tattooed. Don't you have some knitting to do?

Posted by: D.R.H. | Nov 25, 2013 11:55:39 AM

14. Is Harry prepping for the sequel to Cape Fear or a reboot of OZ?

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Nov 25, 2013 12:03:48 PM

15. I'm not against tattoos by any means - I'm just against tattoos that look like crap. There are some guys with absolutely beautiful tattoos but to just deface your body with prison-type markings reveals a lack of education or brains. My grandfather had tattoos and got them while in a Japanese POW camp. He was always embarrassed by them as he grew older and would cover them as best he could. I look at guys with these huge neck tattoos, the teardrops down their cheek, the "F... U..." across their knuckles and wonder what were they thinking? Hopefully tats will eventually be easily removed, perhaps with a new growth of skin over them, but a smart tasteful tattoo or two is envious but an ill-conceived butterfly the size of a full hand is just plain ridiculous.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Nov 25, 2013 12:14:26 PM

16. Lusting after barely legal teens....how typical..

Posted by: Ankerich | Nov 25, 2013 12:20:26 PM

17. Why did they hire a fat trainer?

Posted by: peterparker | Nov 25, 2013 12:25:49 PM

18. @ankerich. Yes heterosexuals never ever desire teenagers or college age students. Evar.

Posted by: Jaker | Nov 25, 2013 1:34:28 PM

19. @Jaker

If you are near their age there is little problem. It's the creepy older guys that hit on "jail bait" that are the issue.

And yes, ugly tattoos are ugly.

Posted by: Sam | Nov 25, 2013 2:11:53 PM

20. The tats are horrible but if they are drug-free, than that's great. Let's hope they don't emulate Justin Bieber and become little dicks.

Posted by: Jack M | Nov 25, 2013 2:42:31 PM

21. I love these boys and welcome any and all One Direction posts on Towleroad. They are absolutely adorable and make me feel like a teenage girl must feel.

Posted by: bicuriousus | Nov 25, 2013 2:55:27 PM

22. @JUSTIN: They are, aren't they? Toss in jealous and envious, too.

Posted by: jamal49 | Nov 25, 2013 2:56:10 PM

23. my father also had an array of ugly tats on him.

Posted by: luke | Nov 26, 2013 7:25:34 AM

24. Years ago I complained to the owner of a gay strip club about the trashiness of the dancers. His response was "Here to make money and my customers like their hustlers to look like hustlers."

Posted by: Enchantra | Nov 26, 2013 11:31:49 AM