Lourdes Leon | Madonna | Music | News | Video

BigGayDeal.com

Madonna's Daughter Lourdes Played Rizzo In High School Production Of 'Grease': LISTEN

Lourdesleon

Lourdes Leon (third from left), Madonna's 17-year-old daughter, starred as Betty Rizzo in her high school's production of Grease this weekend, and took the auditorium by storm. The bad girl leader of Rydell High's Pink Ladies, played with deadpan sincerity by Stockard Channing in the 1978 film, was reportedly an excellent part for Lourdes.

Us Weekly reports:

"[She was] really good," an eyewitness told Us Weekly of Lourdes' performance. "She is a great singer, dancer and actress and seemed completely comfortable on the stage. She also seemed like she was having a lot of fun with the part."

Luckily, Lourde's mother Madonna managed to make it to at least one of her shows. A source told Us that the 55-year-old Material Girl watched her daughter with Lola's father, Madonna's ex Carlos Leon, perform on Friday, Dec. 6, but kept a low-profile in the auditorium.

In the show's program, Lourdes' bio read: "She would like to thank her parents with all of her heart for giving her guidance and love and supporting her passions wholeheartedly."

Like mother, like daughter! Do you think Lourdes will take to the stage after high school?

Listen to her soulful rendition of "There Are Worse Things I Could Do," AFTER THE JUMP...

Photo via Twitter.

Comments

1. She's got a lovely tone, but she's pitchy. And her acting recalls her Madre's - no compliment.

Posted by: YSOSERIOUS | Dec 10, 2013 6:39:47 PM

2. She already sings/sounds much better than her mother. :o)

And I'm a Madonna fan.

Posted by: SpaceCadet | Dec 10, 2013 6:54:12 PM

3. The voice sounds very good. And this seems to be a cellphone recording, so imagine with proper audio. Be interesting to see if maybe she will do lots of theatre work like a certain other daughter of an icon.

Posted by: Omar | Dec 10, 2013 8:13:56 PM

4. Ysoserious, is your life more fulfilling now that you have gone and criticized a teenage girl in a school play? You are a truly pitiful person.

Posted by: Joey Y | Dec 10, 2013 8:14:13 PM

5. Nice to see a star's child do something NORMAL like take part in a high school musical (and not a Disneyfied one). Is very refreshing considering the way the offspring of certain other big names *AHEM* Will & Jada *AHEM* have been prostituted about by their parents.

And Lourdes sounds great for what she is: a kid in a school play (slating her is just tacky). Whether she follows her parents into showbiz or not, it seems that she is not being pushed or dumped into it.

Posted by: Scousebadger | Dec 10, 2013 9:23:01 PM

6. I'm thrilled to hear Madonna attended and kept a very low key presence, which is not what I would have expected from her. I remember seeing pictures of Lady Gaga attending her sister's high school graduation and she came in sparkly sequined/partially see-through pantsuit with a HUGE black, lace "beekeeper" hat and black lace veil (the veil draped down to her waist in places) that completely blocke out her head, replacing it with this large black lace structure on top of a half-nude outfit. I remember feeling so bad her sister--I mean, ok for Gaga since that's how she rolls, but her sister, graduating high school on one of the biggest moments of HER life, to date, and her older sister--who was already going to get major spotlight--shows up dressed in such a way that every single person in the place would know she was there and know who she was. Gag took the focus off of her own sister and every single child there graduating that day and I remember thinking while it was probably cool for many of the other kids, for her sister it was probably very marginalizing. I'm not always a fan of Madonna's entitlement (and am actually a much bigger fan of Gaga's) but in this case, I really think she made a lovely call by being low key and allowing her daughter and the other children to be the stars of the night, not her. Good on her.

Posted by: BreckRoy | Dec 10, 2013 9:51:18 PM

7. Unintentional typo above, leaving off the last "a" in Gaga. Since I'm not trying to throw unnecessary shade at Gaga, I don't want that misunderstood. Totally a typo, not a slight.

Posted by: BreckRoy | Dec 10, 2013 9:52:40 PM

8. Madonna's marketing strategy was to use gay men as a cover to appeal to sleazy straight guys. She claimed to be on the side of gay men but her image was based on fake lesbianism and female nudity.

Gay bloggers contributed to this tawdry tactic of hers.

Posted by: ASam | Dec 10, 2013 11:20:36 PM

9. Rizzo is the slutty one, right?

Posted by: Raybob | Dec 10, 2013 11:25:04 PM

10. Madonna hindered the chances of gay male success on the music charts in my view. She did this by discouraging gay male activism using the clever tactic of appeasing gay men through occaional supportive statememts.

Her real aim was to titillate straight guys.

Posted by: ASam | Dec 10, 2013 11:28:23 PM

11. Her singing is fine. And there's an Asian and a black guy in the cast. And while I never thought Madonna's music was more than fun and her schtick interesting, the usual TRoad commenter negativity about the big M and her daughter is really tiresome.

Posted by: emjayay | Dec 11, 2013 12:12:44 AM

12. No lie I really enjoyed that. She's got a great voice.

Posted by: Jersey | Dec 11, 2013 2:23:53 AM

13. Good for her, she sounds great! I just find it refreshing that she's doing a high school musical. I'm sure her life is atypical of most high schoolers... but this is one area she can just be a "normal kid." I really like that.

But overall, she's got a very pleasant voice. You go, girl.

And Joey, your comment made me smile. Well-said, my friend. (I don't know you, but I love you already).

Posted by: Marc | Dec 11, 2013 3:25:34 AM

14. It's like going back to 1961 and seeing Liza Minnelli debut in the Scarsdale High School production of The Diary of Anne Frank

Posted by: JeffNYC | Dec 11, 2013 8:15:00 AM

15. She's obviously gorgeous and hugely talented -- a chip off the old block.

Posted by: bearsarefat | Dec 11, 2013 11:03:13 AM

16. She sounds good - typical of a school play production. This makes me miss Stockard Channing though. I never see her in anything anymore. Now I miss The West Wing :(

Posted by: Jack Ford | Dec 11, 2013 11:59:16 AM

17. OK so I'm an idiot. I just looked at her Wiki page and realised she was on The Good Wife last week and I even watched the bloody episode. To be fair I was drunk though...

Posted by: Jack Ford | Dec 11, 2013 12:01:49 PM