Fred Phelps | Lorde | Video | Westboro Baptist Church

Westboro Counter-Protesters Hold Sign Saying 'Sorry For Your Loss' At Lorde Concert: VIDEO

Westboro

A day after Fred Phelps the founder of the "God Hates Fags" Westboro Baptist Church died, the church decided to protest a Lorde concert in Kansas City for "serving herself and teaching other young people how to be indolent rebels." They also made an awesomely tone-deaf cover of Lorde's "Royals", but we digress.

SorryLorde tweeted to her fans that she wanted a counter-protest in response, but she later deleted that tweet. Nevertheless, local counter-protesters showed up to the venue holding signs reading "Sorry for your loss" and "Live your life and be awesome."

As one protester told the KSHB news station, "I think if people are forced to have stare at [the WBC's hateful signs], they should have the option to have something good to look at." Protester Megan Coleman also said, "We realized that it wasn't so much about antagonizing them (the WBC), but sending out the counter message that we are here for people who need that message and need that positivity."

Sadly, one of the Westboro members feigned ignorance as to what the counter-protest signs were even in reference to.

See a video of the counter-protest AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Score: classy gays 10, homophobes zero.

Posted by: Dback | Mar 24, 2014 3:29:17 PM

2. Maybe I'm the only one, but I found the "Sorry for your loss" sign a little repulsive, like they're saying "look at me, I'm morally superior." Ugh.

Posted by: Merv | Mar 24, 2014 3:37:10 PM

3. Stunt queens one and all.

Posted by: Andrew | Mar 24, 2014 3:42:52 PM

4. Wow... isn't almost anyone morally superior to the WBC? But, I think the counter protesters were just trying to react in a forgiving, positive way to the WBC hate and negativity.

Posted by: Tim | Mar 24, 2014 3:55:10 PM

5. Great message. I'm glad they reached out that way to WBC.

Posted by: Jeff | Mar 24, 2014 4:44:34 PM

6. this is a fantastic response to someone who was so mean and disrespectful to others....this does show gay people rising above the fray.....and I just love one of the Westboro members feigning ignorance to the counter protesters, which speaks volumes about Westboro members

Posted by: Bernie | Mar 24, 2014 7:40:03 PM

7. Classy response...I love it! Defeat hatred with love and kindness.

Posted by: Jon | Mar 24, 2014 10:34:11 PM

8. what if everyone simply walked by this trash and ignored it? why anyone would think they deserve something nice to look at is beyond me. These people got into a position of power it would be genocide for our people.

Posted by: skeeze | Mar 25, 2014 9:12:31 AM

9. Thank God the evil, wicked of the west, Fred Phelps is DEAD.. May he burn in hell !!!

Posted by: Robotron | Mar 31, 2014 7:16:28 PM