Brendon Urie | I'm Gay | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

Panic! At The Disco Singer Brendon Urie Is A Little Bit Gay: VIDEO

Urie

Brendon Urie, frontman for the band Panic! at The Disco, recently revealed to PrideSource that he's "dabbled" in bisexuality, having had relationships with both men and women:

Gay rumors about you have been circulating since the beginning of your career. And last year you tweeted, "Everyone's a little gay." Do you truly believe that for yourself and for other people?

Oh yeah, definitely. It's natural. I find myself being attracted to dudes all the time. I'm like, "Wow, that's a beautiful man." There's no shame in it; that's how I feel. To stifle that would probably bring on stress and probably make somebody homophobic.

How do you label yourself sexually, then?

I guess if I had to classify myself, I'd say I'm straight. But I have, in the past, experimented in other realms of homosexuality and bisexuality. Overall I'm more attracted to women. Like with my wife, I'm just so insanely in love and attracted to my wife that I go, "Well, OK, my love of musicals can't trump that I love pussy." (Laughs)

A straight dabbler?

Yeah, sure. It's fun to dabble!

Panic! at The Disco has also released a music video for their new single "Girls/Girls/Boys," a bisexual anthem of sorts, that features Urie paying homage to D'Angelo's famous "Untitled (How Does it Feel)" video that showcased an almost entirely naked D'Angelo and not much else.

Check out Urie baring (almost) all AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. "Straight", "loves pussy" and "finds himself attracted to dudes all the time." Hmmm - can we find a new definition of the word "straight?"

Posted by: Bill | Nov 8, 2013 8:41:22 AM

2. "Straight", "loves pussy" and "finds himself attracted to dudes all the time." Hmmm - can we find a new definition of the word "straight?"

Posted by: Bill | Nov 8, 2013 8:41:22 AM

3. While I appreciate Bredon Urie's honesty on his sexuality, you've got to remember that it is not something that music industry execs advise men to do.

The music industry only accepts bisexual WOMEN as far as marketing is concerned. This is why, in recent years, we've seen a huge explosion of female pop acts who use insinuations of lesbianism to market themselves. Britney, Lady Gaga, Madonna, Rihanna, Katy Perry, Christina Aguilera...it's an incredibly long list. Bisexual male pop acts are nowhere to be seen, or are hidden away.

Posted by: jimbryant | Nov 8, 2013 8:44:46 AM

4. See how he quickly went back in the closet in the end of interview and need to prove he's a "real man" with all that pussy-talk. Such "open minded" people really disgust me!

Posted by: litper | Nov 8, 2013 8:50:02 AM

5. And he performed in Russia too!! Shame on him!!

Posted by: Ankerich | Nov 8, 2013 8:55:40 AM

6. Damage control in 3...2...1...

Posted by: Talisman | Nov 8, 2013 8:58:14 AM

7. Oh, please, stop the drama. That's nothing new, Brendon Urie (like Pete Wenz) are members of alternative rock bands.
    There's absolutely nothing to fear from fans reaction, everybody knew he was bicurious at least.
    A lot of members of bands of that type (i remember a guitarrist of Vampire Weekend) are out of the closet and their fans couldn't care less.

He is not a member of a boyband or a pop singer, or even worse an R&B singer, in that case the PR work will start inmediately, but that's not the case

Posted by: jjose712 | Nov 8, 2013 9:34:48 AM

8. Yippee! Bully for him! I've dated guys that are "bicurious" like this. They'll date you for a while, then realize that they either don't have the balls to come out to their parents or are just using you to prove their open-mindedness, then go back to dating women. Not a fan, and the reason I no longer consider bisexuals in my dating pool (sorry, actual bisexuals, but guys like Brandon are ruining your reputation for you!)

Posted by: Gay Panic! At The Disco | Nov 8, 2013 10:18:14 AM

9. @JJose
    Pete Wentz's admission was much worse than this with his "nothing below the waist" bisexuality. Well that and his marriage to Ashley Simpson killed their career and FOB are at least smart business men to get a second chance.

Now if Gerard Way came out, that would be something to talk about.

Posted by: Sam | Nov 8, 2013 10:20:47 AM

10. Well, I am of two minds about this.

First of all, there are men that are genuinely bisexual and that like girls more than guys, but still like to "do" a guy occasionally, so to be hostile to them simply because their sexuality is not as cut-and-dried as yours is is pretty ridiculous.

That said, I have also experienced what GAY PANIC IN THE DISCO described in his commet above--guys that toy with you and don't give a relationship with you a chance, despite their sexual attraction to you.....and go back to women, not because they really prefer women but because they can't deal with the idea of a relationship with a man.....and it is made even worse when they demonstrate "oh-so-liberal" attitudes towards "gays" in an attempt to separate themselves from you.

Posted by: Rick | Nov 8, 2013 11:41:39 AM

11. These "open minded" freaks just parasitize on gay rights achievements while not willing to be that "filthy homo"

Posted by: litper | Nov 8, 2013 11:46:00 AM

12. Rick occasionally seems like he'll have made sense, but then he goes to one if his usual crazy ideas,, like how liberals are bad despite the fact that they've been responsible for almost all positive societal and legal changes with regards to the LGBT community. And then he follows it with another comment under one of his other aliases, in this case Litper. Predictable troll is predictable. We see you, Rick. We known you're full of it.

Posted by: Tyler | Nov 8, 2013 12:26:18 PM

13. @talisman. doubtful

Posted by: jaker | Nov 8, 2013 12:38:49 PM

14. Tyler, again, it's me and I say what I say... you're really paranoid!

Posted by: litper | Nov 8, 2013 12:42:10 PM

15. I love when someone matter-of-factly states a simple truth that 95% of people living today are too stupid to grasp.

Rick, you and LITPER could put both of your minds together and still come up short of a whole.

Posted by: FFS | Nov 8, 2013 7:36:34 PM

16. @ffs
    If they managed a whole, there would still be too many synaptic snafus for it to be functional for either one of them! (o:
    OnT: gay or straight, their music still sucks! Jmo...:p

Posted by: cyndi | Nov 8, 2013 8:31:50 PM

17. D'Angelo did it better. #noshade

Posted by: Dre | Nov 9, 2013 3:37:55 PM

18. @ Gay Panic! At The Disco: You are too correct; bisexual men at a young age are not worth the trouble and I've steered clear of any guy who is unsure of who he is attracted to, especially when it can flip-flop to the opposite sex. #NOTWORTHMYTIME

Posted by: Drew | Nov 10, 2013 7:30:59 PM

19. He can't sing and the music is atrocious.

Posted by: Calcium | Nov 11, 2013 8:28:01 PM

20. Saw his wedding pictures and they're smashing. His wife is gorgeous and has great taste in shoes. Whatever his sexuality, I hope he's happy for a long time! http://greenweddingshoes.com/glamorous-malibu-wedding-sarah-brendon/

Posted by: Steve | Dec 24, 2013 1:21:31 PM