Kylie Minogue | Music | Music Video | News

Kylie Minogue's 'Sexercize', the Sweaty Male Version: VIDEO

22_sexercize

This is perhaps the version of "Sexercize" some of you have been looking for.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Directed by Cody Critcheloe.

2_sexercize

Comments

1. Lose the cowboy hat. Those days are over.

Posted by: VP | Mar 19, 2014 8:17:19 PM

2. That will do nicely.

Posted by: Randy | Mar 19, 2014 8:22:58 PM

3. VP:
    I assume you're speaking for yourself.
    (The hats. A couple of the guys under them I'm neutral about.)
    Shaved, oiled and twinkish is not first choice, but I wouldn't kick any of them out of bed. And the French bulldog is a keeper.

Posted by: Jerry | Mar 19, 2014 8:36:48 PM

4. I'm getting a strong 80's/90's vibe here. Is that what she's going for? Who's her demographic? Love the cowboy hats. French bulldog puppies in cowboy hats-- YEAH!

Posted by: throwslikeagirl | Mar 19, 2014 8:48:14 PM

5. Surprisingly not sexy. The whole thing is trying to hard.

Posted by: gr8guyca | Mar 19, 2014 8:56:12 PM

6. Oops....too hard.

Posted by: gr8guyca | Mar 19, 2014 8:56:38 PM

7. This is not her official video people!

Posted by: Marc | Mar 19, 2014 9:07:35 PM

8. Needs more papis haha

Posted by: Frankly | Mar 19, 2014 9:24:25 PM

9. I don't want to sound harsh but this looks like pure pandering on the part of Kylie. First she does a video which includes girl-girl action designed to appeal to sleazy straight guys, many of whom are homophobic. Now she does one which is designed to appeal to gay guys.

It's as if she is being controlled by a marketing strategy designed to cover all bases, including a demographic (sleazy straight guys) which is offensive to gay men. Lame.

A broader point is significant because it suggests that the likes of Kylie (and Madonna etc) are symptomatic of a wider homophobia in the music industry. The point is this: why can popular female acts make videos that include girl-girl action but popular male acts always make videos that never include guy-guy action? Even genuinely gay male singers rarely, if ever, put guy-guy action in their videos.

It's a double standard which is worth looking into. We need to look into it because, as gay men, we may be enabling this homophobic double standard whenever we buy the music of Kylie, Madonna etc.

Posted by: Jeffrey | Mar 19, 2014 9:42:25 PM

10. Jeffrey,

BINGO, you hit the nail on the head.

Katy Perry sang I Kissed A Girl and had a no. 1 hit with it. Beyonce, Rihanna, Madonna, Lady Gaga, Kylie, Christina Aguilera etc have all put girl-girl action in their music videos. All these performers have been very popular commercially. I can't think of any male performers of similar popularity who have put guy-guy action in their videos.

In a nutshell, the female performers are allowed to get away with it but the male performers aren't.

I won't be buying any music from these women, sorry. I won't buy any music from any female performer who props up this homophobic double standard.

Posted by: Mike | Mar 19, 2014 9:57:43 PM

11. almost tolerable, ON MUTE, that is...

Posted by: don't a tell la | Mar 19, 2014 10:27:55 PM

12. Whatever, dude. Meh

Posted by: Malcolm | Mar 19, 2014 11:05:07 PM

13. Some of you twits are truly brainless.

Posted by: Marc | Mar 20, 2014 12:14:17 AM

14. Simply sad. And the cowboy hats – seriously? I think the last line dancer retired to a twilight home a decade ago. Even a Bulgarian stylist could tell you it's 2014: any chance of catching up with the zeitgeist? You're being let down, luv.

Posted by: Jimbo | Mar 20, 2014 2:32:15 AM

15. Towleroad comment section: No fun allowed, ever.

Posted by: Babycakes | Mar 20, 2014 5:12:28 AM

16. It's funny that some gay men say that the Sexercize video is geared toward straight men, as if lesbians didn't exist and weren't a target group, either. Isn't that lesbophobic by omission?

Posted by: Tomas | Mar 20, 2014 8:55:51 AM

17. Although I thoroughly enjoy watching hot men dance around in stylish underwear, I am aware that it is not "good for me" in the same way that eating a fried Twinkie would taste good but would also not be good for me. And I can't even say it's a guilty pleasure, because SOOO much of the music industry is SOOO sexualized today. I mean, the majority of hits today are about having sex, or something along those lines. And the videos accompanying them (or MTV music awards, etc.) play right into it.

While we may not often agree with Christians on matters of sexual morality, I think we can agree with them that our culture in general is overly-sexualized. And that is not good for us, even if we enjoy it for the moment.

There are so many other things to sing about and promote that are not degrading and debasing. Do we really want to keep emptying ourselves like this, both as individuals and as a culture? Gay and straight alike?

Posted by: Jon | Mar 20, 2014 9:28:14 AM

18. I'm here to complain, just like all other troll commenters! Everything is bad! Everyone must know why I think its bad! ...... Actually Kylie is great and this unofficial video is cute and fun. People need to calm down.

Posted by: reality | Mar 20, 2014 9:45:30 AM

19. the guys are hot but I hate the song

Posted by: Jaysonn | Mar 20, 2014 10:54:35 AM

20. She's just trying to channel the MUCH better "Physical" from Oliva Newton-John. She missed the mark by a mile.

Posted by: BrokebackBob | Mar 20, 2014 12:17:12 PM