Comments

1. Sam says

Yet another gay role going to a straight actor. Typical Liberal Hollywood bs – espousing tolerance but systematically denying positive visibility to actual gay individuals. The younger generation has caught onto this.

2. AG says

3. Cd in DC says

that is one scary looking dude in person, saw him in Sydney when he was playing Green Goblin and thought i would pass out. Glad someone’s playing Pasolini or trying to at least, he’s definitely misunderstood.

4. Derrick from Philly says

I used to have a copy of Pasolini’s “Salo.” But I was afraid I’d die in my sleep and someone would find the copy in my possession, and think I was as much a pervert as Rick.

I guess Pasolini was trying to make statement about fascism. But the ending of “Salo” is too much horror.

5. simon says

Homosexual themes found their way into three of his films:
    is not quite correct.
    I definitely can remember one more than the ones cited here. It is Canterbury Tales in which a monk was caught engaging in homosexual act and burned at the stake. It was kind of graphic.

6. woodroad34 says

Gus or AG…whatever…if you actually worked in the entertainment business as I had for 20 years…you’d know that it’s far from liberal. There are a few high-profile people who are liberal, but the machinery is distinctly conservative and brutal–just like Congress and John Boehner.

7. don't a tell la says

Wow, Pasolini being mentioned on Towleroad…but then my hopes are suddenly dashed by yet another inane Kylie video. :(

8. jarago says

Pasolini made one of the best films about the life of Christ “The Gospel According to Saint Mathew” (1964)

9. Felix says

Cant wait to see the first gay biopics where the subject wont end up murdered or killing themselves. I guess I’ll have to wait a few more decades.

10. Tristram says

Pasolini slept with young (probably underage) prostitutes and even his own students. I hope He is portrayed as the pathetic piece of sh__ that he was. Willemstad Dafoe – as one of the most villainous looking actors around – is a good start .