Comments

1. crispy says

They were legally married in Washington DC. This was a religious ceremony meant to bless their union.

The military grants benefits to same-sex couples nationwide.

2. Mike Ryan says

A twenty year difference in ages and yet no one here complains like they did with the same age difference between the diver and the screen writer. I’m guessing it is because they are military men.

3. Landon says

I went to high school with Johnathan. He was always one of the nicest people I interacted with, and he was never shy about his sexuality–even in our small town high school while I was deep in the closet. I always looked up to him.

4. Bastian says

Congrats guys!

Re: age difference—I am on the same page as Crispy. They don’t need anyone’s approval or judgement there anymore than they need it for loving someone of the same sex.

5. Conttrarian says

Involuntary oops when I saw where those tough looking women soldiers were holding those sabres. Big thumbs up for tradition in choice of the morning coat for the civilian.

6. Seattle Mike says

I wish them all the happiness and luck in the world. They are going to have some challenges for awhile partly because of the age difference, but that will fade as they get older, if they’re able to make it through the inevitable hurdles of any relationship.

7. stanhope says

Doll, Tom Daly and Dustin Black have nothing whatsoever to do with this. Calm down and entertain yourself with Anderson Cooper’s comments about his Mom. Congratulations to the happy couple.

8. anonymous says

I wish the couple well, however I seriously have a problem with the military for this. In the military, men and women both can be punished, losing rank etc for so much as dating someone else while legally separated. It doesn’t take much to lose a stripe. However they have allowed this. Ignoring the fact that NC not only does not recognize same sex marriage they have laws that PREVENT it. In short to sum up the law, sexual intercourse, in any manner other than missionary between man and woman are considered a crime against nature and punishable in a court of law.