Duck Dynasty | News | Phil Robertson

BigGayDeal.com

'Duck Dynasty' Star Phil Robertson Releases Statement on Anti-Gay Remarks, Says He Disrespects Nobody

Robertson

Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson issued a statement about his homophobic remarks in GQ magazine:

"I myself am a product of the '60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior. My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together," he says. "However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."

See our previous post here.

Comments

1. Tons of publicity for this dullard show??....Mission accomplished!!!!

Posted by: Ankerich | Dec 18, 2013 2:28:16 PM

2. Didn't I see him offer the monster a cigar in "Young Frankenstein"?

Posted by: MIke | Dec 18, 2013 2:34:28 PM

3. "We are all created by the Almighty"

This arrogant jerk doesn't get it. We were all evolved by natural processes.

If an example of the work of the "Almighty" is Phil Robertson, I'm unimpressed.

Posted by: Randy | Dec 18, 2013 2:41:28 PM

4. The greatest diversion from your own sins is to push someone else to the front of the line as an example of "real" sin, as he has done.

Accept your own mistakes but leave the advice for others out of it. Invoking the bible is better left to those who's moral compass is better tuned.

Posted by: Hey Darlin' | Dec 18, 2013 2:43:14 PM

5. As far as disrespect goes we'll leave that decision to the victim of the disrespect not the perpetrator.

Posted by: Hey Darlin' | Dec 18, 2013 2:45:49 PM

6. Apparently A&E and the producers are one of the only ones who can find the bigot in the woods. "Phil, phones for you..."

Posted by: NotSafeForWork | Dec 18, 2013 2:45:58 PM

7. Oh really? Disagree with him.

Posted by: Matt27 | Dec 18, 2013 2:49:46 PM

8. Translation. I love money and don't want to risk loosing some. I will say I like you evil going to hell people if it saves me.

Posted by: First time caller | Dec 18, 2013 2:50:19 PM

9. Shut the F up, nobody. You kill ducks for a living. Please.

Posted by: Sean Maloney | Dec 18, 2013 2:51:56 PM

10. I am sure God is really happy to have him as his spokesmodel.

Posted by: Bubba | Dec 18, 2013 2:52:09 PM

11. I never watched the show & probably never will, but if this guy has become a role model to a certain demographic group, our country has a lot more evolving to do before we can call ourselves the most civilized nation on earth.

Posted by: JonnyNYNY2FLFL | Dec 18, 2013 2:53:14 PM

12. "The Almighty" Dollar.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Dec 18, 2013 2:55:02 PM

13. Who knew the Bible was really mainly a dating manual! Because that's all he seems to be focused on.

Posted by: ernest1960 | Dec 18, 2013 2:55:03 PM

14. @Bubba… that made me laugh!

Posted by: tranquilo | Dec 18, 2013 2:55:23 PM

15. Just another bible believing jackass.

Posted by: andrew | Dec 18, 2013 3:01:34 PM

16. Leviticus 14:9

"And on the seventh day he shall shave off all his hair from his head, his beard, and his eyebrows. He shall shave off all his hair, and then he shall wash his clothes and bathe his body in water, and he shall be clean."

Posted by: Lexis | Dec 18, 2013 3:05:58 PM

17. Same, tired Talibangelical excuses. "I love and respect everyone, which is why I go on and on about how you will burn in Hell for all eternity unless you repent and do EXACTLY as I tell you to do."

Posted by: Gregory In Seattle | Dec 18, 2013 3:15:09 PM

18. No where in the bible (puke) or what Jesus said does it state that men and women are meant to be together.

sigh Americans.

Posted by: Mel | Dec 18, 2013 3:20:16 PM

19. Shorter version "I got mine, now I can sit in moral disapproval because Jesus!"

Posted by: CPT_Doom | Dec 18, 2013 3:22:36 PM

20. Another loser who couldn't handle life and traded one crutch for another.

At least when he was having fun, I bet he wasn't bothering anybody. Now that he's a "Christian", he is, naturally, overflowing with crazy, stupid hate.

It's time to pull the plug on this backwoods moron's show.

Posted by: oncemorewithfeeling | Dec 18, 2013 3:37:31 PM

21. We so cool. We god-like images of Almighty.

Phil, did you hit rock bottom because you were a homosexual or did other homosexuals made you hit rock bottom ? You hit rock bottom because of your own stupidity of abusing sex and drugs. You are the one that lack moral. ALso, it is highly telling of a segment of America that is worshiping and giving money to this filth.

Posted by: Andy Towlette | Dec 18, 2013 3:57:33 PM

22. Well, I'm perfectly satisfied with his apology. What more can you expect from an Evangelical Christian?

He basically said, "I aint sorry for what I said. All of y'all are headed for hell anyways, so F.CK ALL OF YOU SODOMITES".

NOw, that's real old time religion, children.

It was good for the Hebrew children
    It was good for the Hebrew children
    It was good for the Hebrew children
    It's good enough for me

Gimme that old time religion....

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Dec 18, 2013 3:58:19 PM

23. Humblebragging, fauxhumility?

"...why I follow Christ and also what the bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together," he says. "However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me"

....Well, Dr. Doofenschmerz, you just treated a whole lot of people differently and with disrespect in that statement... On the one hand you say you wouldn't disrespect people and on the other you say "only men and women are meant to be together" The limited mind-set, the stupidity, the hetero-arrogance. Why anyone should believe in a book and mythos that was set up and promulgated by hets as a truth, just shows how immature and stupid "thuh hets" really are. So, how does it feel to have one toe in the lake of fire, you dumb ignorant hillbilly?

Posted by: woodroad34 | Dec 18, 2013 4:06:30 PM

24. Oh, and YES, those are the people who voted for Bush--the stupidest President ever. *spit*!

Posted by: woodroad34 | Dec 18, 2013 4:07:26 PM

25. "Except for those people I don't respect"

Posted by: Fenrox | Dec 18, 2013 4:31:58 PM