Idina Menzel | John Travolta | News

A Star is Born: John Travolta Introduces 'Adele Dazim' — VIDEO

Travolta

As many of you know, John Travolta was supposed to be introducing Idina Menzel last night to sing Disney's hit "Let It Go" from Frozen, but instead (perhaps due to dyslexia?) introduced 'Adele Dazim'.

The flub inspired a dozen instant fake Twitter accounts.

Watch it again, AFTER THE JUMP...

And here is Adele's (Idina's) performance:

Comments

1. I think his wig was on too tight

Posted by: RONTEX | Mar 3, 2014 8:04:55 AM

2. His hair piece should have received an honorary Oscar.

Posted by: Brian W. | Mar 3, 2014 8:05:50 AM

3. Poor man is still getting over the bad facelift and rug...someone needs a new stylist!

Posted by: Seth | Mar 3, 2014 8:11:26 AM

4. Your a movie star with all that money and time, yet you have zero clue how to get a decent hairstyle that is flattering and/or age-appropriate...?

Seriously, who thinks that looks good?

I've seen better rugs under a camel's saddle.

Posted by: johnny | Mar 3, 2014 8:15:02 AM

5. adele dazim is a very talented woman

Posted by: jjose712 | Mar 3, 2014 8:16:34 AM

6. I was ready to fly to LA and punch him for effing up her name. And she looked pissed when her song was over too.

Posted by: Mike | Mar 3, 2014 8:17:27 AM

7. What gets me is; all of these multi-million dollar "stars" introducing the segments and not one was able to read a cue card without tripping up.

The only highlight of the night, frankly, was Bette Midler knocking out her old chestnut, "Wing beneath my wings" following the "In Memorium" segment.

Posted by: Rad | Mar 3, 2014 8:23:56 AM

8. I'm still sad about Adele Dazim and her husband Troy Qudissia breaking up.

Posted by: crispy | Mar 3, 2014 8:25:59 AM

9. Can Travolta just fade quietly into the Scientology steamroom and let someone relevant have time on camera?

Posted by: bkmn | Mar 3, 2014 8:28:54 AM

10. I find her most unattractive, physically and that horrid screeching she does instead of singing. Not quite as bad as the morbidly untalented Pink.

Posted by: Kevin Thor | Mar 3, 2014 8:30:58 AM

11. He best be sending her a very luxe gift today with a note of sincere apology.

Posted by: mike | Mar 3, 2014 8:31:48 AM

12. Bitter queen award goes to Kevin Thor.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Mar 3, 2014 8:43:26 AM

13. Does Travolta still look like Count Dracula's fat cousin?

Posted by: anon | Mar 3, 2014 8:54:50 AM

14. I think the one thing that disturbed me most about the Oscars last night was the "AARP Job Placement" commercial at around the 11PM mark, to help you find that "Late in life career!" I don't know about you, but unless my future job description involves a recliner, a remote control and a nap, I don't want to hear about it

Posted by: Rad | Mar 3, 2014 9:05:25 AM

15. Adele Dazim might be talented but she screamed way too much in last night's performance... it was unpleasant to listen to.

Posted by: ElCid | Mar 3, 2014 9:19:53 AM

16. Too much botox and one has difficult to read.

Posted by: Matt27 | Mar 3, 2014 9:22:33 AM

17. I've disliked him ever since he ruined the Hairspray movie by saying, "it's not a movie for gay people" ... um really, as he sings in drag? He's a total mess who just needs to GO AWAY.

Posted by: Reality | Mar 3, 2014 9:39:15 AM

18. Ellen was all class after the song, however. She said Idina's name twice, clearly and succinctly, without calling out Miss Travolta on her error.

Posted by: Scott | Mar 3, 2014 9:45:30 AM

19. I think John Travolta has dyslexia? I don't want to crucify him for the flub if so. That being said Idina's performance was less than stellar and very hard on the ears at certain points. I love her but it wasn't her best.

Posted by: Derrick | Mar 3, 2014 10:37:22 AM

20. I've read that Travolta has dyslexia - but her name should not have been new to him; that's why they have scripts and rehearsal. If he honestly can't pronounce one name correctly on live television, maybe he shouldn't be invited to introduce anyone.

Posted by: Profe Sancho Panza | Mar 3, 2014 11:01:23 AM

21. What Profe said. A couple of rehearsals, and someone telling the celeb how to pronounce the name of the person they're introducing, is simply professional.

Posted by: throwslikeagirl | Mar 3, 2014 11:43:25 AM

22. I like Idina (Ms. Dazim, lol) and she's a talented attractive woman, but it wasn't her best performance, screeching and cracking and singing ahead of the song. I wasn't particularly impressed with Bette or Pink either but I know they are great singers too. I thought the performance of the song from "Her" was sweet and "Happy" by Pharell was a lot of fun.

Posted by: SpaceCadet | Mar 3, 2014 12:40:51 PM

23. From what I could tell, the orchestra was too fast for her. They tried to compress a 3 minute song into 2 minutes and she could hardly catch her breath singing it. If you were watching the show the orchestra was not in the same building but was playing at Capitol Records building while she was singing at the Oscars. They weren't in total sync.

Posted by: m.r. | Mar 3, 2014 1:16:26 PM

24. Of the three divas singing, Pink was the best. Bette wasn't bad, but she added a few too many deviations to the song that seemed like affectations. Adele/Idena seemed drowned out by the music, which was far too loud, and she probably was shouting the song and but to be even heard over it... I don't fault her for that, but for the person who was responsible for the levels of her mic and the band, which wasn't even in the theatre, as Ellen said. The same think happened to Adele last year. They need better tech guys if this keeps happening. Even if the levels were whacked at the beginning, why was no one adjusting them as the song continued.

Posted by: Graphicjack | Mar 3, 2014 3:56:36 PM

25. This pervert is over. The only thing he should be introducing is himself to his neighbours for being on the sex offender register.

Posted by: Tristram | Mar 3, 2014 4:06:29 PM