Comments

1. Dback says

I wish the writers of the show would let Mitch and Cam more often tap into the loose, funny, affectionate vibe that Ferguson and Stonestreet have in real life. The characters are MUCH more uptight and generally not as warm to each other, aside from the lovely proposal episode early this year.

2. jmartindale says

This is a harmless program that makes fun of all the cast members. Like the Will and Grace show, it is full of stereotypes and exaggeration. That is sometimes the grist of comedy. It works, and it is something that can help us win over people who find gays strange.

3. I wont grow up says

I just don’t buy the Mitch and Cam relationship, as they are written they are much too bitchy with each other and Cam is too much of a sensitive drama queen for anyone to put up with. Just one man’s opinion.

4. Kevin F. says

I’m looking forward to the episode. I don’t think the characters are anymore neurotic than any of the other characters on the program. I do wish that Cam could have a bit more character range though.

5. Jamie says

That show is so gay and disturbing ugh.
    Posted by: Troy | Apr 30, 2014 10:41:57 AM

The only thing truly disturbing is your comment. Go creep back to your closet you self-loathing troll.

6. Trolliollio says

There is a huge amount of humor in awkward situations with even more awkward people and semi predictable behavior with unpredictable reactions or results. It seems everyone on the show is supposed to be an awkward version of their niche whether it’s Latina, Nerd, Hormonal Teen, Suburban Dad or yes even Gay Suburban Dad.

Would comedy really work as well if it were more serious or realistic? A comedy that is paced like a serious documentary might not make it to the #1 comedy spot.

7. Ted says

May actually be the best show on network TV my daughter and I bond over it

They present a realistic view of any relationship – trying to walk a tightrope between love and tension