Comments

1. JonnyNYNY2FLFL says

Cooter from “Dukes of Hazzard” ran & won a seat in Conress, so anything’s possible.

I’m not a fan of Clay Aiken’s music, but I wish him well.

2. Albert says

That was a pretty effective introduction to Clay’s background, the contrast with the incumbant, and his goals for representing the district. Good luck, Clay!

3. RandyNovak says

His rather lengthy wikipedia page doesn’t have any entires for education.

One has to wonder what a 35 year-old entertainer has to offer the citizens of NC.

4. Macguffin54 says

Why does he look so different? He kind of looks Asian. Is it just that he’s not a kid anymore or something more? In any event I always had the impression Aiken was a little crazy (not sure what gave me that impression), so I’m surprised he sounds so grounded (and did it all so well in one take!)

I really do wish someone could change politicians’ spending tax payers’ money with expense accounts and being more concerned with a re-election (and pandering to their party’s broadest agendas) than actually doing anything that warrants a re-election. Aiken is not going to change any of that though.) But if he can make any kind of difference over the fool he hopes to run against more power to him.

5. SpaceCadet says

@RandyNovak, did you even read that “lengthy Wikipedia page” on Clay? It clearly states that he attended UNC-Charlotte, worked with autistic children, and graduated with a degree in special education. Sounds like this is guy is more than just a “35 year-old entertainer” has plenty to offer the citizens of NC. Go Clay!

6. Brandon h says

First off he’s gay, strike one in NC. And aren’t there some tawdry webcam shots of him floating around on the net out there? You bet your ass that will be brought up.

Good luck to him, I just hope he’s prepared to be drug through the mud.

7. Danny says

The so-called “Tawdry” webcam shots are captioned as if there was something going on but are simply pictures of a hoody wearing guy talking to someone. Possibly his manager. There is nothing remotely sexual or sleezy going on other than what the tabloid insinuates ALLEGEDLY.

8. SpaceCadet says

@RANDYNOVKAK,

Then actually do some homework before posting your assumption about the man. Apparently you mustered the energy to go to the Wikipedia page but couldn’t move your finger to click on the section entitled “Early Life”. And many “entertainers” have some sort of education, degrees, and have had other careers aside from entertainment.

9. Leroy Laflamme says

I see the comments section is riddled with scorpions again today. No surprise. Clay Aiken is honest, sincere & articulate & I hope he achieves whatever he sets out to do. I bet he will, too.