Comments

1. Jonathan says

I was hoping Agema would stick around long enough to cost his party the control they’ve had over our state legislature before they succeed in turning us into Michissippi.

2. 1♥ says

Re: “Republican activist Dennis Lennox has also gathered around 200 signatures, creating a petition to try to get Agema removed from his position with the RNC. He said there was growing resentment and backlash from party members.”
    So out of the tens of millions of people voting Republican in the state, Mr. Lennox gathers 200 signatures and tells us that there’s a backlash. Who does he think he’s kidding?
    The Republican Party is VERY much in support of Mr. Agema. Looks to me that, Betsy DeVos and Dennis Lennox don’t know much about the political party they have been supporting. I wonder where they’ve been for all these decades that their political party has been running and winning with all that hate speech. Without the politics of hate the Republicans can’t win elections.

3. Lymis says

So, he can lie, and post lies, and it’s just “promoting discourse,” but when other people comment, that’s “stirring up divisiveness.”

In other words, “I can do whatever I want and shouldn’t face any consequences, but everyone else has to do it all my way or shut up.”

Sounds like the modern face of the Republican Party to me.

4. Jon says

I find it fascinating when someone like “Lymis” on here can say, “Sounds like the modern face of the Republican Party to me” in regards to some bigoted statements by an Agema, as if that represents all of the Republican party, but conveniently forgets to mention the recent statements by the Democrat Governor of New York, Andrew Cuomo, who said that pro-life people are not welcome in the state of New York. Now THAT is a bigotted statement! Is it then fair to say that Gov.Cuomo is the bigotted face of the modern Democrat Party? Seems to me the Democrats are just as much a bunch of bigots as the Republicans…even moreso.

5. Victor says

I second Homer. DeVos family has a long history in Michigan of supporting anti-gay politicians and legislation. The only thing that has changed is that Betsy is smart enough to see that open hostility will soon hurt Republicans even in MI.

6. Bernie says

Mr. Agema is cracking me up!! He spouts all this nonsense and when confronted runs!!! and has the nerve to say, he is stirring up discourse! BS…. his comments are so far to the right, he makes some of the other right wingers look liberal…..this man’s behavior is cowardly and spineless……