Donald Trump | News | Thomas Roberts

BigGayDeal.com

Donald Trump Still Opposed to Same-Sex Marriage, Claims to Be 'Evolving': VIDEO

Trump

Miss Universe host and MSNBC anchor Thomas Roberts spoke to Donald Trump in an interview conducted prior to the Miss Universe pageant on Saturday, asking Trump why he chose to go to Moscow for the pageant.

Said Trump:

"When we did it we didn't know this was such a controversy. Perhaps we should have known but we didn't. And after we signed it became quite controversial....As you also know, we have a lot of gay people who work at Miss Universe, and we spoke to them, we said, ‘What do you think?’ And they said, ‘We want to go. We want to show our stuff.’ And I like that attitude.'"

Roberts also asked Trump about his views on marriage equality, which have not changed:

"Well, I think I’m evolving, and I think I’m a very fair person, but I have been for traditional marriage....I am for traditional marriage. I am for a marriage between a man and a woman. I've been that for, that's the way...can it change? I don't know. But my stance right now is traditional marriage."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. "Traditional Marriage" should not equal A FEW for you but NONE for others, Mr. Trump.

Posted by: Larry | Nov 11, 2013 7:28:14 PM

2. That thing on his head looks like it may be evolving into a lemur or something.

Posted by: Nick | Nov 11, 2013 7:29:48 PM

3. I wouldn't care if The Donald e-volves, de-volves, in-volves...as long as he sits on it and re-volves...at supersonic speed!!!

Posted by: Geoff | Nov 11, 2013 7:29:59 PM

4. Donald is for traditional marriage and traditional divorce when the wife gets wrinkles.

Posted by: Chickletts | Nov 11, 2013 7:30:44 PM

5. Why do people continue asking an idiot for an idiot's opinion?

Get some self-esteem, already! WTF do any of us care what this buffoon has to say?!

Posted by: Pete N SFO | Nov 11, 2013 8:05:12 PM

6. Yeah, well I'm still opposed to that comb over.

Posted by: Ankerich | Nov 11, 2013 8:08:20 PM

7. No one gives a whoop about what Donald Trump thinks. The man is a true conservative idiot.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Nov 11, 2013 8:25:56 PM

8. Well now you've angered me even more because the stupid interview was conducted by none other than gay traitor Thomas Roberts. I will NEVER watch MSNBC again. Ever.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Nov 11, 2013 8:29:15 PM

9. Perhaps it's a good thing he hasn't evolved.

I think most people know he's a buffoon and don't see him as any kind of role model to follow.

Posted by: Fox | Nov 11, 2013 8:43:28 PM

10. Here's a simple reason DonTru and all the allegedly fiscal Repubs should technically be pro-gay marriage:

It's good for business. Period. To them that's all that matters, right??

Gay marriage is an estimated SEVEN BILLION DOLLAR economic boon. IF you're anti-gay marriage, you're also anti $7 billion dollar income. Now that's not very Republican is it??

Posted by: pickles | Nov 11, 2013 8:44:56 PM

11. Who cares.

Posted by: Mark | Nov 11, 2013 8:59:29 PM

12. Which number wife is he on in his traditional marriage-go-round?

Posted by: joel | Nov 11, 2013 9:07:59 PM

13. Trump is evolving from Cro-Magnon to Neanderthal.

Posted by: Richard | Nov 11, 2013 9:21:46 PM

14. Are we seriously caring about what a twice divorced philanderer thinks about marriage? REALLY?

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Nov 11, 2013 9:25:49 PM

15. "I think I'm evolving" -- then he proceeds to explain how he hasn't evolved.

Posted by: will | Nov 11, 2013 9:31:48 PM

16. Evolving or devolving?

Posted by: john patrick | Nov 11, 2013 9:35:25 PM

17. What a turd.

Posted by: matt | Nov 11, 2013 9:50:47 PM

18. "We have a lot of gay people who work at Miss Universe and we spoke to them.."and they said we want to go." ... The conversation likely went something like "you want to keep your job or not"?

Posted by: Grego | Nov 11, 2013 9:59:44 PM

19. Why is Andy Towle giving so much publicity to Thomas Roberts and Donald Trump? All these non-critical puff pieces from Andy suggest a level of immaturity or manpulative intent.

Posted by: ASam | Nov 11, 2013 10:09:58 PM

20. The missing link has to have his semi-annual obligatory with a NBC/Universal hack-his show is going to return to the network soon -so the dog and pony show has to be trotted out one more time so that the "entitled one" can educate all of us with his pearls of wisdom.
    Orangutan (apologies to the real orangutans) man is hypocrite, liar and shameless self-promoter. His opinion about anything is meaningless.

Posted by: tom | Nov 11, 2013 11:46:57 PM

21. Why does anyone care what he thinks ? He's a nobody. Hideous Donald Trump and his hideous offspring have no impact on my life. They are totally irrelevant & so are their right wing extremist views.

Posted by: Icebloo | Nov 12, 2013 12:23:18 AM

22. How is that evolving, and why would we care?

The only notable thing about this is that Trump's gay puppet, Thomas Roberts, is basically doing an infomercial for his anti-gay boss, the same anti-gay boss who's paying for and controlling Roberts's Russian adventure.

Posted by: Ernie | Nov 12, 2013 3:50:54 AM

23. Maybe one day he'll catch up to Obama

Posted by: rick | Nov 12, 2013 4:24:34 AM

24. who cares what he says... lets not give him any more publisity

Posted by: Don | Nov 12, 2013 5:01:17 AM

25. Thomas Roberts really is a wretched scumbag traitor to his community.

Posted by: MaryM | Nov 12, 2013 7:19:25 AM