Comments

1. Grant says

I’m all for the right to be who you are and wear whatever you want but the country is still very far behind.
    Some common sense is required..that goes for guys,girls anyone not just these three guys.. being aware that if you push it too far some individuals will push back just because they can. And as awful as it might sound ..I am generalizing ..not saying these guys are.. I know very often gay guys push it too far because they have a thought of “QUEER GET USED TO IT”..the country is not there yet..keep your head and avoid moments that instigate problems

2. Fenrox says

Grant is being ham handed but there is some merit there. Portland is not a safe city, it is QUITE violent. I for instance, don’t know any unarmed Portland women, they all have knives or pepper spray or guns.

People think it’s all hipsters and wacky fun but there is a huge and strong redneck community in that state and they are constantly rankled.

So while they deserve no blame for wanting to be free and proud to walk down the damn street, I hope they now gain a little insight on urban self-preservation.

Stay defiant and safe!

3. Tristram says

Get lost GRANT. If everyone came out of the closet tomorrow, we wouldn’t have these problems. It’s the ‘stay hidden’ and ‘don’t make waves’ mentality that allows the majority of gay people in the world to continue suffering.

There should be a law to allow gay men to use whatever force necessary to defend themselves from homophobic attack.

4. UFFDA says

That’s it boys, just skip through the beast-filled jungle giggling and shreiking with your high heels and flashing dresses and see what happens, then crybaby run your way to the big policemen when it does. You should be slapped for being stupid, not interviewed for it.

5. JackFknTwist says

Costumes are never provocative……costumes are costumes.

It’s the attacking Neanderthals who are the deviant hate filled aggressive kun*s.

Some of these comments are of the type; ‘she dressed provocatively and deserved what she got.’
    No one would say that about women so cut out the blame-the-victim sh1te .

6. NotSafeForWork says

I’ll say it again, if you don’t know how to, or think you won’t be able to, defend yourself…learn those skills now! Good for them to use high heels as defense weapons. It’s OK to fight dirty- your life depends on it!

It doesn’t matter if you are the butchest drag queen or nelliest big bear, or anything in between, you don’t deserve to be beaten for being who you are.

Learn how to protect yourself! Fight Back!

7. Dave says

The assault may have been anti-gay, but so was their dressing in drag. Gay men are men, not women and not crossdressers. By dressing up as women, they were sending a homophobic message. So they have something in common with the people who attacked them.

8. Derrick from Philly says

@ “Gay men are men, not women and not crossdressers. By dressing up as women, they were sending a homophobic message.”

So, you carry a flask with you to work too. I’m not the only one.

9. JackNJ says

Gay guys who do drag have self-esteem issues and issues with internalized homophobia. They didn’t deserve to be hit, but they need to look at themselves and ask why they think they need to dress up like women.

10. UFFDA says

No, I just hate effeminate gays who dress up like girls because I’m an internet troll with no testicles and I hate seeing guys that I hate who have bigger balls than me.

11. Randy says

The attackers no doubt went to their fundamentalist church that sunday to praise their jesus that they had the courage to defend their bible based homophobia.