FOX News | News | Richard Simmons | Thanksgiving

BigGayDeal.com

Richard Simmons Paid an Insane Visit to FOX News: VIDEO

Simmons

While you were traveling to wherever you needed to go for the Thanksgiving Day holiday, this can't-change-the-channel Richard Simmons spectacle was taking place on FOX News.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via omg blog)

Comments

1. Gee, and I thought Simmons couldn't get any more embarrassing. Call me naive.

Posted by: jomicur | Dec 3, 2013 2:47:43 PM

2. He's so cringe-worthy. It's like Mariah's MTV meltdown stretched out over years and several appearances.

Posted by: AJ | Dec 3, 2013 2:48:56 PM

3. Who?

Posted by: Glands | Dec 3, 2013 2:53:59 PM

4. I love him. He is the nuttiest nutter around.

Posted by: peterparker | Dec 3, 2013 2:54:01 PM

5. I'm sure he's a very nice person, but yeesh. Small doses

Posted by: CT | Dec 3, 2013 3:01:51 PM

6. I think he's aware he's jumped the rails and is enjoying the freedom off track.

Posted by: Hey Darlin' | Dec 3, 2013 3:02:37 PM

7. Is he openly Gay now? I guess it really doesn't matter, does it?

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Dec 3, 2013 3:07:23 PM

8. Fox News likes its homosexuals swishy and easily recognizable.

Posted by: woody | Dec 3, 2013 3:07:31 PM

9. Stepnfetchit clown. Makes a fortune degrading himself but doesn't donate a dime to any gay cause.

Posted by: Jon | Dec 3, 2013 3:14:01 PM

10. Get out the knives and start throwing - we have a public figure who is not really an OUT gay male. To the dungeon!
    I think Richard was funny and sad and witty in this interview, as only he can be.
    Let him be. He's a good soul in his own way and has helped a lot of people.

Posted by: David From Canada | Dec 3, 2013 3:14:06 PM

11. LOVE HIM

Posted by: nick | Dec 3, 2013 3:16:54 PM

12. Isn't Neil Cavuto obese?

Posted by: andrew | Dec 3, 2013 3:16:56 PM

13. Here's hoping he bites the bullet sooner than later.

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Dec 3, 2013 3:17:30 PM

14. No, no knives, David. Everybody is not an activist.

He's a comedian. He makes people laugh and tries to make them healthier. That's enough for me.

Actually, I guess he's a health activist. That's good too.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Dec 3, 2013 3:29:16 PM

15. He's a token, "safe" gay. The people at Faux News and their viewers don't imagine him doing the nasty, so their Bible-thumping sensibilities are not offended.

Posted by: Jack M | Dec 3, 2013 3:29:59 PM

16. he certainly couldn't hurt the Fox broadcast IMO. Possibly even helped it!

Posted by: Tom | Dec 3, 2013 3:33:07 PM

17. Mike Ryan, we're all hoping you do the same. Immediately, if possible. It wouldn't be much of a loss, if any.

Posted by: Tyler | Dec 3, 2013 3:33:29 PM

18. @Derrick From Philly: My 1st paragraph was meant in jest.
    Richard Simmons was born in a generation which finds it extremely difficult to 'come-out'. Understanding, not condemnation, is what is needed here.

Posted by: David From Canada | Dec 3, 2013 3:42:22 PM

19. Whatever social criticism might arise from considering how his personality was formed, he seems to be being himself.

Criticizing Simmons reminds me of Bill Cosby's criticizing of African American comedians who use ebonics.

Change is so slow, and if you have someone who will do anything for a laugh he is going to resort to stereotypes -- or maybe he is an oversexed predator who can't resist David Letterman or Richard Cavuto, lol.

He doesn't represent anyone but himself.

Posted by: Fahd | Dec 3, 2013 3:50:31 PM

20. I knew a guy once who lived in California and was an escort and he swore that he was once hired by Richard Simmons to come over and he wanted him to chase him around the house while he wore a tutu.

I was never sure if it was a true story, but watching this, I'm starting to think this isn't really that surprising.

Posted by: Fancy | Dec 3, 2013 3:51:20 PM

21. Richard Simmons probably positively impacts the lives of more people in a week than most of the rest of us, including Mike Ryan, do in a lifetime. Go Richard!

Posted by: andrew | Dec 3, 2013 3:53:46 PM

22. @ David from Canada,

I thought that you thought that I was "throwing a knife" at him by asking was he openly Gay. I realize that at age 65 it isn't necessary for him to make an announcement. Simmons doesn't have to prove anything to anyone.

We're on the same page here.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Dec 3, 2013 3:57:15 PM

23. He looks like an older Johnny Weir.

JON: how do you know this? Are you Richard's accountant??

Posted by: UGH | Dec 3, 2013 4:06:26 PM

24. @FANCY: I knew a guy once who lived in Pennsylvania who swore that FANCY loved spreading unsubstantiated gossip about people. I was never sure if it was true but after reading FANCY's post, I'm starting to think that it may be true.

Posted by: andrew | Dec 3, 2013 4:08:13 PM

25. @Andrew - no need to wonder, it is definitely true. I love it. I could care less about your moral superiority. Congratulations, you are an amazing person. Here is a cookie.

Posted by: Fancy | Dec 3, 2013 4:10:56 PM