Basketball | Chick-fil-A | News | Orlando

The Orlando Magic are Giving Away Free Chick-fil-A All Season

The Orlando Magic have teamed up with Chick-Fil-A for their Hot Shot Promotion:

MagicMagic fans will be able to enjoy Chick-fil-A® for free with the help of the Orlando Magic during the 2013-14 NBA season with the Chick-fil-A Hot Shot Promotion. The Magic are partnering with Chick-fil-A to offer a free spicy chicken sandwich to any Magic fan in attendance at any home game in which the Magic hit five or more 3-pointers. To redeem their free sandwhich, fans can take their ticket stub or seat locator stub/sheet into any participating Central Florida Chick-fil-A location the day after the team hits the mark.

Enjoy the taste of hate chik-in with every 3-pointer.

Chick-fil-A and its WinShape foundation have not stopped giving to anti-gay causes.

Comments

1. Piss on Orlando (I'm a Spurs fan :-p )

Posted by: Avenger280 | Nov 22, 2013 8:17:11 AM

2. I don't mind eating Hate-Fil-A if it's free. That takes money away from the company. Anyway, I have eaten there twice and tried nearly everything on their short menu. Nothing was all that special except for the CFA sauce packets. How do you deep fry everything and nothing is crispy?

Posted by: Richard | Nov 22, 2013 8:19:01 AM

3. The Magic are owned by the VERY conservative/religious DeVos family of Grand Rapids, MI, who made all their money through Amway. That they would affiliate with a conservative fast food chain is hardly surprising.

Posted by: Lars | Nov 22, 2013 8:23:47 AM

4. Richard, it doesn't take money away from the company! What world do you live in? Just because you are not paying for it, does not mean that no one is.

Posted by: Chris | Nov 22, 2013 8:31:07 AM

5. @chris Everyday people from grand rapids are horrible... I can only imagine this family!

Posted by: Carmelo | Nov 22, 2013 8:32:31 AM

6. Flori-duh. Operates in its own space/time continuum.. . apart from any reality on this Earth. No surprise at all.

Posted by: Geoff | Nov 22, 2013 8:56:51 AM

7. @Richard: When they do a tie-in promotion like this, it essentially means that a portion of what you pay for your ticket is hoing to go to Chik-Fil-A (and Dan Cathy and WinShape and organizations that promote the dehumanization of gay people.

If Chik-Fil-A were to give me and sandwich that is TRULY free, without my handing over money for something like a ticket, then I would take it (even if the sandwich ended up in the next garbage can).

What you say kind of makes sense AFTER THE FACT, if you've already bought a ticket not knowing what was going on with the money. I mean, by then Dan Cathy flready has your money so you might as well get the sandeich you already paid for. We should not be supporting the Orlando Magic now that this is out.

Posted by: GregV | Nov 22, 2013 10:24:22 AM

8. P.S. I hate that I make so many typos on my tiny smartphone. I always see them as soon as I press "POST" and the screen changes colors and the whole comment is visible. But then there's no way to edit.

Posted by: GregV | Nov 22, 2013 10:30:10 AM

9. Most people who eat at Chik-Fil-A are fat, poor, have poor taste, or all three. They'll die off faster as a result of eating there. Let them.

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 22, 2013 10:50:12 AM

10. Would you like fries with that bigotry?

Posted by: Louis | Nov 22, 2013 11:05:25 AM

11. The Angels once had a promotion with Hooters, if they score ten or more runs ticket holders get a dozen free wings. Turns out most people were collecting by ordering their free wings and water then not even leaving a tip. The promotion is to get people there to order more than the free wings. Miserable failure. The local Hooters franchises took a huge loss. Hope the same happens to CFA.

Posted by: Craig | Nov 22, 2013 12:24:56 PM

12. all LGBT supporters that are at such a game should go to Chik-feel-yay , get their sandwich and throw it on the sidewalk in front of the establishment .. thus signifying that the sandwich, and the attitude of Chik fil a , are garbage.

Posted by: gordon | Nov 22, 2013 2:59:30 PM

13. As a big NBA fan, this is quite embarrassing. I wish NBA stood for "No Bigots Allowed" instead of associating with a company known to hate us....

I also don't understand why there is a Chick-Fil-Hate at the CNN main building in Atlanta. Doesn't CNN have any standards, either?

Posted by: TonyJazz | Nov 22, 2013 7:01:41 PM

14. Load up a bus full of muscle Marys in Wilton Manors, drive up to Orlando and picket. Scare the crap outta the fundies.

Posted by: FFS | Nov 23, 2013 3:02:15 AM

15. The Orlando Magic is a notoriously homophobic team and I am not surprised they would do something like this. They surely know their fan base. I stopped watching the NBA long ago so I could care less.

Posted by: jamal49 | Nov 23, 2013 12:29:07 PM