Gay Adoption

BigGayDeal.com

Gay Couple Waits for 'The Call' in Powerful New Video About LGBT Adoption Rights: WATCH

Screen Shot 2013-11-11 at 4.38.50 PM

A powerful video on the importance of breaking down the barriers that many LGBT couples face on the path to becoming adoptive parents.

There are currently 400,000 young people in foster care waiting for a home and only 19 states and D.C. permit same-sex couples to jointly adopt. Additionally, only 6 states explicitly ban discrimination based on sexual orientation in foster care adoption.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. thats cute

Posted by: Reality | Nov 11, 2013 9:15:47 PM

2. If that doesn't bring tears to your eyes then you have no heart.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Nov 11, 2013 9:32:01 PM

3. I tried the link twice and it didn't work.

Posted by: emjayay | Nov 12, 2013 12:29:32 AM

4. I laughed, I sighed, I cried. Well done indeed.

Posted by: queenrosered | Nov 12, 2013 5:49:46 AM

5. That's cute.

But children are hideous.

I'd like to take a moment to thank evolution (not 'god' because that's fake) for allowing same sex couples little chance of spawning unless they make a deliberate effort to do so.

Childlessness is a wonderful thing.

And in a world with massive overpopulation more childless people, and access to instant abortion on demand is the future.

Posted by: MaryM | Nov 12, 2013 7:17:27 AM

6. here come the waterworks.

Posted by: steve | Nov 12, 2013 9:46:29 AM

7. I wish I had two gay dads.

Posted by: perry | Nov 12, 2013 12:17:01 PM

8. I like the video. Was it just me or did it seems like everything in the house including the clothing of the couple was color and texture coordinated with the feel of a nice plush marina wool sweater?

Posted by: endorita | Nov 12, 2013 2:22:45 PM

9. Okay...I got a little misty eyed on that one. Well done indeed!

Posted by: GLAW2014 | Nov 12, 2013 5:08:04 PM

10. I'll admit, I teared up a little. OK, a lot. I was there with my sister and her partner when they got the official letter telling them their adoption was final. After years of hope and an empty (and quite nice) nursery that they kept up for months and years out of pure hope. And the adoption, that had to go through months of legal process, giving the birth parents every possible chance to change their minds. They didn't.

Now, I have the coolest nephew in the entire universe. And am so glad I was able to be there for that moment, one not unlike this video. Jeez, I'm tearing up just writing this! Very nice video - thanks for sharing! Here's hoping more kids can find happiness in a loving home!

Posted by: KC | Nov 12, 2013 6:04:45 PM