Military | News | Oklahoma | Stephen Colbert

BigGayDeal.com

Stephen Colbert Takes Down Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin's Stupid Anti-Gay Military Policy: VIDEO

Oklahoma_colbert

This week Oklahoma Governor Mary Fallin announced that the state's National Guard would deny spousal benefits to all couples in order to avoid serving gay couples.

In a segment last night, Stephen Colbert brilliantly took down that dumb and bigoted policy.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Said Colbert:

Calendar"Governor Fallin is setting a great precedent here....Because once a gay person gets something, it gets their gay all over it. That's why I think we should shut down the fire department. If I find out that firefighters also rescue gay people, suddenly it'll seem gay for me to have their calendar.

And... what about schools. I've heard that some of these newfangled gays also have kids that go to school. They're learning the same math as my kids, all so they can go home and count the number of mommies they have.

And folks we wouldn't even have this problem if gays weren't allowed in the military. So no one should be allowed in the military. I say we let those drones do all the work. They're still months away from developing a sexual preference...

Governor Fallin, I heard that gay people in Oklahoma enjoy the scent of your state flower the Oklahoma Rose just as much as straight people do. So you should order everyone in your state to cut off their noses to spite the gays. Cause you're kind of doing it already.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

The Colbert Report
Get More: Colbert Report Full Episodes,Video Archive

Comments

1. He is so funny. His bit against Fallin is perfect.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Nov 22, 2013 11:27:16 AM

2. The last bit about the state flower was spot on.

Posted by: Gregory In Seattle | Nov 22, 2013 11:39:55 AM

3. The "Oklahoma Rose" is the mistletoe, a poisonous parasite.

Posted by: BZ | Nov 22, 2013 11:47:57 AM

4. @BZ - Nope: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_Rose

Posted by: Gregory In Seattle | Nov 22, 2013 11:56:06 AM

5. Smoeone makes Rick Perry look good? Love it!

Posted by: Mitch | Nov 22, 2013 12:11:47 PM

6. Satire at its best. Colbert and his writers are brilliant.

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Nov 22, 2013 12:14:04 PM

7. Wonderful State, sort of like Arkansas - both beautiful, except for some of the people. They ugly up the place something fierce.

Posted by: YSOSERIOUS | Nov 22, 2013 1:17:31 PM

8. I'm originally from Arkansas and couldn't agree more

Posted by: Jerry | Nov 22, 2013 1:22:39 PM

9. i don't even like flying over oklahoma let alone drive through it. and i had to live in tulsa for 3 long years. loser state.

Posted by: ascanius1 | Nov 22, 2013 2:44:29 PM

10. Oklahoma has always been fascist. In the 60s
    the Tulsa police closed down a cafe near the university for promoting communist meetings(the drama dept doing Shakespeare)and if you went to an Art Gallery opening or related party the police took down your license plate number. A local coffee house was shut because the patrons sat on the floor and read something called poetry....Still like that almost...

Posted by: Hampton | Nov 22, 2013 3:01:45 PM

11. The only thing he missed is that Gov. Fallin is a divorced woman, just like her god wants her to be, apparently. Or is she a candidate for a stoning? I can never keep that straight.

Posted by: oncemorewithfeeling | Nov 22, 2013 3:39:41 PM

12. She isn't just divorced. She is divorced because had an affair with her bodyguard.

Posted by: Steve | Nov 22, 2013 3:57:46 PM

13. "I'm just gonna say it. Mark, are you gay? Cuz, we never see you with a girlfriend and you brought quinoa."

The lulz. Oh, man. The LULZ!!!

Posted by: FFS | Nov 23, 2013 2:33:26 AM

14. I'm from Arkansas and I'm proud to say that we kept the Republican menace from controlling our state until last year. Arkansas was finally making such great progress and now it's about to start going backward like every other Southern state. So sad to see.

I'll admit that I left for greener pastures but frankly, why stay and fight when I can move ahead 30 years simply by moving outside of the South?

Posted by: Jason Young | Nov 23, 2013 6:31:04 AM