Comments

1. emjayay says

Very nice. Have no idea what Petey is talking about. And OK I’ll say it, nerdiest young director on earth.

2. will says

This is really not bad. The passionate-dangerous-attraction theme that’s wriiten into the choreography seems only partly realized. The movement, I suppose, is trying for a fusion between the stylized gymnastics of Cirque du Soleil and the larger-than-life dancing of “West Side Story” (dancing off the walls)– you can see the ambition — but it’s not really sustained. The guys aren’t fluid and limber enough. It’s meant to FLY, but stays grounded. Both have a quietly masculine presence. The music is hypnotic.

3. will says

4. Dback says

May not be the highest-end video, but something about it really got under my skin. Love the choreography, the passion, and the music.

5. AllBeefPatty says

Groan-inducing.

If it were not for the starting shots of his body, I would have turned it off in 3 secs.

It’s like rap. Played out.

6. Arrow says

They can have each other, with the simple symbolism, and embarrassing gymnastics. It’s for a type. Not mine.

7. Lerone says

Loved it. Low budget or not, played out or not- this video has more artistic merit than 95 % of the same bubble gum crap of music videos thats out there these days.

8. LouisXX says

I really like John Grant, but this song was REALLY weak. Within two lines of vocals I was questioning why ANYONE would call this a “powerhouse track.” And the action….pfft.

9. Jerry says

@TIGERNAN:

But Kate Bush did ALL THE THINGS and didn’t leave any for anybody else…

10. Asad Saeed says

This is a rip off of Lloyd Newson’s work, Dead Dreams of Monochrome Men for DV8 Physical Theatre. Hope they paid him a royalty.