Comments

1. Belthazar says

It doesn’t matter what his reaction would have been had it been a female. The guy invaded his personal space and the reaction was appropriate. So when did equality mean you can just kiss someone without their permission?

2. Nomaad says

@Belthazar: To you maybe not, had he been cool about a female kissing him that would have shown that he is not willing/able to have his private space invaded by a maybe, (maybe) because he is not able to compromise on that level socially, since I believe the motivation to kiss him would have been the same with the fan, regardless of their gender.

I never said anything about equality, you can stop projecting.

3. Belthazar says

Your the one who posted “we have a long way to go” in the context of the video. What makes you think a straight man wants another man to kiss him? Again, it’s his choice as to how he reacts to someone invading his personal space, not yours or mine! If you want to allow a complete stranger to kiss you, that’s find. The are those of us who are not OK with it.

4. WOLF says

I don’t care what gender you are, and I like men…if you try to kiss me when I don’t know you and didn’t ask, I might not just stick with a “whoa, dude” and recoil. I might go on the offense. So, no…this has nothing to do with gender. It’s called boundaries. Learn them.

5. MArk says

6. AdamK says

I don’t want to be touched, kissed or hugged by a stranger or even a casual acquaintance. People who impose themselves on others are in the wrong in situations like this.

7. HOCKEYJOCK says

Haha…these reactions are how you can tell this is an American website…

‘Oh my god, personal space has been invaded!!!’ and ‘Oh no, a PDA!’ (…I’ve actually heard American tourists yell that). Lol. ‘I don’t want to be touched’.

I don’t understand why some Americans get so freaked out by physical contact…to the point they get actually get angry/offended! He didn’t even kiss him! And not even on the mouth! Actually I thought that player had a really rude reaction considering it was just an appreciative fan…

And no, no-one would have cared if a woman had done that.

8. Martin says

Belthazer, who brought up equality? what does gay people DESERVING full equal rights have to do with this story of a possible straight fan kissing another straight man? Or are you projecting your own disdain for gays and gay rights here?

9. Cam says

Queer apologetic crowd make me laugh. BS about personal space. He was going to kiss him on the cheek for a quick second, not giving him head. Go away radical queer apologists.

10. Derrick from Philly says

BELTHAZAR didn’t bring up the idea that this story had a “Gay angle” to it. Others did. He simply reacted to the idea that the footballer’s reaction had to do with homophobia.

It’s Friday afternoon, honey, and they keepa’ comin’.

11. Belthazar says

@Cam then go up to the next presumably straight guy and attempt to kiss him. Let’s see what happens and how apologetic the “queers” are then.

12. stranded says

Posted by: MArk | Mar 7, 2014 2:34:53 PM

“In South America we greet anyone with a kiss, and it means affection without any sexual connotation, maybe because i’m affected to that culture I think the concept of the “personal space” is bulls*it, u live like machines people”

———————-

Depends on where you’re from. That might be the case in Argentina or Uruguay, but where I’m from you don’t kiss other men. In Latin American culture, where machismo is so deep rooted, even kissing your father or brother can be frowned upon or get you funny looks from other people.