Channing Tatum | Film | Mila Kunis | Video | Wachowskis

New 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer Features Bees, Toilet-Cleaning, and Channing Tatum: VIDEO

Tatum

The Wachowski siblings just released an updated trailer for their upcoming intergalactic epic Jupiter Ascending. They released their first trailer for the film in December, but this one has lots more special effects including a flying space dragon whipping Channing Tatum around like a rag doll, Mila Kunis enchanting bees, and fiery spaceship battles.

Co-director Lana Wachowski (Matrix, V for Vendetta) underwent her gender transition in 2007.

Watch the trailer AFTER THE JUMP...

Jupiter_ascending

Comments

1. I hate to say this, but after getting absorbed into "The Cloud Atlas" this movie (also by the Wachowskis) seems like a direct rip-off of that epic. I would like to think it was something a little more unique.

Posted by: Rad | Mar 27, 2014 2:17:47 PM

2. I like it! :-)

Posted by: Mike Ryan | Mar 27, 2014 2:18:17 PM

3. I've learned to be really suspicious of movies that do this "book report" style of trailer - unless this is incredibly well produced, they just telegraphed the entire story. I'll wait for word of mouth, but not expect much.

And, oh, goodie, another supervillain who reads like a flaming queen and a particularly hair-trigger one, at that. Another good sign.

Yawn.

I'd love to be surprised.

Posted by: Lymis | Mar 27, 2014 2:29:42 PM

4. I dunno, the Wachowski's usually do pretty good work. Even at their worst their movies are usually a good ride. I'm excited about this, especially since it's not another remake of another movie.

Posted by: brandon h | Mar 27, 2014 2:40:06 PM

5. other than the stereotypical british accents on the villains - looks amazing! definitely will see - huge fan of the wachowskis. but enough with british accents please - unless it's contextually appropriate.

Posted by: steve | Mar 27, 2014 2:55:01 PM

6. Candy for my eyeballs.

Posted by: crispy | Mar 27, 2014 3:02:10 PM

7. And how will Sean Bean die in this one? ;) He's been buried alive, impaled, blown up, drawn'n'quartered, beheaded, strung up, filled with arrows, hanged, trampled/thrown from a cliff, drowned, stabbed and shot... he's the male version of Michelle Rodriguez! =D If I had to guess... he'll be lock-popped into the cold vacuum of space in "Jupiter Rising", that'd be new for him. ;)

Posted by: jexer | Mar 27, 2014 4:01:01 PM

8. This movie looks ridiculous but Mr Tatum looks gorgeous in that poster.

Posted by: jarago | Mar 27, 2014 5:47:41 PM

9. I don't know if the bad guy is a flaming queen--more of an over-educated and overly sophisticated, entitled metrosexual--the English accent adds to that.

That being said--no mention of an elfin warrior with a slight southern/Midwestern overly heterosexual accent.

It still looks like a fun ride.

Posted by: woodroad34 | Mar 27, 2014 5:53:43 PM

10. The only disconcerting thing for me is her name being Jupiter. So many goddesses to choose upon.

Posted by: SAYTHETRUTH | Mar 27, 2014 11:10:21 PM