Duncan James | I'm Gay | Lee Ryan | News

BigGayDeal.com

Brit Boyband Singer Lee Ryan: 'I've Been with a Man'

Ryan

Lee Ryan of the British boyband Blue is a housemate on the UK's Celebrity Big Brother and this week told two of his fellow housemates something he'd never told anyone :

The 30-year-old star casually came out as bisexual while speaking to Jasmine Waltz and Luisa Zissman about 'orgys' and same-sex relationships.

The bold admission was the first time Ryan had ever revealed intimate details about his sexuality

"'Yeah I've been with a man. Everyone's done experimentational s***. I'll tell you later," he told the women.

He then added: "Of course, man. I'm a well-travelled person. I've never admitted it anywhere. No-one's bothered to ask."

Ryan's bandmate Duncan James came out as bisexual in July 2009.

Check out a sexy shot of James and Ryan from a 2011 issue of Attitude magazine,
AFTER THE JUMP...

James_ryan

Comments

1. For the record - Duncan James no longer identifies as bi. He identifies as gay these days.

Posted by: MaryM | Jan 9, 2014 11:22:18 AM

2. No one has bothered to ask so why bother to tell us? Oh that's right. You are on a "reality" TV show and trying to get attention.

Posted by: Perry | Jan 9, 2014 11:23:13 AM

3. Good for him. I'm starting to think ALL celebrities are bisexual at the very least.

Posted by: Brady Black | Jan 9, 2014 11:23:40 AM

4. Apart from Duncan James - THAT was a clear case of 'Bi now gay later'.

Posted by: MaryM | Jan 9, 2014 11:26:44 AM

5. Perry, tbh Louisa has been at it asking EVERYONE in the house. She was also the one who asked Evander Holyfield re gay boxers...so you should direct your BS to her...

Posted by: Rowan | Jan 9, 2014 11:41:25 AM

6. There's obviously something about performance that attracts gay and bisexual men. In the old days, (and to a certain extent it may still be true,) growing up in the closet makes you into a natural actor. If your spend your early teenage years getting quizzed on famous women whose huge tits you think are gorgeous and giving satisfactory answers so as not to get called THAT WORD, then you probably ens up with a pretty good facility for dissembling.

Posted by: Chaz | Jan 9, 2014 11:42:01 AM

7. @MaryM

My thoughts exactly. If a guy over 30 is never seen or been known to date women, they're gay. Even back when my parents were growing up they knew that but more eloquently referred to it as the "bachelor lifestyle".

Posted by: Sam | Jan 9, 2014 11:43:08 AM

8. I am not surprised. He was the hottest in the group for me.

Posted by: Matt27 | Jan 9, 2014 11:49:21 AM

9. No, he's not bisexual. Just because someone experiments, doesn't mean they are bi.

Posted by: Nellie | Jan 9, 2014 11:58:31 AM

10. Gee, like you couldn't call that one from across a parking lot. Out of curiosity, did anyone here ever think Ricky Martin was straight?

Posted by: Enchantra | Jan 9, 2014 11:59:10 AM

11. This makes me smile since I remember "Lee from Blue" being the guy Robbie Williams said he'd stop teasing and finally jump the fence for if given the chance. Hmmmm...

Posted by: BreckRoy | Jan 9, 2014 12:08:34 PM

12. Perry, why does that matter? Just the fact that he admitted to having had sex with men is important, demonstrating that it's normal and natural.

Posted by: Joseph | Jan 9, 2014 12:10:26 PM

13. I agree with Joseph. Trying to fit everybody into boxes on a grid is pointless. Even the Kinsey Scale admits fluidity of behavior.

Posted by: gregorybrown | Jan 9, 2014 12:17:24 PM

14. Nellie, of course. Whatever you say.

Posted by: Rowan | Jan 9, 2014 12:25:38 PM

15. Nellie, religious homophobes would LOVE you.

Posted by: Rowan | Jan 9, 2014 12:26:05 PM

16. @Chaz: I've always thought so too. Not to mention that not as many straight guys get excited about the idea of putting on costumes and pretending to be someone else. As for boy bands, most member are recruited in their early to mid teens, and not many straight boys are super interested in singing and dancing around that age. Certainly there are exceptions, but some stereotypes hold true.

Posted by: Paul R | Jan 9, 2014 12:30:07 PM

17. What difference does he make what his sexual preference is? He's a beautiful guy and anyone of either sex would be fortunate to share in his life. More power to him!

Posted by: LarrySanders | Jan 9, 2014 12:34:24 PM

18. He was always a sweet casual unbigoted guy.
    I'm sure he must have a great boyfriend, but isn't ready to talk about that yet.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jan 9, 2014 12:38:17 PM

19. And the person asking the question was also seeking attention, but obviously she is an attention seeking whore for being on that show.

Posted by: Perry | Jan 9, 2014 12:42:25 PM

20. He is a handsome lad, whom ever he does the deed with, was one lucky bastard !

Anyway, just because he experimented, does not mean he is BI, he may not have actually liked it either !

Posted by: Jimmy | Jan 9, 2014 12:47:11 PM

21. Chances are, if you're in an orgy, it isn't just one man amongst a group of women.

Posted by: S. | Jan 9, 2014 12:50:12 PM

22. I don't know, I semi-agree with Nellie. I'm not going to categorically deny that he's bi but based on this, he doesn't outright say that he's bi. He's said he's experimented. He doesn't say how old he was, how many times, what the circumstances were. I had two gay friends in an orgy with a straight couple when they were all on drugs. The straight guy just kinda lay there. Didn't resist when another guy sucked his cock but didn't actively do anything. Someone in that circumstance can still identify as straight, in my opinion.

Posted by: Kevin_BGFH | Jan 9, 2014 12:57:18 PM

23. Well, i remeber when Blue were very popular that he use to wear t shirts with Robbie Williams face, and Robbie even joked about it

Posted by: jjose712 | Jan 9, 2014 1:01:35 PM

24. Wow, I have been with a man too.

Posted by: Tim | Jan 9, 2014 1:03:07 PM

25. Who? We're getting our news from reality TV now?

Posted by: anon | Jan 9, 2014 1:42:49 PM