Chozen | Film and TV | News

BigGayDeal.com

New FX Animated Series 'Chozen' Centers Around a Gay, White Rapper's Quest for Redemption: VIDEO

Chozen

FX is looking to grab some laughs while breaking down stereotypes of what it means to be a gay character on television with its new animated comedy Chozen about a gay, white rapper fresh out of prison.

Screen Shot 2013-11-14 at 3.45.11 PMFrom the show's official site:

Armed with a new message and a new world view shaped by his time in prison, Chozen is on a quest for redemption and to claim his rightful position as the world's top rap artist. His music and lyrics take aim at the stereotypes of machismo and misogyny that are synonymous with rap music.

The show premieres January 13th on the newly-launched FXX channel and features the voices of Bobby Moynihan, Hannibal Buress, Michael Pena, Nick Swardson, Kathryn Hahn, and Method Man.

Check out the trailer (warning: work-unfriendly content), AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Cool! Hopefully they throw a role to Cazwell, Big Dipper and Jonny Mcgovern, that would be awesome!

Posted by: cdubois | Nov 14, 2013 10:09:26 PM

2. Haha, some more garbage I won't be watching ever.

Posted by: Kev C | Nov 14, 2013 11:27:36 PM

3. Cakes da Killa & Mykki Blanco have to make appearances!

Posted by: Bear Aspirin | Nov 15, 2013 12:42:36 AM

4. I have to give FX/FXX a lot of credit for this one. It's definitely a risk and out of the box.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Nov 15, 2013 1:06:24 AM

5. I'm actually not too sure how much of a risk this is, it'll fit in really well with their existing programming and judging by this trailer will definitely appeal to FXX's demographic.

Cameos by some gay rappers would be awesome, Cazwell does seem like an exceptionally good fit for this.

Posted by: JMC | Nov 15, 2013 1:41:53 AM

6. YES!

Posted by: Marc | Nov 15, 2013 2:20:52 AM

7. Talk about a distopian future.

Posted by: UFFDA | Nov 15, 2013 5:37:42 AM

8. I wonder if this white gay rapper is Eminem. There are rumors about him.

In any case, isn't it funny how we can only get air-time in cartoons when it comes to the music industry? In reality, the music industry is extremely homophobic to men - in fact, not one act in the ITunes top 1000 chart is an openly gay or bisexual man.

It's like looking at a chart compiled by the conservative Christian coalition.

Posted by: jimbryant | Nov 15, 2013 7:32:42 AM

9. Haha. I had not even seen this when I posted my thoughts on the new HBO drama. Careful what you wish for!

Posted by: EchtKultig | Nov 15, 2013 8:43:50 AM

10. I can't wait for this show. Frisky Dingo, Sealab 2021 and Archer are all some of the best examples of American television and cartoons in general. I can't wait for their teams to tackle a main gay character.

Also Bobby Moynihan needs to break out, he is fantastic.

Posted by: Fenrox | Nov 15, 2013 9:10:01 AM

11. Can't believe there are 10 comments about this nonsense.

Posted by: johnny | Nov 15, 2013 9:46:57 AM

12. Like Johnny, I can't believe there are 10 comments on this. More importantly, when did Towleroad become a site that simply regurgitates press releases, promos, and commercials? I enjoy entertainment news on TR generally, but, for god's sake, make an effort to say something articulate about it.

Posted by: Mark | Nov 15, 2013 10:24:58 AM

13. Dead people have sex LOL- yeah it's another trashy FX show.

Posted by: jarago | Nov 15, 2013 5:56:47 PM

14. Glad someone has got to balls to make a animated show with a gay character. I hope I get to see it. Big props to FX TV. I love animated shows and this looks like it would be a blast.

Posted by: rezato | Nov 26, 2013 3:20:39 PM