Comments

1. Bill says

I wonder if some of them missed the name but heard “died” and “president” and simply tried to say something nice.

What’s missing from this sort of “interview” is how many people they tried before finding the ones who appeared in it.

I read today or yesterday that about 1/4 of the American public doesn’t know that the earth revolves around the sun. If someone called me during dinner and asked me that question, I could easily make a wisecrack like, “I thought the earth revolved around Larry Ellison.” It’s a variant of the Silicon Valley joke, “What’s the difference between God and Larry Ellison?” “God doesn’t think he’s Larry Ellison.”

2. says

Yeah, why doesn’t Kimmel show those people who stopped short and said “WTF” knowing full well FDR died in 1945? Yes, these people are fools, would do or say anything to be on television and deserve to be humiliated. If you don’t know something just say I don’t know or what are you talking about?

3. steve talbert says

I think it would be funnier to have all the reactions of people who knew better and then all of a sudden you have these fools who are so earnest about it when hearing about the unexpected loss . LOL

Otherwise it just sounds like crazy street people. Maybe I’m cynical but I find it fascinating when I come across truly stupid. Frightening that the probably vote GOP and honestly think they are helping.

4. disgusted american says

the very thought that there are people THIS STUPID in America- and they get to Vote..? seriously – it isn’t funny…This is so God-dammed disappointing and SAD, and tells you something about America Today!!!

5. Chris says

I don’t understand what seems to clearly be a problem, i.e., this lineup of boxes on the left side of the screen (to link to Facebook, e-mail, etc) that obscures the content. Is there some way to get rid of that?

6. DrMikey says

Disgusted yes. Surprised definitely no. The comments would certainly have been more numerous & mean, and funnier with that rural twang, if instead of Hollywood Blvd. they would have staged this in one of those rectangular red states which are over-represented in Washington!

7. Felix says

Don’t get all sad and frustrated. Yes, this is the face of America today. But if you do want to experience the real 1rst World you can still move to Norway, Sweden, Iceland or Denmark.