Annie Leibovitz | Neil Patrick Harris | News | Theatre

Neil Patrick Harris Reveals the Python in His Pants: VIDEO

Lin-Manuel Miranda for Vanity Fair (and Annie Leibowitz) take a look at Neil Patrick Harris as he prepares for his upcoming role on Broadway as Hedwig in Hedwig and the Angry Inch.

And the VF camera crew has a talk with playwright and originator John Cameron Mitchell as well as a few of the backstage players, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Why make him look so haggard and old? Terrible make up and lighting.

Posted by: Critifur | Apr 15, 2014 12:48:42 PM

2. So so so tired of this guy

Posted by: Joe | Apr 15, 2014 12:56:43 PM

3. I never tire of the trolls who haunt the comments.
    I saw 'Hedwig' on Saturday... it's incredible. NPH is fantastic. He carries the show, as one would expect from this particular show.
    If you have any interest... get tickets now... it's gonna be real hard after it opens.

Posted by: JimmyD | Apr 15, 2014 1:00:34 PM

4. Can't wait to see it. I fear nothing will ever match up to the intimacy of the Jane St Theatre (or at least, my gauzy memories of it), but I am looking forward to it nonetheless.

Posted by: Glenn | Apr 15, 2014 1:40:30 PM

5. Over compensating much..

Posted by: Jay | Apr 15, 2014 1:50:54 PM

6. I'd like to see Annie Liebowitz photograph Prince with that lion in his pocket that's ready to roar.

Posted by: All The Critics Love U in New York | Apr 15, 2014 1:51:15 PM

7. Love the ultra-thin NPH, but the heroin chic makeup c'est un peu trop.

Posted by: Doogie Encore! | Apr 15, 2014 1:59:40 PM

8. He is Overexposed. I`m tired of him. He is superficial and extremely egotistical. Everything is always about him

Posted by: nn | Apr 15, 2014 2:15:46 PM

9. Love everything about NPH. So talented. We have tix to see Hedwig next month and can't wait.

Posted by: Kenny | Apr 15, 2014 2:19:22 PM

10. Overexposed. Really.

Stop hating on NPH. He's just living his life and doing the things he does, and many of us like to watch. He's compelling that way.

Posted by: kdknyc | Apr 15, 2014 2:27:19 PM

11. Work it, Doogie! LOL!

Posted by: dommyluc | Apr 15, 2014 2:47:56 PM

12. Now, sexy as hell can be added to his long list of gifts and talents.(But, then , David has always known that!;-)

I never get tired of seeing him. And their cuuuuuuute twins always brightens my day!

Posted by: iban4yesu | Apr 15, 2014 3:54:05 PM

13. love me some NPH

Posted by: disgusted merican | Apr 15, 2014 4:19:28 PM

14. Aaaaand here's a bigger pic for the pinup and the posterity! :-) :

Posted by: iban4yesu | Apr 15, 2014 4:24:04 PM

15. I also get tired of seeing the same 3 or 4 queens. And yes, he's no spring chicken and yes it's starting to show. And clear the only snake he had is the one around his neck.

Posted by: FakeOutrage | Apr 15, 2014 5:27:16 PM

16. damn that's old face!

Posted by: james | Apr 15, 2014 6:00:09 PM

17. I wanna see Eric McCormack in the replacement cast. And then David Schwimmer.

Posted by: DC | Apr 15, 2014 6:11:06 PM

18. NPH now & forever. I should be so lucky as to be his friend.

Posted by: Rikon Snow | Apr 15, 2014 7:43:27 PM

19. NPH is the gay male equivalent of Lady Gaga. So, so tired of both of them.

Posted by: Mark | Apr 16, 2014 6:12:38 AM

20. I like NPH. Overexposed? Yes, I suppose to a degree, but he is talented and has been one of the men to bring the "Gay? Yeah, who cares?" attitude to mainstream American media.

But damn he looks rough. He's had an old looking face since resurfacing years ago, but this makes him look ancient.

Posted by: RB | Apr 16, 2014 8:13:20 AM

21. That face looks kinda old even for 40....love the body and attitude though!

Posted by: fistoffury | Apr 16, 2014 9:43:50 AM

22. I prefer my men to be mature, not some go go boy toy. NPH isn't looking too bad to me.

Posted by: Jim | Apr 16, 2014 10:19:52 AM

23. I'd love to see the real python in his pants. He could wrap it around my neck or anyplace he would like.

Posted by: Mike Ward | Apr 16, 2014 3:52:23 PM