Ronan Farrow and Mia Farrow Rip Woody Allen Over Globes Win

Ronan Farrow and Mia Farrow ripped Woody Allen during last night's Golden Globes tribute, at which Diane Keaton accepted a Cecil B. DeMille Award in Allen's honor.

FarrowSaid Ronan on Twitter:

"Missed the Woody Allen tribute – did they put the part where a woman publicly confirmed he molested her at age 7 before or after Annie Hall?" tweeted the 26-year-old government insider.

Allen's ex-wife Mia Farrow was equally dismissive:

Farrow had been enthusiastically live-tweeting the awards ("Yay Spike Jonze" was among her astute observations) until it came time for the tribute to Allen. It was then that Farrow, who appeared in 12 of Allen's films while they were dating, demonstrated her advanced shade-throwing skills.

"Time to grab some icecream & switch over to #GIRLS," she tweeted, making no mention of her ex. Her next tweet, which appears to be her last of the night, confirmed her abrupt exit: "Nite all."

Comments

1. jamal49 says

Mia, your allegations were investigated by the NYC police dept. and given top smear priority by the NY Post. Nothing came of those investigations. Granted, you were closer to the events than any of us were but it’s been over 20 years. Mr. Allen and his wife/daughter (Chinatown, anyone?) have been supposedly happily married. It’s time to let it go, Mia. Face it. Your best roles were done with Woody (and one of your best was done with Roman Polanski). You’re being petulant and childish, Mia. It’s over. Time to move on. In the end, Woody just wasn’t that into shrew, I mean, you.

2. CPT_Doom says

UM, as far as I know Mia Farrow and Woody Allen never married. Apparently he only likes to marry his own (surrogate) kids.

3. oncemorewithfeeling says

Why am I not surprised that there would be at least one psycho Woody Allen defender troll here?

4. JMC says

I wanted to puke when Jennifer Lawrence was praising David O. Russell and then again during the Woody Allen tribute. It was a circle jerk for pedophiles last night.

5. says

Mia’s memoir, “What Falls Away”, is wonderful. And the appendix, so as to eradicate any claims of “slanderous mud-slinging”, is a copy of the court’s findings and conclusions from the whole debacle.

Worth reading. Allen seemed/seems to have no understanding nor consideration for how any of the children involved understand what “family” is – his dismissal that “they’re adopted, they’re not really siblings”, and his dismissals of the reality that his children have had to deal with the reality that their father married their sister.

Ronan….*swoon*

Allen, like Roman Polanski, has made some incredible art. Yet I remain very much troubled by not just actions in their personal lives, but their actions/inactions in *dealing* with them.

6. RyanC says

David O Russell isn’t a pedophile. The transgendered niece he squeezed the boob of was 19. Personally I think the niece was fishing for a payday and it was a case of “feel my new implant! Now give me money!”. I’m not a crazy Russell apologist though, I still think he’s a complete twatbadger for screaming at National Treasure Lily Tomlin.

7. Derrick from Philly says

I understand what you all are saying. But we’ve separated the artist’s achievements from his personal behavior (bad personal behavior) before.

It was said that Charlie Chaplin liked his young women very very very young. Yet, he is regarded as one of the greatest artists in the development of movies and moving acting.

And let’s not forget DW Griffith. He thought the Ku Klux Klan saved the South. His movie “Birth of A Nation” was thought to have resulted in race riots and an increase in race based lynchings. Yet, he is regarded as the “Father” of not just American Cinema–but World Cinema.

And then there’s Leni Reifenstahl–Hitler’s favorite filmmaker (did I spell her name correctly. Who cares?).

We can go on….

8. octobercountry says

I don’t really know anything about Ronan—did he inherit any of his father’s singing talent—do they sound the same at all? You can definitely see the family resemblance to Frank….

9. Brady Black says

JAMAL49, Really?

The family’s claims were investigated and the great and fabulous NYC police department, which behaves so well towards your people, found nothing. So they should just get over the trauma of sexual molestation.

Again, really?

10. terry says

the sand in Mia’s va-jay-jay seems to have gotten into her son’s crotch as well. rarely do you see someone so full of hate outside the christian right.

11. Derrick from Philly says

“moving acting.”

that’s dancing and acting at the same time. I know what I’m writing about, honey.

12. Tony Diaz says

There is no doubt he’s Frank Sinatra’s son. Look at the face – he is the spitting image of a young Sinatra albeit with blond hair.

13. MichaelJ says

Ditto what LittleKiwi said. Allen has made some wonderful films, but his unwillingness and perhaps inability to recognize and acknowledge the consequences of his actions on others is troubling.

14. Jamal49 says

It’s a Black thang, b¡tches! Incest and pedophilia just isn’t that big a deal in Black culture. It happens. Get over it. Both Derrick and I are product of incestuous relationships with underage women and we both turned out just fine. So don’t knock it until you’ve tried it.

15. anon says

Allen has moved most of his assets overseas to avoid taxes and possible lawsuits. He’s become a target for a lot of legal action over the years. Whether the matters are legit or not is up to the courts though.

16. Derrick from Philly says

@ “Both Derrick and I are product of incestuous relationships with underage women and we both turned out just fine”

Uh, Rick, you f.cked up again. I think JAMAL49 may be White.

You claim you hate queens, but you’re a queen…just a mean one. And a pederast too.

17. Lalala says

This ‘get over it’ attitude astounds me.

I mean really… can you imagine if you and your partner adopted children, and he turns around and marries YOUR ADOPTED SON?

Gah.

18. Elle says

First of all, accusing someone of a crime does not make them guilty of it. We dont live in 18th century England anymore where people would just be thrown to jail and the keys tosses when someone accused them of something. That is wht we have a legal system in place and things like due process.

Secondly, Woody Allen having an affraid with his adopted daughter may be wrong at first glance but that woman is married to him and they appear to be leading a happy and fulfilled life. If it was just a matter of him trying to sexually gratify himself, he would not have married her and made a life with her. And in the end you know, she is NOT his daughter – they are not genetically related so it was NOT incest.

Mia Farrow sounds like a jilted ex lover still harboring ill will and bitterness towards Allen and taking it out on him in this pathetically passive aggressive manner.

19. says

Elle – you can sit with the children of Farrow and Allen and explain to them why it’s not “technically” incest that their father is marrying their sister. You can tell them what Woody did, “You’re adopted. You’re not a real family”

20. Mitz Y Tops says

Incest is sexual activity between family members and close relatives. This typically includes sexual activity between people in a consangueous relationship (blood relations), and sometimes those related by affinity, such as members of the same household, step relatives, those related by adoption or marriage, or members of the same clan or lineage. Try again.

21. dearcomrade says

I do not recall ever hearing of Mr. Allen being convicted of anything.

Woody Allen’s films will be watched and enjoyed by tens of millions after Mia & Ronan Farrow’s names are long forgotten.

22. JMC says

I’ll never understand why people are so desperate to defend morally repugnant people just because they were involved in the creation of a few movies or songs they really like. I mean damn, how many hairs can you split and details can you gloss over or flat out ignore? Just admit to yourself that they’re a scumbag, illegally download their work so they don’t get a cent and continue on with your day with a clear conscious like a normal person.

23. Elle says

@ Little-kiwi: I dont give a rat’s ass what Mia and her children personally think is incest. Woody Allen is not related by blood to Soon-Yi. They had no blood relation – plus by the time he and Soon-Yi did have a relationship, she was 20 years old and not a child. it may be awkward but it is not incest and the definition that includes those ones one is affiliated with through adoption etc is an arbitrary one. Like it or not, when you adopt someone they do not become your blood relation and this is why we have incest taboos to begin with – to prevent members who share genetics from procreating. That we decided to arbitrarily expand that definitions to make adopted children feel better about themselves doesnt mean that changes anything about what incest is.

I dont understand this insistence by everyone that Woody Allen is a pedophile and incest lover and creep. WTF. He wasnt his kid, he fell in love with her and they’ve been together for 20 years. They havent hurt anyone (but Mia Farrow’s ego it seems). Let them be. Who the hell are you or anyone to judge them, especially when the life they have decided to lead has resulted in a successful, long-term marriage. He did not have sex with her when she was underage, she is and was of consenting age, no one is holding her against her will to stay with him so back off. Mind your own god damn business.

24. says

Their father married their sister. It caused a tremendous amount of confusion and anguish to the children, and the whole family. The children’s sense of trust in a parent – damaged. I’m sorry that their anguish has upset *you* so much.

25. JMC says

I see you glossing over Woody molesting Farrah’s other daughter Dylan when she was 7 years old, Elle. Just a couple years ago she reiterated the allegations, said she was still fearful of Woody and wishes she’d had the strength as a child to testify against him.

26. tinkerbelle says

I have to agree with Fester, even though it’s a bit oversimplified… They’re all pretty wierd. But you can kind of see where Mr. Allen gets his material from (a “normal” life is not so condusive to creative output). If you have seen Blue Jasmine, neurosis is the catalyst for all sorts of things. Pedophilia, however, I never, ever understood. I haven’t heard about the other case with, was it Dylan?

Roman just looks wierd to me. Sinatra or not.

27. Derrick From Philly says

28. JMC says

For the curious:

In 1992, Dylan was 7 years old when she told her mother that Farrow’s ex-lover Allen had touched her inappropriately. Farrow videotaped Dylan speaking about the creepy encounters and Dylan’s accusations later led to a court case that was eventually dropped to spare the young girl from having to testify in court.

“I’m scared of him, his image.” Dylan told Vanity Fair, refusing to utter Allen’s name. “I have never been asked to testify. If I could talk to the 7-year-old Dylan, I would tell her to be brave, to testify.”

There’s more to the interview but this is the gist of it.

29. Derrick from Philly says

Posted by: Derrick From Philly | Jan 13, 2014 4:38:12 PM

Rick, you leave me and JAMAL49 alone. If you don’t, we’re going to find Laverne Cox, then find you, and WHUP yo’ flat azz.

30. Fahd says

I was a big fan of Woody’s in my youth. I haven’t seen a film of his since the scandal broke. Just don’t want to go – no interest. I’m just not interested.

I’m sure he doesn’t care what people think, but for me its just not okay.

When Diane Keaton (Annie Hall) was saying all that nice stuff about him last night on the show, I nearly puked.

Don’t know why I feel this way – its not a strong feeling, just a revulsion. In any case, there’s no pleasure in his artistry for me. It’s a little like asking me to appreciate Nazi art – a piece of art created by someone who is somehow repugnant.

Also, I wish Woody would work harder at having a better relationship with his estranged son — so sad, and it’s not okay, and I totally get it. I suppose it won’t be fixed.

Anyway, for whatever reason, the rehabilitation of Roman Polanski I get, On the other hand, Woody Allen – I can’t see it.

31. Justice says

Woody Allen’s talents do not absolve him of blame.

Posters like Elle are completely lacking in empathy. Any mother who suspects that a man she trusted took advantage of her trust to abuse her child and finds herself denied of legal redress is entitled to express her feelings however she wants.

32. Derrick from Philly says

LOL @ “Then again, what self-respecting white man would admit to having a name like Jamal? ”

LOL Yeah, and what self-respecting White man would call himself “Enchantcha”? LOL Probably the only kind I kind have a couple of cocktails with–IF HE WAS HONEST, AND NOT A HYPOCRITE.

33. jarago says

Mia and her spawn are truly a couple of vile people-enough already with attacking Allen- Farrow has obviously brainwashed her son (who looks gayer than Liberace ) to hate his father.

34. Elle says

@ little-kiwi: yes i admit that it may have created all sorts of awkwardness but it is not illegal. I assume if a brother were to marry his brother’s ex it would create the same kind of anguish but it doesnt make anyone a creep or illegal.

As to the 7 year old girl: frankly, I dont recall Allen being convicted in a court of law and given how bitter Farrow is about the whole deal it would not surprise me if she told her kid to say that. I mean what does a 7 year old know about inappropriate touching. i doubt she came forward on her own said “step daddy touched me inappropriately”. 7 years olds dont talk like that. my point is just because someone MAKES an accusation doesnt mean it is true.

35. Fahd says

When asked about the issue of Roman Catholic priests and pedophilia within the church, Pope Benedict responded that the problem wasn’t really about pedophilia, but rather ephebophilia.

His hairsplitting didn’t help either.

Allen crossed a boundary and it has had consequences for many.

36. MickleSt says

OK, Soon Yi Previn was adopted by Mia Farrow, not by Woody Allen ever. He did not marry Mia, nor, as I recall, did they even actually co-habitate. Soon Yi is not his daughter or step-daughter.

Was it a low blow? Oh yes, to be sure.But not incest, either by blood or adoption.

Ronan, though raised to think he was Woody’s son, is quite possibly Frank Sinatra’s son in actuality. Which means Mia was sleeping with Frank (who was married) while in a relationship with Woody. And she neglected to mention any of that until last year.

The sleaziest soap opera writer could not dream up something like this ugly mess.

Occasionally Woody still makes good films. Fine with me. Mia has done some (but not much) good work since her split with Woody. Fine with me, too.

I don’t know these people, they don’t know me. If they got a problem with each other, let ’em duke it out in court. Next case, Judge Judy.

37. Bob says

MIA FARROW….

Hollywood royalty brat who twisted Sinatra into marrying her at 19, then got knocked up by him when she was with Woody.
    Has not been relevant in decades.
    Ruined her own reputation and damaged her children with the “victim act” and vendetta against Woody.

Woody is no angel — but he has always been obsessed with young women — why would he molest a boy?

38. ratbastard says

What Allen had done in his private life is incredibly inappropriate and extremely offensive to most people. I believe the man is indeed a pedo. He should not get a pass because of who he is. Now I realize the entertainment industry is full if sleazy people, but having a ‘relationship’ and marrying your own young adopted daughter, then fleeing the country, can’t be ignored by even half way decent people.

39. bravo says

Loved the Woody tribute.
    Just re-saw Love and Death – one of the funniest movies ever.

Richard Wagner was a disgusting man. I listen to his operas often. Woody Allen may be a disgusting man. Annie Hall, Manhattan (foreshadowing?), Hannah and Her Sisters, Crimes and Misdemeanors, Bullets over Broadway, Love and Death, Sleeper, Bananas, Purple Rose of Cairo, Broadway Danny Rose, Midnight in Paris, Match Point. Some of the best movies out there.

40. Sean Maloney says

Jamal, really? Read last November’s Vanity Fair article. Their 7-year-old daughter was fingered by Allen. And then there are the Polaroids. Incontrovertible proof regardless of the investigators who were bought off.

41. Sean Maloney says

The Polaroids, Elle, the Polaroids. On the mantle, above the fireplace, no less. And Bob? Dylan is a girl. And just because someone is not found guilty in a court, doesn’t mean they didn’t do anything illegal or nefarious. #caseyanthony

42. fedorajoe says

Yeah, who cares if the guy marries his kids and may even have raped some of them? He’s made good films, that’s all that matters! (pukes)

All I can say is, I sincerely hope that none of you are ever raped/molested/exploited/whatever. But if you are, I sure as hell hope that you aren’t raped by an artist, because then nobody will even care what was done to you. They’ll be too busy fawning over your rapist.

43. Deen says

Mia & Ronan

I DO NOT CARE!
    Keep your business @ home

Mia you are way too old to be tweeting like a 12 years old
    & Ronan need some attention?

44. Gerry says

Appreciate Allen’s talents as a filmmaker all that you want, but it takes incredible feats of head up the azz logic to deny his manipulation of Mia’s daughter. Some of the apologists here are telling a parent to “get over” the fact that a man groomed her child in order to manipulate her into a sexual relationship with him, and might have also molested another of her children as well. He wasn’t carrying on an affair with an adult daughter, someone who have had greater intellectual capacity to make informed decisions about him. It’s inconsequential whether they were related or not or that they’re married now, it was deeply unethical behavior and is stain on Allen’s character.

45. Randy says

I know I always take family infighting more seriously when they air their dirty laundry during other people’s recognition events.

Stay classy, Farrows, LOL.