James Franco | News | Selfie | Shirtless

BigGayDeal.com

James Franco Posts Shirtless Selfie

Shirtless_franco

Writes Franco on Instagram: "All the kids are doing it".

Comments

1. He's a nice-looking guy but could do with a bit of hair on his chest. In any case, I like how he doesn't allow others to put him into a box.

Posted by: jimbryant | Nov 18, 2013 8:28:43 AM

2. I hopw he stops stealing gay parts from gay actors.

We are constantly told that gay actors can't come out as it will cost them roles.

Yet straight guys like France steal the only roles a gay actor can openly play.

James Franco is part of the problem of homophobia in Hollywood.

Posted by: MaryM | Nov 18, 2013 8:34:24 AM

3. It's nice to see a Hollywood guy with his 'no make-up' face on. Makes you realize that so much of it is lighting and slap.

Posted by: Chaz | Nov 18, 2013 8:35:29 AM

4. I started reading Towleroad for news...not skin and gossip. I hate to say it, but I think I'm about over this site.

Posted by: Charles Nicolosi | Nov 18, 2013 8:36:00 AM

5. Maryn,

Most openly gay men are very poor actors. That is because they feel the need to act like an effeminate stereotype. They are also told by the executives to act effeminate because it brings in the laughs.

Posted by: jimbryant | Nov 18, 2013 8:40:04 AM

6. I think his "no makeup" face is even hotter.

Posted by: Ken | Nov 18, 2013 8:42:11 AM

7. So since he's straight (?) who are his girlfriends? I read the Daily Mail Online all the time and never see him linked with any women.

Posted by: Perry | Nov 18, 2013 8:50:03 AM

8. Bitchy . . . Bitchy . . . Bitchy . . .
    It is amazing how many bitchy queens that there are! You apparently have not heard of "If you can not say ANYTHING nice, then do not say anything at all! [sigh]

Posted by: Mike | Nov 18, 2013 8:51:50 AM

9. Mike kind of lost your point by insulting everbody! way to go! But I love James franco :)he is an awesome actor!

Posted by: Alias | Nov 18, 2013 8:59:35 AM

10. @Marym are you serious?! You are blaming James Franco for Hollywood's homophobia? Seriously? He is one of the most accepting allies we have in Hollywood (not to mention a phenomenal actor).

Did you maybe think he is getting gay roles because his talent as an actor allows him to portray multi-faceted characters that don't necessarily reflect his own personality? Oh no… I guess he's maliciously "stealing" the homos' acting gigs.

Grow up.

Posted by: Kronennj | Nov 18, 2013 9:00:23 AM

11. Looks like Jimmy could spend a little more time on the pec deck but otherwise he's a very decent example of homo sapiens. As for T'road's balance, I like having a little news, a little eye candy, a little well-founded rumor. At least it's not all chick chat like Today and GMA.

Posted by: Onnyjay | Nov 18, 2013 9:16:20 AM

12. He looked very hot in As I Lay Dying.

Posted by: Jack M | Nov 18, 2013 9:19:41 AM

13. I LIKE HIM!
    Sexy you bet. And his intelligence goes without saying. James Franco is an EXCELLENT actor and that he is a strong supporter of gay rights also is self evident. Does he have "bedhead" ? Of course, but which of us does not look much worse when we get up? Maybe he gets gay roles from gay actors because he CAN act and has proven his talent again and again. Does it somehow empower you to put him down? Shame on you . . .

Posted by: Mike | Nov 18, 2013 9:26:38 AM

14. Nope.

Posted by: Francis | Nov 18, 2013 9:28:19 AM

15. @ALIAS Do you feel personally "insulted" for the less then positive comments or did I touch a nerve when I said "bitchy queen"? GOOD!

Posted by: Mike | Nov 18, 2013 9:49:34 AM

16. Love me some James Franco.....he made a good Wizard in OZ too....he's a friend of LGBT people

Posted by: disgusted american | Nov 18, 2013 9:50:06 AM

17. I like this site for the news..the skin..the gossip..when did the gays stop liking skin? When we started getting more rights?? Are we supposed to acclimate now into the str8 world?? Jeez..
    I think I preferred the 'alternative' life style..at least I could be honest about myself..

Posted by: rocko | Nov 18, 2013 10:04:49 AM

18. is that really him? i love james franco but for some reason this picture looks a little different.

Posted by: m | Nov 18, 2013 10:06:06 AM

19. oh and as far as the Francos....I would put $$ that they are a lot of fun in the sack! Plus I just think they are a lot of fun!

Posted by: rocko | Nov 18, 2013 10:06:22 AM

20. So JimBryant from Queerty hates women and Gay men because he is bisexual not Gay LOL

Posted by: Kelly | Nov 18, 2013 10:13:33 AM

21. I always jokingly ask on his Google+ page, whenever he posts, whether or not he banged Jay Baruchel whenever they're in the same movie or working on the same project.

So, James, did you just bang Jay Baruchel when you took the selfie? ;)~

Posted by: FreeRangeRadical | Nov 18, 2013 10:20:08 AM

22. He looks very fine.
    About this site, news, politics and men, a mixture as it is, is also fine.

Posted by: Matt27 | Nov 18, 2013 10:23:23 AM

23. He's a cool person very handsome and a friend to the LGBT community, only wish he had smiled in the photo, would brighten up the pic 100 fold.

Posted by: Justin | Nov 18, 2013 10:29:11 AM

24. Rocko, there have always been a few queens on here, who are squeamish and uptight. Ignore them. Most of us like the change of pace and seeing skin from time to time.

Posted by: Francis | Nov 18, 2013 10:32:05 AM

25. He looks kinda ordinary and like he hasn't been at the gym much. Which I find sexy.

Franco is the "problem of homophobia" in your mind.

Posted by: Ernie | Nov 18, 2013 10:53:58 AM