Trailer | Video

BigGayDeal.com

What Happens When Two Tops Get Together? — VIDEO

Squared

A lot of silly misunderstandings, challenges of preconceived notions, awkward pronunciations of the word "Asian", and a wrestling match for stakes.

The trailer for Hieu Tran's Squared can be seen AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. When two bottoms get together, they'll eventually figure something out. When two tops get together, all they'll swap is recipes.

Posted by: Gregory in Seattle | Nov 7, 2013 9:16:06 PM

2. Considering how most tops disrespect bottoms, maybe they should get together more often.

Posted by: Jones | Nov 7, 2013 9:18:31 PM

3. I've also noticed a sense of "I'm better than them" when it comes to SOME tops I've interacted with. It's sad as these are often the same men who feel our trans brothers and sisters, and fem gays, and butch lesbians are less than. Get over the hang ups and enjoy sex!

Posted by: Marvin | Nov 7, 2013 9:19:46 PM

4. Do we really need these tacky items on towleroad? The site is being dumbed down.

Posted by: ASam | Nov 7, 2013 9:25:53 PM

5. I happen to be strictly a top, and I LOVE bottoms!

Posted by: Twitdude | Nov 7, 2013 9:27:03 PM

6. @Asam there's nothing TACKY about sex or discussing sex. Regardless of what your bible tells you. Prudes are a damn bore!

Posted by: Virgil | Nov 7, 2013 9:30:36 PM

7. Asam...stop. Just stop. We're all grown adults here. Sex is natural. There's nothing more off putting than gay people who try to act all holier than thou and preachy. Calm down or go to bible study already.

Posted by: Scott Landry | Nov 7, 2013 9:31:52 PM

8. Asam, how and why is this tacky? how old are you?

Posted by: J.J | Nov 7, 2013 9:32:29 PM

9. This movie looks like garbage, honestly, and yes, i'm judging you, watcha gonna do about it xD!?

Posted by: Mark | Nov 7, 2013 9:43:07 PM

10. hillcrest! weird to see that on a youtube video when they're usually always los angeles.... good choice for filming in my opinion

Posted by: steve | Nov 7, 2013 9:43:36 PM

11. It's a comedy, right? Who amongst us hasn't made jokes about tops & bottoms? Our witty remarks & double entrendres rarely reflect any serious convictions regarding sexual positions. Lighten up!

Posted by: JonnyNYNY2FLFL | Nov 7, 2013 9:43:41 PM

12. Tops are often machismo and battling internalized homophobia. I prefer versatile guys myself.

Posted by: Freshfast | Nov 7, 2013 9:51:06 PM

13. They're both very cute so how hard is it to watch?
    I do the elevator test - if I was stuck on a desert island with these people would i become straight, a top, or what? It's interesting how often I would end up as straight as a rail. And top or bottom doesn't matter that much. It's the dynamic between the participants that matters.

Posted by: Markt | Nov 7, 2013 9:52:08 PM

14. Who cares? ♥♥ It is ALL about VERSATILITY and COMPLETE CARE for the OTHER PERSON in making love . . .

Posted by: Mike | Nov 7, 2013 10:02:56 PM

15. I can't believe how many bitter, sad queens read this site. Although from the sampling of comments, I guess I can.

"Tops are often machismo and battling internalized homophobia."

"Considering how most tops disrespect bottoms, maybe they should get together more often."

Losers

Posted by: Wow | Nov 7, 2013 10:16:26 PM

16. What an awful video. Garbage is correct.

Posted by: Shane | Nov 7, 2013 10:18:22 PM

17. @ wow...you're the exact kind of top they are probably referring to. NOTHING is more tired (and frankly, self hating) than gay men who refer to all other gay men as queens. You're probably one of those hyper masculine tops who uses lame ass phrases like "straight acting"

Posted by: HelloYally | Nov 7, 2013 11:07:50 PM

18. WOW feels insecure that his type is put on blast on here. Oh well. Pompous arrogant tops deserve to be called out.

Posted by: Jones | Nov 7, 2013 11:08:37 PM

19. Gay (male) sex is the hottest sex!

Posted by: Croone | Nov 7, 2013 11:09:45 PM

20. When I was younger and had only straight friends, I assumed that this concept that gay people classified themselves by sexual positions was a dumb fallacy invented by straight people.
    I couldn't imagine thinking in those terms myself, and none of my straight friends (regardless what sexual acts or positions they liked with the opposite sex) would take a sexual position on as an identity.
    Once I got on the gay dating scene, I was surprised and at first puzzled when occasionally a guy would ask on the first date, "Are you a top or a bottom?"
    At first my reaction was: "Are you serious?"

I guess it doesn't surprise me anymore than SOME men classify themselves that way, but it still seems naïve to me that those who do seem to think that everybody does think of themselves in such categories. A lot of us think of sexual experience more as "being together" and don't identify with this focus on requiring a position or act.

Posted by: GregV | Nov 7, 2013 11:38:31 PM

21. How about the fact that this movie just doesn't seem that funny or necessary?

Also, @WOW is right: imposing some sort of universal guide to tops is stupid. Some guys don't like to bottom. Some guys don't like to top. And you know what? Some don't even want to have sex with women. And some like whatever happens to happen.

Most of the comments here are juvenile. Towleroad hasn't necessarily been dumbed down, but the commenters certainly have.

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 7, 2013 11:57:24 PM

22. Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlXo9erboUk
    and skip to 43:06 into the video for a funny scene about two (alleged) tops getting together.

Posted by: Bill | Nov 8, 2013 12:05:11 AM

23. Paul R STFU. What does your comment "some don't like to even have sex with woman" even mean? as if it's abnormal to not enjoy sex with woman?

Posted by: Fiat | Nov 8, 2013 12:12:49 AM

24. Yay San Diego!

Posted by: pharmerandy | Nov 8, 2013 1:29:42 AM

25. GregV, I agree! The first time I was asked the question, I had no idea. I'd tried a little of everything, and never thought I had to choose! I understand preferring one over the other, but I've never understood the insistance "I'm strictly a top!" Variety is the spice of life!

Posted by: James L. Greenlee | Nov 8, 2013 1:35:53 AM