American Family Association | Bryan Fischer

BigGayDeal.com

Bryan Fischer: Love Your Gay Child By Telling Them They're On 'A Road of Destruction and Death' - VIDEO

Screen Shot 2013-11-13 at 4.14.31 PM

American Family Association spokeshater Bryan Fischer shared today what his idea of unconditional love would look like if one of his children came out as gay.

Said Fischer:

"I would appeal to them to make different choices with their sexuality. I would appeal to them not to go down that road because it's a road of destruction and death but I would love them unconditionally."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Yesterday, televangelist Pat Robertson gave his own advice for parents of gay children: Ask your kid if they've been molested by a coach.

Comments

1. Hmmm....seems to me everyone who is breathing today is on a road to death. Doesn't that happen to everybody?? Moron.

Posted by: Don | Nov 13, 2013 6:23:09 PM

2. I wish you would stop posting stuff about Bryan Fischer. We get it--he says heinous things about gay people every day. But why give him continued publicity on this blog? It feels like you post something from him several times a week, and it's exhausting.

Posted by: David | Nov 13, 2013 6:33:47 PM

3. I really enjoy reading this website, but I think I might have to stop if you persist on giving publicity to this guy. I get it, he's an awful human being. But having this highlighted daily is starting to bum me out.

Posted by: STEVE | Nov 13, 2013 6:41:20 PM

4. Mr. Fischer is afraid of gay people living dignified, stable lives.

Posted by: Jay | Nov 13, 2013 6:52:03 PM

5. Boy, I'd never want him for a parent. So hateful. Does he ever shut up?

Posted by: JEFF YORK | Nov 13, 2013 7:28:32 PM

6. Let's be honest: that's the only love he ever received and that's the only love he is able to give: none.
    Oh my gosh, if only Psychiatric cases were treated into specialized psychiatric hospitals before letting these cases pose as religious leaders.

Posted by: SAYTHETRUHT | Nov 13, 2013 7:48:40 PM

7. while I'm never keen on the latest hateful rant just because... reporting them DOES help us in that SANE people get to read what is said and realize that it's not their view.

Posted by: fanboi | Nov 13, 2013 8:26:16 PM

8. #unlessuwrotetheblogitsnotyourcall

Posted by: fanboi | Nov 13, 2013 8:27:08 PM

9. Love your misguided parents by leading them away from the evils of christianity...

Posted by: Robert M. | Nov 13, 2013 9:10:50 PM

10. I would kill this man if ever in front of me. Then lick my fingers and look up at the stars and sigh ....

Posted by: Poe | Nov 13, 2013 9:20:26 PM

11. Hmmm, what do y'all think? Should Towleroad post fewer updates on Fischer's rantings? It seems as though there's an article on him every other day here.

Posted by: Benjamin22b | Nov 14, 2013 4:49:31 AM

12. I agree with DAVID

Does the site get more bucks from number of comments?

Posted by: L Goethe | Nov 14, 2013 5:00:13 AM

13. my parents are just like this idiot. they always say they love me, then there is a big BUT that follows. I haven't spoken to them in years and probably never will again. christians love god but fear him too. that is what love is for them. love, fear and pain all rolled into one.

Posted by: Chadd | Nov 14, 2013 6:59:05 AM

14. Is there anyone like this in Europe?

Posted by: Poe | Nov 14, 2013 7:08:58 AM

15. It's like the novel 1984. Hate is love.

Posted by: Jack M | Nov 14, 2013 7:58:43 AM

16. Ahhh love. It's a shame we have to hear about the kind Bry Bry received when he was a child.

Posted by: Hey Darlin' | Nov 14, 2013 8:21:59 AM

17. There is in Finland and they are in Parliament Timo Soini and his Perussuomalaiset and Dr Räsänen of the Christian Democratic Party. Parliament will take on gay marriage next year and it will be a fight.

Posted by: Mark | Nov 14, 2013 8:46:56 AM

18. It all should be posted..keep your enemies closer...I know that sine we have more rights now that a lot of us want to acclimate...but it is far from over..and you need to know what the bigots say..because they have followers..and the followers listen..the Sarah palins..the Michelle bachmans ...etc..and to bury your head in the sand or to discount the Bryan fishers....is a big mistake..
    We as gay people need to realize that all of this is far from over..anything can change..

Posted by: Mnrocky | Nov 14, 2013 9:30:52 AM

19. ...What I get from this is he needs to look up the word "unconditional" or "unconditionally"....To tell your child to make "better choices" about your sexuality is NOT unconditional? Sorry, bub, you just galvanize what most haters believe. He is saying that there is a HUGE STRING attached to his "love" of a child. It is about control, nothing more. The root of all religions to my knowledge are root-based in "control" He needs to control his own impulses but then again the donation $$' will dry up, won't they? Sad character

Posted by: thom | Nov 14, 2013 10:13:13 AM

20. He's not going to change any time soon. He needs to self-reinforce his beliefs in order to keep unwanted thoughts out of his head.

Posted by: anon | Nov 14, 2013 10:26:08 AM