Figure Skating | Jason Brown | News | Olympics | Sochi Olympics

Jason Brown Headed to Sochi Following Epic Free Skate Performance: VIDEO

Brown

Jason Brown and Jeremy Abbott have been selected for the U.S. Olympic figure skating team in Sochi. Brown's performance at the National Championships over the weekend is burning up the internet.

Says the announcer: "He has something that's very unique - that ability to connect with the audience."

That is an understatement.

Watch Brown bring the crowd to its feet, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via buzzfeed)

Brown

Comments

1. have they indicated how they intend to protest the fascist persecution of millions of LGBT Russians while in Sochi.

If not then they are collaborator scum who deserve to lose.

These athletes need to understand that their ability to win a medal is irrelevant compared to the human rights abuses of millions of LGBT Russians.

These guys are talented - pity I won't see them perform as naturally I won't be watching the Games.

Posted by: MaryM | Jan 14, 2014 11:09:41 AM

2. He has lots of talent, but he doesn't have a quad jump yet. He isn't a contender for a medal or even a top 5 finish (unless many other guys have poor performances). Hopefully he will have the quad jump by 2018 games.

Posted by: Perry | Jan 14, 2014 11:16:46 AM

3. Awesome!

Posted by: Bryan L | Jan 14, 2014 11:18:30 AM

4. Never heard of him until now. He seems like a sweet kid having fun out there, incredibly graceful and quick. It makes me sad the winter Olympics will be in Sochi.

Posted by: John | Jan 14, 2014 11:21:25 AM

5. "very unique"--ugh! Come up with something more descriptive and grammatical, please!

Posted by: anon | Jan 14, 2014 11:23:46 AM

6. This changed my mind about viewing the olympics. No boycott here. They need us to cheer them on.

Posted by: Mitch | Jan 14, 2014 11:25:32 AM

7. Spectacular.

Posted by: john patrick | Jan 14, 2014 11:27:35 AM

8. @Marym: do you care about all the human rights abuses in arab countries, too? Based on your past postings...I doubt you give a crap.

Posted by: Myackie | Jan 14, 2014 11:31:33 AM

9. @MARYM

Why would you call this guy "collaborator scum" when he has worked so hard 2/3 of his life perfecting this wonderful art?

What have YOU done 2/3 of your life? Enlighten us please.

Posted by: DALI | Jan 14, 2014 11:36:43 AM

10. I recognize the music from Riverdance. Great music, and great job by this young athlete!

Posted by: reality | Jan 14, 2014 11:36:57 AM

11. Fabulous!

Posted by: TampaZeke | Jan 14, 2014 11:41:22 AM

12. Congratulations Jason. Have fun in Sochi and bring home a medal.

Posted by: andrew | Jan 14, 2014 11:47:48 AM

13. is that man or woman?

Posted by: litper | Jan 14, 2014 11:54:55 AM

14. kid is a DYNAMO! i'll be cheering for ya!

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jan 14, 2014 11:55:41 AM

15. Bravo for him.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Jan 14, 2014 12:04:10 PM

16. Way to go!

Posted by: C.J. | Jan 14, 2014 12:14:02 PM

17. @ Mary M
    I understand, on one level, your emotions regarding Sochi.I struggled with the boycott concept. But I will not boycott the Olympics. The athletes who have been giving their all for this opportunity did not select Sochi, nor did they create the political situation in Russia. And trust me, there are gay athletes going to Sochi. Why would I want to boycott them? What we need is a STRONG PRESENCE in Russia, and strong support for our athletes, gay and straight,to let the Russians know that the Olympics is bigger than they are. I can not crush the dreams and hard work of our citizens so I can personally feel good about making an empty statement by boycotting the games.I support President Obama's decision to send a delegation with openly gay members. The President's actions speak volumes. The best way to kick Russia's ass is to send incredible athletes and beat the hell out of theirs!!

Posted by: Mark | Jan 14, 2014 12:22:33 PM

18. "Very unique" is a pointless phrase. Something is either unique or it isn't. Unique can't be qualified.
    That said, the dude is very talented. Great performance.

Posted by: Eric | Jan 14, 2014 12:24:58 PM

19. I want you all to help me thank Dr. Kpelede for saving my life, I was diagnosed of HIV and at the same time I was 5 months pregnant, I was confused and I didn’t know what to do until I met a friend on the internet who directed me to Dr. Kpelede, i did not believe it until i contacted the good man who was able to help me out of the situation with his spiritual powers, it only cost me some little amount of money to cure HIV through Dr. Kpelede so i will also advice any body that needs help with theirs to contact Dr. Kpelede through his email address, kpeledesolutiontemple@gmail.com Thanks and God bless you all.

Posted by: Maria | Jan 14, 2014 12:42:22 PM

20. Wow, this kid is pretty f***ing amazing! Xo's

Posted by: AnthonyR | Jan 14, 2014 12:47:37 PM

21. He beat Max Aaron who successfully landed a quad in his routine and had a pretty clean performance. Evan Lysecek won a gold medal in Vancouver and he did not land a quad. Yet Plushenko did.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Posted by: Sam | Jan 14, 2014 12:49:51 PM

22. I have no intention of watching these corporate money making games at the cost of every gay suffering in Russia.

I don't care if he skates like Papa Smurf in the ice-capades, I have no intention of watching anything Olympics.

Posted by: Truthiness | Jan 14, 2014 12:55:02 PM

23. I'm boycotting the Olympics this year, but it was great to be able to watch him here.

He has some of the artistry of Weir... and, at least as of yet, none of the poisonous baggage.

Posted by: Ryan | Jan 14, 2014 1:03:36 PM

24. he was good, and happy that it seems to be career skate, but i dont think it is a gold medal skate

Posted by: rico | Jan 14, 2014 1:31:55 PM

25. Seriously. Do the people spouting that tired old trope about these athletes working all their lives to win a medal actually believe that the ability of a small number of people to win a medal for being good at sport, think that their opportunity trumps the human rights of millions. Because that's what I am hearing.

I believe the human rights of millions is more important.

By the way the Hatelympics are not being held in an Arab country so why is that red herring being brought up?

Posted by: MaryM | Jan 14, 2014 2:01:42 PM