Aviation | News

Two Senior Citizens Fly for the First Time in Adorable Short Documentary: VIDEO

Flying

Ria and An demonstrate that wonder never gets old and it's never too late to face your fears and try something new in this beautiful short documentary from Vodafone.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Thanks for posting. Just what I needed to watch at the start of my week.

Posted by: dearcomrade | Apr 14, 2014 10:53:10 AM

2. These two women are delightful. To think, this was their first flight on an airplane. Wonderful.

Posted by: Christopher | Apr 14, 2014 11:03:30 AM

3. this was quite moving

Posted by: carlos | Apr 14, 2014 11:15:53 AM

4. That's great.

Posted by: Matt | Apr 14, 2014 11:16:26 AM

5. Aw! Loved that on this gloomy Monday morning!

Posted by: FernLaPlante | Apr 14, 2014 11:31:02 AM

6. Loved it! Thank you for posting this. It warmed my cold little heart!

Posted by: Scott | Apr 14, 2014 12:12:46 PM

7. Had already seen it, but gladly watched it again. I rarely laugh and cry at the same time, but this was equally as funny as it was absolutely touching.

Posted by: B. Wilson | Apr 14, 2014 12:16:35 PM

8. Wonderful. Life can still be fun during your senior years...well, if you've got some money.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Apr 14, 2014 12:27:23 PM

9. Andy is a closet old lady.

Posted by: Gary | Apr 14, 2014 12:51:26 PM

10. Couldn't just say something totally positive could you Derrick? Had to throw in some sour grapes at the end!

Posted by: UGH | Apr 14, 2014 2:05:28 PM

11. Wait'll somebody tells 'em about the Mile High Club...

Posted by: BobN | Apr 14, 2014 4:33:48 PM

12. Charming and up-lifting...

Posted by: Robert M. | Apr 14, 2014 4:38:13 PM

13. @ "Had to throw in some sour grapes at the end!"

So does sour grapes and reality mean the same thing?

And who the f.ck are you anyway?

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Apr 14, 2014 4:41:09 PM

14. It's curious that she pronouces Jesus, with a hard J burrowed from English, but the -ay sound the e would have in Dutch. Does anyone who speaks Dutch known how common this is? I've heard it more than once in Dutch films, even on thoroughly Dutch words. Even though the hard J technically doesn't exist in their language.

Posted by: EchtKultig | Apr 14, 2014 4:52:02 PM

15. Ooops...my pronounces lost an N and it ended up in my know...
    I swear my keyboard is possessed.

Posted by: EchtKultig | Apr 14, 2014 5:01:25 PM

16. @ "Couldn't just say something totally positive could you Derrick? Had to throw in some sour grapes at the end!"

It's strange and annoying how somebody can get to you with a little comment.

B*tch, do you mean to tell me that every senior citizen in the Netherlands can afford to take a vacation to Barcelona? I'm happy for those who can.

What I said was the truth. Some old folks don't have the money to travel. I don't. I can't even get to f.ckin' Disney World, b*tch.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Apr 14, 2014 5:27:00 PM

17. Do you think we care that you can't afford a trip? Is that their fault? Is it our fault? IF you bothered to look at the video you would probably have noticed that these women live in modest homes (actually they look like apartments) and they don't look well off. You may have also gathered that it is obvious that VODAPHONE paid for the flight as part of their PROMOTIONAL CAMPAIGN. And even if they did have the money to pay for it: whose business is it anyways? Maybe they saved all their life for something like this? You know nothing about their backgrounds and if they were well off, don't you think they would have been winging around the world on trips long ago? Why do you have to knock it?

Do you have to constantly come on here and be miserable all the time? You have this huge chip on your shoulder buddy. Get over yourself. You couldn't just let one positive, uplifting story go by without spreading your bitterness?

Btw your profanity laced response is a perfect example of your attitude and some people are tired of it.

Posted by: UGH | Apr 14, 2014 6:24:22 PM

18. Loved it! Would have been fun to be there with them having a blast!

Posted by: John | Apr 15, 2014 1:32:18 AM

19. That was so charming and funny.

Posted by: Larry | Apr 15, 2014 10:22:50 AM

20. Now I know why they keep explaining how to buckle and unbuckle a seatbelt.

Posted by: steve talbert | Apr 16, 2014 8:06:56 AM