Davey Wavey | News

Why are Gay Guys Obsessed with Straight Guys? — VIDEO

Straightguys

Vlogger Davey Wavey in with another of his probing investigations.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. why promote something so stupid, annoying, and stereotypical?

Posted by: Javier | Jan 17, 2014 10:17:13 AM

2. Without even watching the video, I can answer the question. Gay guys are obsessed with straight guys because they have internalized the idea that heterosexuality and masculinity are synonomous and that homosexuality and masculinity are incompatible and mutually exclusive.

This is why effeminate gay men refuse to acknowledge even the POSSIBILITY that a gay man can be as masculine as a straight man--and why they routinely attack (verbally) any one that is (on this blog and others like it)....it is just too threatening an idea to them because it implies (rightly) that their own effeminacy is not caused by homosexuality (it isn't), but is simply a reflection of their own low self-esteem.

And the only solution to all of this is for gay men to eradicate the culture of effeminacy and decide to become men like other men.

Plain as day.

Posted by: Rick | Jan 17, 2014 10:23:13 AM

3. Every generation gets the Edward R. Murrow it deserves.

Posted by: Mike B. | Jan 17, 2014 10:25:12 AM

4. Edward R. Murrow was hawt!

Posted by: Crixi Van Cheek | Jan 17, 2014 10:31:53 AM

5. I'm not obsessed with straight dudes....

Posted by: Xander | Jan 17, 2014 10:34:59 AM

6. da fuq did I just watch?

Posted by: Eric | Jan 17, 2014 10:35:32 AM

7. oh... I didnt know we were obsessed with straight boys... I guess I didnt get that memo either.

Posted by: Drew Murray | Jan 17, 2014 10:40:29 AM

8. Davey Wavey is obnoxious

Posted by: reality | Jan 17, 2014 10:44:20 AM

9. Men are men, whether they are straight or gay. So if you're gay, you're attracted to both. And last time I checked, there are more straight guys than gay guys, so do the math.

Posted by: Jack M | Jan 17, 2014 10:55:06 AM

10. We're obsessed with hot guys, whatever their orientation.

Posted by: Knock | Jan 17, 2014 10:55:12 AM

11. I agree with Rick on this one. I accepted who I was after I got out of the Army in 1972 and shared this with my family in 1975 ( not as easy a thing to do then as now ). I was always baffled by the drag culture and could never understand the appeal. I'm not disparaging those who are into that culture ( we have them to thank for Stonewall ), but there are many who are not into that. While lack of self esteem is unfortunately all to common ( there wouldn't be as many suicides as there are were this not so ), I also acknowledge that it may also be a self identifying form of protest to counter the repression forced upon our community for so long. This may have been best personified by Quentin Crisp.
    I believe we're seeing a cultural shift where fewer gays are identifying with that culture at the same time as the general public is embracing our person-hood and the rights that go with it.

Posted by: Stan D | Jan 17, 2014 11:03:23 AM

12. ahhh - the things that come with age - like Maturity..and not caring about the Material BS stuff.....

Posted by: disgusted american | Jan 17, 2014 11:05:31 AM

13. And just like clockwork, Rick overthinks it. At the end of the day, I like guys who look good, and some are straight, and some are gay. So what? I don't hate myself, and I'm perfectly capable of preferring one type of guy over another. There's nothing wrong with it, and I frankly don't owe anyone a damned explanation as to who I want to bang.

Posted by: Hrm | Jan 17, 2014 11:09:26 AM

14. Gay men are obsessed with men, it just so happens that most men in the world are heterosexual.

Posted by: MeFirst | Jan 17, 2014 11:13:57 AM

15. Most gay guys I know (actually all) are NOT interested in straight guys. Unless they are particularly physically attracted to the guy to want to look at him, it's the same as being interested in an attractive woman.

There are some gay guys who have very negative feelings about being gay and get some sort of power feeling or something from trying to "convert" a straight guy or want to be a straight guy. Maybe there are the opposite of a fag hag? It's not typical, but they do exist.

Anyway, any straight guy who would have sex with them are bi, not straight, and most bi guys are VERY BAD at sex. (from a long history of mixed clubs and groups).

Posted by: Steve Talbert | Jan 17, 2014 11:14:38 AM

16. Lots of straight guys are better looking than most gays...Just a fact....

Posted by: Ankerich | Jan 17, 2014 11:24:17 AM

17. Gay men are obsessed with men, it just so happens that most men in the world are heterosexual.

THIS!

Posted by: Charles | Jan 17, 2014 11:26:37 AM

18. Rick, you seem like the type the is alway trying to prove how macho he is....The I'm gay but not the type of gay.... There is no worse type of homophobia.

Posted by: art | Jan 17, 2014 11:39:03 AM

19. "forbidden fruit". really that simple.

these stupid items about davey, miley and justin. they're crap on a cracker.

Posted by: jaker | Jan 17, 2014 11:42:17 AM

20. There is only one thing straight about that boy and it's in his paints.

Posted by: David | Jan 17, 2014 11:43:39 AM

21. I know that there are gay guys who are obsessed with straight guys.

They're called pathetic.

Posted by: Daniel | Jan 17, 2014 11:45:06 AM

22. Can you possibly just enjoy the good fun of the clip?

God I hope I don't turn as bitter as you guys when I get old and fat.

Posted by: Rick D. | Jan 17, 2014 11:50:26 AM

23. Fetishism of heterosexual males by gay men is nothing more than internalized homophobia. Stick a fork in it.

Posted by: MARCUS BACHMANN | Jan 17, 2014 11:56:18 AM

24. It's funny that Rick is the one talking about gays lacking self-esteem.

Posted by: D.R.H. | Jan 17, 2014 11:58:30 AM