Chris Kluwe | Discrimination | Football (American)

Chris Kluwe Will Sue Vikings If Internal Investigation Comes Up Clean: VIDEO

Chris Kluwe

When former Vikings punter Chris Kluwe came out with allegations that he was fired for his outspoken support of LGBT issues, complete with witnesses to corroborate his story, the Vikings went on the defensive with denials and even hired an attorney to conduct an internal investigation. Kluwe doesn't appear to have much faith in the integrity of that investigation and has said that he will file a lawsuit if the Vikings' lawyers don't uncover any instances of homophobia or an antigay locker room environment.

In an interview with talk show host David Pakman, Kluwe said:

I haven't ruled out a lawsuit. I would really prefer not to have to do a lawsuit, because I loved my time on the Vikings, and I still have a lot of friends on the team and I love the organization. But if that's what it takes — if that means getting people on the stand with the threat of perjury, then something that will have to happen, because I made very serious claims, and they need to be backed up.

You can see a video of the full interview AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Don't know if this man is right or wrong in his plans, but he IS determined! Have to give him credit for that!

Posted by: David From Canada | Jan 18, 2014 10:58:48 AM

2. I personally see his commitment to go through the anguish and scrutiny of a lawsuit as a sign that significant misconduct occurred. Kluwe has a track record of standing up for the right thing. It sure does seem like it would be better for everyone if the team would acknowledge its errors and take steps to truly correct them going forward. That said, if Kluwe has been wronged financially and career-wise, it might take a lawsuit to fairly remedy him. And yet, if the team doesn't acknowledge it's errors, he's not just doing a lawsuit for himself.

Posted by: Just_a_guy | Jan 18, 2014 1:59:48 PM

3. Seems like someone can't accept he was let go for declining playing ability and too large of a salary for his performace

Posted by: Perry | Jan 18, 2014 2:17:53 PM

4. I love this guy! Go Kluwe!!

Posted by: peterparker | Jan 18, 2014 3:22:14 PM

5. He has dox, he must or he wouldn't say this.

Posted by: Tone | Jan 18, 2014 4:07:47 PM

6. You go Kluwe; I didn't understand a thing you said, but you go!

Posted by: tinkerbelle | Jan 18, 2014 5:41:59 PM

7. Support Kluwe. He supports us!!!

Posted by: andrew | Jan 18, 2014 6:13:02 PM

8. Speak softly, and carry a big digital recorder.

Posted by: Andy | Jan 18, 2014 9:23:26 PM

9. I love the fact he is committed to advancing gay rights and defending gay marriage. With that said, there have been calls from the left to fire Robertson because as a private company the First Amendment doesn't apply. Now, we have a guy that may have been fired because of his personal views the private company may or may not agree with but definitely does not want to be part of any political conversation. If private ownership allows the firing of Robertson the same applies to Klue.

Posted by: Jason B. | Jan 19, 2014 12:00:49 PM