Couples | Maulik Pancholy | News

Actor Maulik Pancholy Gets Engaged to Longtime Partner at Taj Mahal: PHOTO

Pancholy

30 Rock and Weeds actor Maulik Pancholy, who quietly came out of the closet last November in an OUT magazine profile, announced his engagement last night to his longtime partner Ryan Corvaia.

Tweeted Pancholy: "It only took 9 years but it's official! Just got engaged at the Taj Mahal to @Ryan_Corvaia! YEEEESSSS!"

Congrats!

Comments

1. Who?

Posted by: InTheKnow | Jan 10, 2014 10:15:20 AM

2. Very nice looking couple. Congratulations to them both.

Posted by: Drew | Jan 10, 2014 10:16:27 AM

3. congratulations.....and you got engaged in a beautiful romantic place......nicely done !

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jan 10, 2014 10:22:21 AM

4. Good for him. Good for them. Good for us.

Posted by: edude | Jan 10, 2014 10:27:11 AM

5. um, no mention that homosexuality is a crime in India? Would seem like the perfect time to mention it. I dont wanna rain on his moment but this comes off a little like ignorant american.

Posted by: dizzyspins | Jan 10, 2014 10:29:26 AM

6. @ The Temple of LOVE, no less! Nice one! Congrats!

Posted by: M2 | Jan 10, 2014 10:29:26 AM

7. Congrats to them. My main memory of the Taj Mahal was seeing groups of Indian males hanging all over each other, and me trying to surreptitiously take pictures of them. They obviously weren't gay, so it was just a culturally intriguing display. (I was younger then and hadn't realized how common such behavior is in cultures that strictly segregate the sexes; later saw it in Egypt, Cambodia, Turkey, etc.)

But they were used to it seeming odd to Westerners, caught me, and started acted uber gay in a way both friendly and patronizing. I was embarrassed, to say the least.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 10, 2014 10:37:26 AM

8. Very good. All the best to them.

Posted by: Matt27 | Jan 10, 2014 10:41:16 AM

9. Congratulations to the happy couple, that is wonderful news!

Posted by: C.J. | Jan 10, 2014 10:42:30 AM

10. I love the sassholes who take perverse pleasure in responding "Who?" on sites such as this and others such as Queerty. His name is Maulik Pancholy. Google it, you may learn something, you lazy *ss. Anyway, we seem to be reaching critical mass with the celebrity self-outings such as this and Thomas Hitzelsperger. Even Tom Daley is comfortable sharing even more of his selfies taken together with Dustin Lance Black. See http://instagram.com/p/i80mf9r-jc/ I think these are terrific developments.

Posted by: Peter | Jan 10, 2014 10:56:23 AM

11. Congratulations. I like his character on 30 rock.

Posted by: Adam | Jan 10, 2014 10:59:12 AM

12. Allah must be rolling over in her grave!

I LOVE it!

Posted by: TampaZeke | Jan 10, 2014 11:06:53 AM

13. *sigh*
    wonderful! i've been ridiculously crushing on Pancholy since I first saw him on "Tracey Takes On" back in the 1990s.

Congrats, dude! you're a swoon-worthy couple. Cheers :)

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jan 10, 2014 11:09:58 AM

14. Maulik is a cutie, and his fiancé looks like such a genuine, handsome guy. Congrats to them.

Posted by: Robert | Jan 10, 2014 11:47:53 AM

15. Congratulations!

Posted by: AlexBH | Jan 10, 2014 12:01:52 PM

16. Beautiful couple. Many years of bliss ahead!

Posted by: Felix | Jan 10, 2014 12:13:13 PM

17. I guess now the sodomy has been outlawed in India they will have their honeymoon somewhere else.

Posted by: anon | Jan 10, 2014 12:17:23 PM

18. Congratulations the newly-engaged couple. I hope they give themselves an extravagant, multi-cultural marriage and years of blissful happiness together.

Posted by: jamal49 | Jan 10, 2014 12:27:28 PM

19. Why does someone always have to be offended? Some of you want Mr. Pancholy to turn his engagement into a political statement. Of course, if he did that, other people would complain that he is his engagement into a political statement.

Posted by: alex | Jan 10, 2014 7:18:51 PM

20. I couldn't help but notice how they are posing as "mere friends". It hardly looks like the loving climax of an engagement. Goes to show that as much as the Taj Mahal is the ultimate expression of love, the place, however, is not free to express our kind of love and affection. Come to think of it, neither is it free to express our kind of love in public in 99.9% of the so called "countries with freedom of expression". Heck, we have to watch our backs as gays even in the gay ghettos! Just look at all the reports, in Towleroad alone, of violence against gays in America by the right wing nuts and the Christian zealots!

Posted by: Excuse Me! | Jan 10, 2014 11:24:35 PM

21. Reminds me of that great short film, "You Can't Curry Love"

Posted by: Fox | Jan 11, 2014 12:50:52 AM

22. @Excuse Me: How were they supposed to pose? Some people just don't like public displays of affection, gay or straight. Doubt I have many shots of me kissing me ex (of 17 years), and I've worked as a photographer. Just as I hug some friends when I see them, I kiss some, and some I've hardly touched at all. Announcing their engagement seems sufficient.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 11, 2014 4:03:10 AM

23. Love this guy. He's been such a great ambassador for Indian LGBT community speaking up for LGBT right there. Class act.

Posted by: JR | Jan 11, 2014 6:39:57 AM

24. Very handsome couple. Best wishes to them from our community.

Posted by: Carlos | Jan 11, 2014 6:40:20 AM

25. Everytime a brave talented man like this comes out, he inspires one of his young gay fans to realize they too can grow up to be successful and find love. Thank you Maulik!

Posted by: Two Dads | Jan 11, 2014 6:44:14 AM