BigGayDeal.com

News: Scott Thorson, Stoli, Anderson Cooper, #CheersToSochi

RoadNOM is (unwisely) planning a second 'March for Marriage'.

RoadConservative author Dinesh D'Souza indicted for campaign fraud.

Mini_cooperRoadAnderson Cooper hails the arrival of Mini Cooper.

RoadBig Gay Ice Cream to open first L.A. shop: "After two successful Los Angeles pop-ups in the Big Gay Ice Cream truck, which drew throngs of fans, owners Douglas Quint and Bryan Petroff are opening their first ice cream parlor outside of New York. Located on 9th Street, it's in the burgeoning neighborhood that now centers around the newly opened Ace Hotel on Broadway."

RoadMcDonald's "CheersToSochi campaign meets with LGBT backlash.

RoadChristian blogger apologizes for years of attacks on same-sex marriage: "Your same sex marriage hasn’t affected the sanctity of mine. Not even a little. The fact that I’ve lived in states where my LGBT friends and neighbors are treated equal in the eyes of the law has not in the smallest way, done anything to harm the 'sanctity' of my marriage."

RoadThe Immunity Project is crowdsourcing an AIDS vaccine.

RoadJustin Bieber "cried his eyes out" then jumped on an SUV to wave at fans after he was released from jail.

RoadJeremy Bieber defends his son. “I can protect my kids, but I can’t protect them from you and your lies. Believe in the truth not in the lies of the enemy."

ThorsonRoadLiberace's former lover Scott Thorson faces 8 to 20 years in prison for failing court-ordered drug test while on probation for burglary and identity theft convictions.

RoadWhat's it like to be an openly gay couple in Nebraska? "Leak and Yost aren’t exactly discreet about their sexual orientation. 'If there’s some closeted teenager in town, we want to let him know it’s OK, you can be gay and be successful and have a good life,' says Yost." In 2002, two years after 70 percent of Nebraskans voted in a still-standing ban on same-sex marriage, the couple held a public 'commitment ceremony' in a church in the state capital."

RoadStoli donates $300K to the L.A. Gay and Lesbian Center.

RoadLGBT teen Jacob Rudolph looks back on a year of being out of the closet: "I think the issues in the future are going to be more about youth and transgender roles," he said. "And that's where empathy matters. People's views change when they know someone gay, or bi or transgender. I come out to my neighbor, and my neighbor now knows a gay person. They have a more intimate connection to the gay community and they consider things they haven't before."

RoadEveryone loves Lupita Nyong'o.

RoadJon Hamm took his bulge out for a walk.

PascagazaRoadColombia's Marcus Bachmann launches Senate campaign.

RoadMike Huckabee: Democrats tell women "they are helpless without Uncle Sugar coming in and providing them for them a prescription each month for birth control because they cannot control their libido or their reproductive system without the help of government."

RoadNational Journal: The 30 most influential out Washingtonians.

RoadUK trio guilty of anti-gay attack: "Dominic Nagy, of Dudley Street, Orford, Vladimir Puchala, of Patterdale Avenue, Orford, and Martin Uhlar, of Tyne Close, Orford, attacked a man after he was invited to the house for drinks. The men, aged between 24 and 33, punched the victim repeatedly and shouted homophobic abuse as he tried to escape. The court heard how the victim was invited to the house on Densham Avenue on June 1 after chatting to a man he believed to be called Stephan on a Slovakian chat room for several hours earlier that day."

Comments

1. Dear Grown Adults, do what Jacob is doing. That's how it works.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | Jan 24, 2014 3:46:11 PM

2. People dumped Stoli to protest Russia's treatment of LGBT citizens, so Stoli gives $300K to an LA LGBT center. That makes a lot of sense and really helps LGBT Russians.

Posted by: KevinVT | Jan 24, 2014 3:58:42 PM

3. I guess NOM doesn't care that June 19th (Juneteenth) already celebrates something actually commendable: the end of slavery in the United States.

They should choose a different date for their march to deny equality.

Posted by: Vint | Jan 24, 2014 4:20:11 PM

4. DAMN you NOM! June 19, 2014 is my 4th Wedding Anniversary to my wonderful husband! We were married here in DC. I guess we'll go on a cruise to Bermuda to get away from the crazies - that may or may not show up!

Posted by: dctopman | Jan 24, 2014 4:20:30 PM

5. Huckabee has deviated into performance art.

Posted by: Polyboy | Jan 24, 2014 4:39:33 PM

6. The tricky part about NOM's march is that they're going to march BACKWARD!

Posted by: Backward! March! | Jan 24, 2014 4:56:20 PM

7. "Believe in the truth not in the lies of the enemy"

Jeremy, "Believe" is the whole problem with your son. It's time for facts.

Posted by: Randy | Jan 24, 2014 5:00:35 PM

8. "If you're going to move to L.A. from New York, this is the baby-step way to do it."

Yes, that's true, Big Gay Ice Cream ... but it also practically ensures I will never sample your potentially yummy stuff - as Downtown L.A. is an area I avoid like the plague. Most Angelnos do, in fact. It's becoming a much nicer neighborhood, but it's still a pain to navigate and park - and it's kinda far from everything. Too bad.

Posted by: Zlick | Jan 24, 2014 5:18:07 PM

9. @NOM hahahahahahaha

@Jeremy Beiber hahahahahaha

Posted by: NotSafeForWork | Jan 24, 2014 7:08:15 PM

10. OK seriously, NOM picks Juneteenth as the day for their march? June 19, 2014? The irony is beyond belief.

Posted by: NotSafeForWork | Jan 24, 2014 7:11:49 PM

11. As much as I can't stand Mike Huckabee and disagree with his position, that snippet above does not reflect the point he was making at all. He was actually accusing the Democrats position as one that reduces women to mindless idiots incapable of minding their female needs without Government help and his party thinks woman are capable and not in need of assistance from the government. I forwarded the originally reported snippet, similar to that above from one my more liberal sources to make the point that re pubs are idiots, then I heard the whole statement on Signoriles show and felt stupid for forwarding it. Taking things out of context to fain outrage is what I expect from Fox, it's not acceptable reporting.

Posted by: Jason B. | Jan 24, 2014 9:37:21 PM

12. Scott Thorson.....what a tragedy.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Jan 24, 2014 9:52:43 PM

13. I'm beside myself with pride towards the LGBT communities and allies for the #CheerTtoSochi hijacking. I lifted this quote from the featured article, "Legions of LGBT protesters outnumbered everyone else in the feed." Amazing. I never thought that could happen. Just wow.

Posted by: Leslie | Jan 24, 2014 10:18:15 PM

14. When I lived in Miami there was a law that if you were caught drinking & driving not only do you get arrested but your car is taken also.. Say goodbye .. I worked side by side with the wife of a Miami policeman.. Someone clue me in

Posted by: TonyC | Jan 25, 2014 2:03:11 AM

15. I love how expecting insurance to cover routine medical needs equals "Uncle Sugar." Why cover OB-GYN at all? Surely women can find someone to feel their breasts and probe their vaginas without getting the government involved!

Posted by: Vaughn | Jan 25, 2014 12:29:30 PM