Jodie Foster Married Alexandra Hedison Over the Weekend

Foster

Jodie Foster has married her girlfriend Alexandra Hedison, E! News' Marc Malkin reports:

HedisonI can exclusively reveal that the Oscar winner and her photographer girlfriend of almost a year got married this past weekend. A rep for Foster confirms the happy news.

Hedison, a photographer, dated Ellen DeGeneres for three years in a relationship which ended in 2004. She also played Dylan Moreland on Showtime's The L Word.

Congratulations!

Comments

1. Derrick from Philly says

I hope it’s true. Foster has been one of my favorites since she was eleven years old.
    A great screen actress.

2. Autechre says

“Look, it’s terrible, I know, but weakness really, really bugs me, to the point that if there is a wounded bird on the sidewalk, I look at it and I go: ‘I think I’ll just kick it.'”

3. Thomasina says

Congratulations on their marriage. But does anyone else have trouble making sense of Jodie Foster? She has always seemed like a reasonably smart person. However, she is a staunch defender of Mel Gibson, a man who was a vehement, ranting homophobe in interviews years before he started in (at least publicly) on Jews or women. Her pet project, the one she has nurtured for almost two decades, is a sympathetic biopic of Nazi propagandist Leni Riefenstahl. Her “coming out” speech at the Golden Globes was so full of disgust for anyone who takes the struggle for gay rights seriously. I just can’t read about her without feeling uneasy.

4. oncemorewithfeeling says

There are plenty of us who have no trouble making sense of Jodie Foster and who also don’t need to be spoon-fed the exact words that somebody somewhere decided were necessary for her to say in order to know her sexual orientation.

It surprises me not in the least that now that she is married to a woman there are people who have no idea whether or not she really does like the ladies and are still demanding for her to “admit” to being gay — using a vocabulary that they can understand.

There will be those who will go to their graves deriding Foster, while she will go to her grave as an almost-literally life-long entertainer and public figure who is an accomplished genius who spent her life surrounded by love.

She wins.

5. petey says

Wouldn’t it be nice if Ms. Foster was a bit more active in the gay rights fight? For all intents and purposes, she”s still in the closet.

6. Paul B. says

I don’t subscribe to the theory that we all need to be on a float in a thong to announce our gayness to the world. Nor do the good old lezzies need to look like men or drive a pick-up. We all arrive in our own way, in our own style…some quietly, some with a bang. Haven’t we learned anything about “live & let live” yet!

7. TM in LBC says

Married after less than a year…hmmm. For those of us who were coupled for decades before we were allowed to marry, that seems like rushing it.

8. says

She had been with Sydney Bernard for a great many years. they had children together. Then she dumped her for Melanie Myron’s girlfriend. That apparently was short-lived.

Was Mel Gibson the “ring-bearer”?

9. Jerry says

PETEY, when did Jodie Foster become a “professional lesbian?”

She’s an actress/director/producer. She didn’t sign up to be an activist, so I don’t know why anyone would expect her to be one.

10. Ray says

Why would you wanna marry Ellen’s ex? The celebrity circuit seems like such a closed shop…so limited!

11. Ray says

12. Kenthomes1Kentthomes says

Sorry….when you stay quiet while your gay and lesbian brothers and sisters are taking the heat by being out and open, thus making real change in society, while you could have done something makes you part of the oppression. Those who stand on the side while oppression is going on have chosen the side of the oppressor.

13. JMC says

Jodie Foster is gross. Not for her late coming out, but for being a close friend and staunch defender of both Mel Gibson and Roman Polanski.

14. tabsea says

Thanks Jodi for all the hard work & advocacy you have done for the LGBT community all these years- you are a shining light of leadership in our fight for equality. The right to marry was a hard fought battle that we are still fighting & by you spear heading & being one of our most high profile advocates, really paved the way to so much more acceptance in the US. We couldnt have done it without you all these years……….. HA!!!!!

15. Derrick from Philly says

(sigh) Well, I’ve read some of the criticisms some of you have of Jodi Foster. And that’s your right to have opinions about a public figure. OK

BUT, she is still one of the greatest screen actresses of her generation, interrupted her career to continue her education, rose to the top again, and a very smart businesswoman.

If a closeted (or down-low) homosexual says nothing bad about or harmful to LGBT people–then their private business aint really my business.

I mean, I’d love for Shemar Moore to come out, but what good would it do me? He’s not going to let me taste his thing.

16. Derrick from Philly says

Ha! I suppose if I’m going to express my admiration for Foster I could atleast spell her first name correctly.

I like it better without the “e”.

17. says

Jodi Foster I have adored you since you were a child. I think my favorite movie of you is NELL. I want to wish you and your Lady the most good luck anyone can have. congratulations.