Comments

1. Graphicjack says

I’ve always personally felt that a wedding should be a private personal thing, but of course on Bravo, queens of reality tv, everything has to be videotaped for the world to see…. Quick, I need some attention! It’s not that I’m against gay marriage, of course, but colour me cynical that they had to get married by a “celebrity” on reality tv. Feels like it’s a bit cheap and it’s treating marriage like way to get famous. I hope they have a long marriage, but I have my doubts.

2. Brian in Texas says

Getting married on the Grammys….very cool.

Getting married on Bravo at 11pm…not so much.

I do wish the couple many years of happiness though.

3. dixichuk says

@Andrew,Brian,Profe,et al. A lot of folks believe gay marriage is wrong. So I would say to them something similar to what many would say to you. To them: If you do not want to marry a gay person, then don’t. To You: If you do not want a public wedding, then don’t have one.

4. andrew says

@DIXICHUK: I strongly support marriage equality. In my opinion it adds dignity and importance to it, if it is celebrated with family and friends and not as a TV show event.

5. JMC says

Seriously, not everybody has to care about having a serious, traditional wedding. For some people it’s just the marriage that counts and they’re happy to have fun with the formalities.

6. JonnyNYNY2FLFL says

SSM was a totally inconceivable concept not too long ago.

The more publicity it gets, the more it seems normal & acceptable as a part of mainstream society.

7. Perry says

Just another pair of people trying to gain some bit of fame. Getting married I this fashion shows they have no respect for what marriage means and have little dignity.

8. jamal49 says

@DIXICHUK You forgot one thing. If you don’t want to watch a gay marriage on television, switch the channel or turn it off.

What all the jaded, embittered, boring queens here seem to forget is that SSM is still an on-going evolution in the public’s consciousness. Having something this public takes the mystery away for a lot of people and may actually open some hearts and change some minds.

At least Andy Cohen is doing something with his life and his celebrity, which is a lot more than can be said for 99% of the critical queens here.

Thanks, Andy Cohen.

9. Liam says

Seriously guys lighten up. Straight people get married on TV all the time. There was just a bachelor wedding a few weeks ago that went on forever. People have gotten married on the Today show many times and the tonight show. People get married in all kinds of crazy places. They were fans of the show, Andy is an icon of theirs so why not get married by him on his show.